ADVERTISEMENT

RIP C.J. Snare

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
The lead singer of 90’s glam rock band FireHouse died on Friday at the age of 64. He apparently suffered cardiac arrest after a 3+ year battle with colon cancer.

fan of some of this 90's stuff, mainly I like warrant. but I never heard one of his slow ballads. last night at karaoke, this dude totally butchered it in cj snare's honor.
I can say now I still never heard it.

I think it was love of a lifetime maybe? I dunno but the dude killed it. literally.

fan of some of this 90's stuff, mainly I like warrant. but I never heard one of his slow ballads. last night at karaoke, this dude totally butchered it in cj snare's honor.
I can say now I still never heard it.

I think it was love of a lifetime maybe? I dunno but the dude killed it. literally.
Yep. Love of a Lifetime. Every glam rock band, no matter how badass they tried to portray themselves, had at least one ballad they could play in concert so the women in the crowd would flash their tits.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Yep. Love of a Lifetime. Every glam rock band, no matter how badass they tried to portray themselves, had at least one ballad they could play in concert so the women in the crowd would flash their tits.
It was the formula man....every "first" single in that genre was some mid-tempo hard rock song to show how either a): tough they were, or b): how big of partiers they were, then they'd hit 'em right in the old baby maker with the second single ballad to show them how sensitive they were.

Every.....single.....time.

The only exception was Ratt, which I always contend is why they never got quite as big as the others of the day, no schmoozy ballad to get the gals to buy their records. Only dudes liked Ratt, while all the gals loved Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrant, Firehouse, et al.

Of course, Ratt was also so much better than most bands of the era, they just got lumped into a genre because of how they looked.

Reactions: h-hawk and TJ8869
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT