ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo McKnight a hawk

Very good pickup. This kid had similar measurables as Josh King at a camp earlier this year and is a nationally ranked wrestler. The Dline class they are putting together is pretty good. Schulte, Golston, Lattimore, Simon, McKnight

Very good pickup. This kid had similar measurables as Josh King at a camp earlier this year and is a nationally ranked wrestler. The Dline class they are putting together is pretty good. Schulte, Golston, Lattimore, Simon, McKnight
I love this verbal! Thank you Romeo for picking the Hawkeyes! You will excel at Iowa.

Reactions: ichawk24
6'5 230 lbs lots of room to grow, maybe the next Reiff? anything is possible and I rhink Simon might end up as a LB.

Reactions: ichawk24
Awesome will probably develop into the next Robert Gallery, Dallas Clark, Demond Sanders combination. Might even be able to kick so he will be just like Nate Kaeding as well!!! Just thought I would join on the Foley bandwagon.

Awesome will probably develop into the next Robert Gallery, Dallas Clark, Demond Sanders combination. Might even be able to kick so he will be just like Nate Kaeding as well!!! Just thought I would join on the Foley bandwagon.

LOL. I think you meant Bob Sanders, but in line with your thinking, I think I will rename him 'Robert Bob Dallas', (to be known as RBD or the 'Really Big Deal').
In all seriousness though, I like this D-line class, but I'm telling you right now (and you can bank it) that Lattimore and Simon will end up DT's. Just an 'educated' hunch?

Reiff was a DE out of HS and look at how and where he ended up,
Ballard was a 4* TE and then moved to DE then finished his career as a DT.
Roth was a 4* LB who finished his career as a DE,
Klug was a 2* LB who finished his career as a DT,
Hitchens was a 2* RB who finished his career as a LB, he even got a look as a SS.
the list goes on and on as to all the players that moved 2* or 4* players and in between, Simon and McKnight will be no different. Syracuse recruited him as a ILB.
just because Rivals list him as a DE does not mean he will end up there.

Lattimore is listed as a DE but people are already penciling him in as a DT. what happens if DT Swan picks the Hawks then where does Simon play? why does he need to 50 + lb to play DT when he doesn't need to add any weight and use that power to play MLB?

LOL. I think you meant Bob Sanders, but in line with your thinking, I think I will rename him 'Robert Bob Dallas', (to be known as RBD or the 'Really Big Deal').
In all seriousness though, I like this D-line class, but I'm telling you right now (and you can bank it) that Lattimore and Simon will end up DT's. Just an 'educated' hunch?

Hey Matt,
You know Bob Sanders real name is Demond and he initially went by that at Iowa, for his first year or 2...right?

Would they be wrong in saying that we have been recruiting MAC talent?

WTF does that even mean? You guys read someone say it, love how derogatory it sounds, and you just repeat it so you can be part of the 'Iowa's letting us down and ruining my life' flock. Waah:)
Oh, and yes they would be wrong. They are just recruiting talent. Talent isn't determined by what team or conference you end up in. But for fun, I'll play along. The MAC as of 2014 had 74 players in the NFL. Wouldn't it be great if the Iowa coaches had identified these TALENTED football players before they ended up at a MAC school? Guys like Josh Sitton, Brandon Marshall, T.J. Lang, Ben Rothlesberger (however you spell it),
Greg Jennings, Eric Fisher, Antonio Gates, Kahlil Mack, etc. etc. etc. (I can go on and on). Give me some of that 'MAC talent' any time baby!!!
You guys are truly ignorant. Game, set, match...
So please at least attempt to just stfu, , watch the games, cheer on whoever you 'truly' support, get drunk, and leave running a college football program to the people in the know.
P.S. - That would not be any of you, whiny, self-absorbed, dumb-a**es:)

Last edited:
WTF does that even mean? You guys read someone say it, love how derogatory it sounds, and you just repeat it so you can be part of the 'Iowa's letting us down and ruining my life' flock. Waah:)
Oh, and yes they would be wrong. They are just recruiting talent. Talent isn't determined by what team or conference you end up in. But for fun, I'll play along. The MAC as of 2014 had 74 players in the NFL. Wouldn't it be great if the Iowa coaches had identified these TALENTED football players before they ended up at a MAC school? Guys like Josh Sitton, Brandon Marshall, T.J. Lang, Ben Rothlesberger (however you spell it),
Greg Jennings, Eric Fisher, Antonio Gates, Kahlil Mack, etc. etc. etc. (I can go on and on). Give me some of that 'MAC talent' any time baby!!!
So please to at least attempt to just stfu, , watch the games, cheer on whoever you 'truly' support, get drunk, and leave running a college football program to the people in the know.
The worse thing about Rivals new format is asshats like you and Kilroy were no longer banned.

Hey Matt,
You know Bob Sanders real name is Demond and he initially went by that at Iowa, for his first year or 2...right?

I think it is obvious that I did not know that. And thank you for pointing it out:)
Every time I saw him, I just called him Sandy or Bobby:)

The worse thing about Rivals new format is asshats like you and Kilroy were no longer banned.
The worst thing about the old format was that whiny, ignorant, idiots were allowed to post repetitive negative posts, over and over and over, which was CLEARLY a violation of the posted rules, with no consequences.
And I was never banned, just didn't post under this name for awhile.

So please at least attempt to just stfu, , watch the games, cheer on whoever you 'truly' support, get drunk, and leave running a college football program to the people in the know.

You're right, Matt. Calling them MAC talent isn't technically correct since Iowa gave them the opportunity to play in the Big Ten. Something like "MAC + Iowa" talent would be more appropriate. You keep taking MAC talent any time baby and I'll take Big Ten talent. I bet my team would beat yours.

Reactions: BolderHusker
You're right, Matt. Calling them MAC talent isn't technically correct since Iowa gave them the opportunity to play in the Big Ten. Something like "MAC + Iowa" talent would be more appropriate. You keep taking MAC talent any time baby and I'll take Big Ten talent. I bet my team would beat yours.

You are obviously not capable of critical thought. Just hang on to your 'believe system' for all you've got there skippy.
You really believe there's a difference between beating Western Mich. and Indiana for a recruit? I'm not even going to try to explain things to you simpletons. I think I'll join the 'in' flock of Iowa football experts instead:)
Duh, MAC talent, der, KF is an overpayed idiot, duh, Iowa's horrible, der LB's are talentless, umm, der, duh, umm....at last but not least.....duh, checkdown, Lmao!!!!
I feel better already, LOL!!!

Or maybe he could be the next Drew Cook.....

You are obviously not capable of critical thought. Just hang on to your 'believe system' for all you've got there skippy.
You really believe there's a difference between beating Western Mich. and Indiana for a recruit? I'm not even going to try to explain things to you simpletons. I think I'll join the 'in' flock of Iowa football experts instead:)
Duh, MAC talent, der, KF is an overpayed idiot, duh, Iowa's horrible, der LB's are talentless, umm, der, duh, umm....at last but not least.....duh, checkdown, Lmao!!!!
I feel better already, LOL!!!

Geez Matt you're all over the place. Let's try to stay on topic. So do you or do you not think that, generally speaking, players in the MAC are better than players in the BIG?

ADVERTISEMENT