ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Open - Women’s Wrestling results + questions

sunwarrior

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2016
Results here - view brackets by weight or click “Tm & competitors” use the dropdown arrow near top right to switch from “men’s open” to “women’s open” then click Iowa

Iowa women won 6 of 10 weight classes. I know Iowa women have some top-notch talent not currently in the lineup

Questions:
Are these the expected postseason starters at the weight classes Iowa did not win (130, 136, 143)?

Any info why Iowa did not have an entry at 155? Had a full lineup at the dual yesterday

Any info from someone who has been able to follow the program more closely than me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks & Go Hawks!

Reactions: wyldhawk9
Questions:
Are these the expected postseason starters at the weight classes Iowa did not win (130, 136, 143)?

Estrella will be the rep at 136. She's nationally ranked and is a previous National finalist
143 will be between Schmidt/Larramendy. Expect the non-starter to still compete/place highly at Nationals
After today, gotta imagine Frost is now the frontrunner for the starting spot at 130.
Any info why Iowa did not have an entry at 155? Had a full lineup at the dual yesterday

Larramendy wrestled up for the dual, but is a 143lber. But don't worry, the Hawks have two fantastic options for this weight: Previous National champ Deede, or rising star Bella Mir. Not sure why neither competed, but Deede is slated to compete at the All-Star event. Same as I mentioned above with 143, I would expect both to be at Nationals and place very highly.

Looking at some of the ranked opponents and how the Hawkeyes did against them this weekend

At 109 Bayless beat the #3 ranked Shufeldt 9-2, she's not 4-0 so she should be ranked
116 B. Gonzalez pinned #6 Klein in the dual, she's not 5-0
123 Taylor teched #2 at the dual, Felicity was ranked #2 at 116
136 Estrella teched #5 Gress at the dual, had two losses to unraked at the open, she's 5-2
143 Schmit and Larramendy both knocked off #2 Grace Stem in the open and both lost to Maya Letona, Schmit is 3-1, Larramendy is 5-1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT