ADVERTISEMENT

Quality Iowa storm break out today/tonight

Sincerely hope everyone is okay this morning. It looked bad from news reports.
Hope y’all are safe.

Hope y’all are safe.
Lots of damage and destruction but Iowan’s will do what they do and that’s clean up their areas with the help of families and friends. Haven’t heard of any deaths or serious injury so that’s a good thing.

This was round one and calling for round two this afternoon into evening. Fingers crossed the weather isn’t as extreme today as it was yesterday and last night🤞🏻

Reactions: goldmom
We were at concert last night. It's odd when 15000 people's phones start going off at the same time with that awful weather warning sound.

There was one reported pretty close to my kids daycare. And one west of our house a few miles.

Reactions: millah_22
Hope y’all are safe.
We are babysitting a friends twins today as they go and help clean up their brothers house.

Windows completely blown out, garage door ripped off, shingles ripped off. House is still standing, but they're going to have to get an engineer out and do a bunch of structural repair, I'm sure.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleATL and goldmom
We were at concert last night. It's odd when 15000 people's phones start going off at the same time with that awful weather warning sound.

There was one reported pretty close to my kids daycare. And one west of our house a few miles.
The fortunate thing about how late it hit DSM is there were likely none (or very few) people and children at the daycare.

10? How does that even happen?!?
Some of these massive tornados are actually 2 or more circling around the same central point. One funnel goes up, another vortex comes back down.

So a line of them may be the "same" tornado, but it was actually multiple kind of passing off a baton.

Or you could just get a few spots that have tornado touchdowns, but they'll have a smaller sister tornado nearby.

Reactions: NoleATL
We’ve spent most of the weekend helping friends dig out of the rubble. I’ll post some pics. This one was taken right outside my house. This is the same F5 that hit Minden. It then crossed I80. Overturned a semi and pickup, then headed towards us. At the time of this picture it was headed towards us. I ran for the basement. It passed our house about a mile away.

These are pics from my friends place, about 5 miles north and east of Shelby. They got into their basement with 30 seconds to spare. His wife runs a dog training business out of one of their buildings, which is now gone. She has the most disciplined, award winning, trained German Shepherds. They were our neighbors for many years. Our dog would freak out and bark at them from across the street. Their Shepherds would just sit there, mind their own business and not even give my dog a second look. However, when the tornado took a turn towards their acreage, they refused to go to the basement. They had to carry and literally throw them down the stairs. My friend Bob was sucked up to the ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT