ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor playing for Iowa demonstrates KF's status; analysis?

reedsposer22

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2013
This move through the portal demonstrates KF is still someone admirable to play for especially on O-line. Huge grab for us, goes to show us the clout and respect playing for KF comes with. Really neat.

Any thoughts?

I haven’t seen (but to be honest I didn’t look that much), did Proctor mention Ferentz being a factor in transferring to Iowa? Seems like a bit of “buyer’s remorse” on his part, along with Tyler Barnes keeping a good relationship going.
I‘m sure Proctor will have more to say about it soon enough.

Kirk has a solid coaching staff that doesn't burn any bridges, and that pays dividends when a recruit chooses another school. With solid play at QB, this team, this season, has a chance to have a similar record, but with a better team on the field. Iowa really was somewhat of a paper tiger last season.

feels like we're settling..........
Obvious quote aside I feel like he stabbed iowa in the back then took cheap shots at them on the way out the door then tried to play the victim. Only a low character individual does that. How many guys in the locker room feel the same way? I'm betting quite a few. I don't care how big of an upgrade he is, nobody is worth a divided locker room.

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
I doubt he would come back if the old man wasn't the HC.
He mentioned his relationship with Kirk and staff. No one doubts Kirk is a good guy
He just needs to hire an OC and stf out of the decision making on O.
If he can do that, with the new 12 team playoffs, Iowa will be a contender some years.
It's freaking bizarre that Kirk can't see this.

Regardless it's going to be sweet having the next possible Wirfs leading our line.
We needed this BIG TIME!
Especially with the new OC coming in. I have hope for the O.

feels like we're settling..........
Obvious quote aside I feel like he stabbed iowa in the back then took cheap shots at them on the way out the door then tried to play the victim. Only a low character individual does that. How many guys in the locker room feel the same way? I'm betting quite a few. I don't care how big of an upgrade he is, nobody is worth a divided locker room.
Maybe so. Still I think he was a young guy who got some bad advice on explaining his flip, and wasn't prepared for the blow back......

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Maybe so. Still I think he was a young guy who got some bad advice on explaining his flip, and wasn't prepared for the blow back......
Exactly.

So, you're 17 or 18 and the consensus #1 football program in the country wants you. I'm sure Bama used those same words to recruit him. So, someone sticks a microphone in your face and you repeat it.

The locker room will evaluate him on who he is and how he works and performs - not on a comment he made a year ago.

When coaches get near retirement age it gets harder to recruit. The competing coaches plant stuff in the recruit's head. The way to counter that is to have a program that has internal succession. I believe we have that with Seth. I think Kirk wanted that with Brian, but that transition did not work out so well.

• Sad
Reactions: Bierhalter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT