ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Heaven..

Jesus said Hell was a burning furnace among other things.

Jesus also refers to hell as a “fiery furnace” where law-breakers will be thrown at the end of the age when he returns. “The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matt. 13:41–42). He calls it “the hell of fire” (Matt. 5:22), “eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matt. 25:41), “unquenchable fire” (Mark 9:43), “eternal punishment” (Matt. 25:46).

@the24fan

If you're using the KJV, then you are using a tyrannic Kings version that the Roman Catholic Cardinals used to strike fear into the peasants to control them.

If you're using the KJV, then you are using a tyrannic Kings version that the Roman Catholic Cardinals used to strike fear into the peasants to control them.
Truth .
While I would argue the King James Version is a good translation the Catholic Church did teach literal place of fiery torment.
So they created hellfire to strike fear into their flocks.
It’s inconsistent with the Bible’s clear teaching that the dead are not conscious of anything .
We agree on this point😉
Brian and I not so much

• Love
Reactions: Sharky1203
The "watering down" of Hell is the biggest mistake of modern Christianity, IMO.
I’d argue it’s the biggest fear mongering of all time . What better way to keep their flocks in order than to frighten them into compulsory servitude to the church? Brian do you really believe a God of love would condone or create a place of fiery torment? It is flat out inconsistent with what we know God to be…

• Love
Reactions: Sharky1203
The author was Moses BTW.
You can believe this if you want. I don't. It doesn't make since linguistically, the archeology doesn't support it, the books seem back and forth with different perspectives, Moses would've had to narrate his own death scene.

Multiple authorship seems most likely.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
I’d argue it’s the biggest fear mongering of all time . What better way to keep their flocks in order than to frighten them into compulsory servitude to the church? Brian do you really believe a God of love would condone or create a place of fiery torment? It is flat out inconsistent with what we know God to be…

I've already answered your questions in this thread.

Jesus said we should fear Hell. I showed Scripture passages that prove it. Humans choose Hell.

You are free to disagree. I'm not going to convince you.

The Bible doesn’t provide a lot of details about hell other than its dark and very hot. The free will he gave you lets you decide how you want to spend your afterlife.
Coffee%20Mug%20-%20Far%20Side%20Just%20Not%20Reaching%20That%20Guy.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT