ADVERTISEMENT

Renteria competing at UWW Cadet Nationals

We'll still take Lee in Folkstyle though right? :D
In the two matches Lee did win the takedown battle 5-1. Most of Fix's points were off exposure, which obviously wouldn't benefit him in folk. Fix did look extremely impressive though

That might be a year with out top end light weights though........not ideal!

Olivas beats Renteria 6-2. Jason was down 4-2 and was extremely close to getting exposure on two separate occasions with a gator roll. He tried it one last time in desperation and gave up late exposure. Not a bad showing from Jason. Cade has much more freestyle experience and I do believe the wrestlers are about the same age even though Jason is a year ahead in school. Keep on getting better young man.
Thank you . Jason is working really hard & getting use to the styles. Its been a while since he's wrestled free/Greco

Last edited:
welcome to you and your very fine son mr. renteria. I am really looking forward to watching j wrestle at carver and hopefully meeting you one of these days.

We seem to have some really nice dads on this site these days. PapaBear, jrents dad and jaysdad(Mejia). Remember the slew of jerk dads we had on this site in years past? It's nice to see and I'm sure your boys will continue to grow and make you proud. Happy belated Father's Day!

We seem to have some really nice dads on this site these days. PapaBear, jrents dad and jaysdad(Mejia). Remember the slew of jerk dads we had on this site in years past? It's nice to see and I'm sure your boys will continue to grow and make you proud. Happy belated Father's Day!

I don't recall jerk dads that posted on this site, but have seen on other sites. I have seen some jerk posters though. Gotta have pretty thick skin these days as a parent of a star athlete if you're going to read message boards. This site doesn't have an exclusive on db fans though. Plus, Iowa draws the largest crowds. Percentages alone there's bound to be a few bad apples.

Someone struck again with Papa Stroker...he went off on somebody on Twitter. Think he realizes it's a fruitless exercise but it must be tough.

If a dad wants to go at it with some idiot who spews crap about his son/daughter, go for it. Why do the parents have to have thick skin and turn the other cheek, while someone (with the safety of anonymity) gets to attack, a lot of times on a personal level, their kid because they missed a layup/pass/takedown?

Reactions: Azchief32
Disagree Eddie...I'd be pissed too, especially when they are attacking character, not talking wrestling. He knows it's a minority of Hawk fans. I think Fredy is going to be just fine. I'll root for him except against Iowa, at B1G, or the NCAAs.

Disagree Eddie...I'd be pissed too, especially when they are attacking character, not talking wrestling. He knows it's a minority of Hawk fans. I think Fredy is going to be just fine. I'll root for him except against Iowa, at B1G, or the NCAAs.
I'm not talking about twitter but real life. There is a reason he wasn't pursued by coaches an hour away.

I'm not talking about twitter but real life. There is a reason he wasn't pursued by coaches an hour away.

I don't know anything about that...However, he is a Colonel (retired maybe) in the U.S. Army so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Reactions: wasdt21
Maybe not CL but calling out people on the internets for questioning his son's character mainly because he chose to go to a rival does not make one a DBag IMO. Wasting his time...maybe, but it's his to waste. I think Mr. Stroker would have no problem with you calling him names...just his kids.

I do not know whats been said by either side, what I do know is I would kill or die for any one of my three kids.so col. stroker will get a little slack from me.

Reactions: Azchief32
ADVERTISEMENT