ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting update of sorts.

MVPFAN

HR Legend
Mar 10, 2003
Some guesses on where recruits end up from The Mat with some predictions/confirmations from Papa Bear in bold. Kind of a puzzle, lol.

TBar1977, on 18 Jul 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Suriano to Penn State.

Hall to Minnesota.

Yates to Iowa.

Pletcher to Pitt.

3 of 4. Not bad.

justafan, on 18 Jul 2015 - 1:31 PM, said:

I could see Suriano to Penn St or Iowa

Yates if he ends up in Iowa it will be north of Iowa City

Hall Minnesota and Pletcher Pitt I can see that

3 of 4 again. Really 2.5 of 4 because you weren't very definitive on 1.

Kingsland, on 18 Jul 2015 - 3:29 PM, said:

Red Penn state
Suriano Iowa
Yates Northwestern
Hall Ohio State
Pletcher Pitt

3 or 4 of 5

Not bad guys.

Suriano is coming to Iowa, imo.

Yates is coming to Iowa.

Red to PSU.

Hall to Minnesota.

Pletcher to Pitt.

I think Yates goes to Northwestern, Hall Minnesota, Red PSU, Suriano Nebraska, and Lee to Iowa

My understanding is that Yates doesn't really have interest in Iowa, so that would mean Suriano to Penn State, Hall to Minny and Pletcher to Pitt. However, that doesn't jibe with what I've heard from OTHER sources. So the lesson, as always, is wait and see.

Hall to Minny
Redd to psu
Sorianno to Iowa
Lee to Iowa
Happel to Iowa
Yates to Illinois

And Keegan Moore to Iowa. Brands hires a certain strength coach who is also a jcc alum. Coincidence?

Hall to Minny
Redd to psu
Sorianno to Iowa
Lee to Iowa
Happel to Iowa
Yates to Illinois

And Keegan Moore to Iowa. Brands hires a certain strength coach who is also a jcc alum. Coincidence?

Yes, hopefully that helps, but my "source" close to the Moore's had said that the Moore family wasn't really high on the Brands Brothers. That was nearly 6 months ago, so maybe Morningstar righted that ship. My source's prediction at the time was UNI or Penn State as Cael at the time had been making a big push on Keegan. However, I was also informed that Oklahoma State had been in contact for him to walk on for football. I was told that if he could land a D1 football scholarship he would forgo wrestling in college, but the general census was he was too small for D1 football, and would only garner walk on attention.

Yes, hopefully that helps, but my "source" close to the Moore's had said that the Moore family wasn't really high on the Brands Brothers. That was nearly 6 months ago, so maybe Morningstar righted that ship. My source's prediction at the time was UNI or Penn State as Cael at the time had been making a big push on Keegan. However, I was also informed that Oklahoma State had been in contact for him to walk on for football. I was told that if he could land a D1 football scholarship he would forgo wrestling in college, but the general census was he was too small for D1 football, and would only garner walk on attention.

How can anyone not be high on the Brands Bros?!

What?! I thought I won the internet for my correct guess on Rutt...

I really like Rudy Yates, kids a great athlete and a real go getter. Thought he was NW due to his great grades, working out with Tsirtsis, and proximity. UNI got a good one. Lee has to be the biggest target

How can anyone not be high on the Brands Bros?!

It was more in the context that they didn't feel that their son would "mesh" well with the Brands. I suppose I didn't choose my words 100% correctly. Keegan Moore is an upper weight, so with Morningstar and recently with Rutt on board now things could obviously change.

Suriano: Psu
Hall: Nebraska
Lee: Iowa
Rathbun: Iowa
Happel: Iowa/Psu
K. Moore: Iowa/UNI
Fix: Virgina
White: Illinois
Breske: Michigan
Bey: Illinois
Gremmel: Wisconsin
Pletcher: Pitt
Red: Psu

Just some food for thought.

Reactions: Knight563

Would Lee commit early to us then Spoons?

A few younger guys to keep your eyes are

Mitch Moore/going to be a Sophomore(Ohio 113lber)
Brody Teske/going to be a Sophomore(Iowa 106lber)
Alex Thomsen/going to be a Sophomore(Iowa 113lber)
Brady Berge/going to be a Junior(Minnesota 152lber)
Kyle Lawson/going to be a Junior(Ohio 152lber)
Gable Stevenson/going to be a Sophomore(Minnesota 220lber)

Under the radar type guys from Iowa:
Bryce Esmoil/going to be a Sophomore: 195
Trey Brisker/going to be a Sophomore: 132
Joe Kelly/going to be a Sophomore: 160 (Mitch Kelly's son)
Nelson Brands/going to be a Sophomore: 126

Isley will probably play football. But I would LOVE to have him wrestling for the Hawks.

White and Bey will be in Illinois if their grades are good enough but thats up for debate....

None of my thoughts are Facts more just gut feelings from what I have heard......

None of my thoughts are Facts more just gut feelings from what I have heard......

No worries Spoons. 90% of this board is gut feeling but at least you give an honest opinion. You obviously have some knowledge on the matter.

Marnelli
Young
Rathburn
Happel

Is a solid foundation. Would love to sneak in Suriano and Hall of course. AND LEE FOR NEXT YEAR...YES PLEASE!

I do believe Hall will come down to Nebraska and Iowa. I do think his intentions were Minnesota over the last couple years. But he is thinking bigger than that now.
And what about Micky Phillippi from the Young Guns?

Reactions: Knight563

I would be surprised if Fix didn't end up a Cowboy. You always see Jon Smith lerking behind his corner.

PSU board were talking how Phillippi's style is llike watching paint dry. Lots of riding with low scoring.

Austin O'Connor from Illinois is another one to watch. Very tough, was at 130 in season and up to 152 now.

Kyle Biscoglia 100, Aden Reeves 106, Ben Sarasin 152, Wyatt Wriedt 258, Marcus Coleman 160 and Anthony Sherry 170 had good Fargo results.

PSU board were talking how Phillippi's style is llike watching paint dry. Lots of riding with low scoring.

Austin O'Connor from Illinois is another one to watch. Very tough, was at 130 in season and up to 152 now.

Kyle Biscoglia 100, Aden Reeves 106, Ben Sarasin 152, Wyatt Wriedt 258, Marcus Coleman 160 and Anthony Sherry 170 had good Fargo results.
Stranger things happen, but I'm guess KJ and the Paulson bros already have there claws in Coleman.

No worries Spoons. 90% of this board is gut feeling but at least you give an honest opinion. You obviously have some knowledge on the matter.

Marnelli
Young
Rathburn
Happel

Is a solid foundation. Would love to sneak in Suriano and Hall of course. AND LEE FOR NEXT YEAR...YES PLEASE!
When it comes to recruiting and what is bandied about on this or any other wrestling forum, the figure is a lot closer to 99.9%. Nobody knows a thing. A lot of the wrestlers being recruited don't even know.

Your best bet is to wait patiently and hope for the best. Same as every year. You'll sleep better.

A few younger guys to keep your eyes are

Mitch Moore/going to be a Sophomore(Ohio 113lber)
Brody Teske/going to be a Sophomore(Iowa 106lber)
Alex Thomsen/going to be a Sophomore(Iowa 113lber)
Brady Berge/going to be a Junior(Minnesota 152lber)
Kyle Lawson/going to be a Junior(Ohio 152lber)
Gable Stevenson/going to be a Sophomore(Minnesota 220lber)

Under the radar type guys from Iowa:
Bryce Esmoil/going to be a Sophomore: 195
Trey Brisker/going to be a Sophomore: 132
Joe Kelly/going to be a Sophomore: 160 (Mitch Kelly's son)
Nelson Brands/going to be a Sophomore: 126

Max Lyon Western Dubuque - Going to be a Junior. 2nd as soph to Isaiah Patton in SV
Lost to Keegan Moore at USAW Juniors in Rd16

Still don't think Hall ends up in Minny. He's politely keeping them in his top 5 to alleviate some of the hatred that will come his way as he leaves the State. My opinion is he gets a full ride, obviously, wherever he goes... so if he was to be a Gopher, he'd have already committed. It's tOSU/Iowa. Minny is in a BIG rebuild and Hall seems like a guy that wants individual titles AND team titles.

Reactions: el dub
Minnesotas rebuild won't be a long process. When Hall is ready to step into the lineup, the Gophers will be ready to scrap.

I'd look at Joe Silva from Florida. 2x state champ, NHSCA Freshman Champ, 3rd at FloNationals. He will a sophomore this year.

Minnesotas rebuild won't be a long process. When Hall is ready to step into the lineup, the Gophers will be ready to scrap.
Or so you hope. :D

The Gophers have a helluva program, so yeah, it shouldn't take too long to rebound. But on paper for this year, certainly looks to be the worst in quite some time. A couple of guys improve a lot from last year though, ya never know I guess. I think Okie State had a 17th place "clunker" a few years back, and they've done pretty well since so..............

I do hope the Hawks reel in young Mr. Hall, but I won't lose any sleep over it either way. And I'm confident Iowa will be "ready to scrap" when Hall is ready as well.

ADVERTISEMENT