ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock in for a fight for #1 spot@ Michigan

HawktimusPrime

HR Legend
Mar 23, 2015
http://espn.go.com/college-football...igan-wolverines-starting-quarterback-job-lose

I think I can win the starting job because I have the mentality to do so," Morris said during a break in the Michigan A4 Aerial Assault camp put on by Harbaugh at the University of Michigan. "Right now, it's my job to lose. Working hard, fighting off any competitors that are trying to take it away from me."

The main competition for Morris, who completed 43 of 87 passes for 389 yards in his first two seasons, likely is Iowa transfer Jake Rudock.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...igan-wolverines-starting-quarterback-job-lose

I think I can win the starting job because I have the mentality to do so," Morris said during a break in the Michigan A4 Aerial Assault camp put on by Harbaugh at the University of Michigan. "Right now, it's my job to lose. Working hard, fighting off any competitors that are trying to take it away from me."

The main competition for Morris, who completed 43 of 87 passes for 389 yards in his first two seasons, likely is Iowa transfer Jake Rudock.
Sounds like he is trying to convince himself that it is his job to lose. Just play ball kid.

I can't root for jake. He was given a thousand chances at Iowa and didn't get it done. The way he quit was pathetic and totally disrespectful the the program that gave him unlimited opportunities.

Reactions: iowalaw
I can't believe I just liked a Husker fan's post.

Rudock didn't do anything wrong with how anything was handled. I don't remember him saying anything negative or throwing anyone under the bus or being negative about the time at Iowa. Harbaugh is the coach of the moment, and notorious for QB development. I think being the back up here in Iowa or being given the chance to be the starter with Harbaugh, he did what was best for him.

I still think Morris beats him out, however. More upside, I think.

I can see why he'd be so confident.

What else would you expect Morris to say? That is the attitude he should have. You should want to be the starter.

Now, I do not expect that Morris will be. Rudock has passed for more than 10 times as many yards, and started more than 10 times as many games in college. All Morris has is an extra spring with this coaching staff and better press clippings coming out of high school. Morris was under 50% as a passer, and under 5 yards an attempt, at Michigan. He was under 50% in the Michigan spring game. If Harbaugh liked what he saw, he wouldn't have brought Rudock (and O'Korn) onto the roster. I don't think Morris is the future.

I can't believe I just liked a Husker fan's post.

Rudock didn't do anything wrong with how anything was handled. I don't remember him saying anything negative or throwing anyone under the bus or being negative about the time at Iowa. Harbaugh is the coach of the moment, and notorious for QB development. I think being the back up here in Iowa or being given the chance to be the starter with Harbaugh, he did what was best for him.

I still think Morris beats him out, however. More upside, I think.
He obviously was doing what the coaches wanted or they wouldn't have kept starting him. It is possible he 'lost' the team though, and it may have been no fault of his own. Recievers could have started grumbling about no balls down the field but the coaches could have been telling him he made the correct read. His calm and passive demeanor may have not been what the kids would follow, maybe wanting more fire out of their leader. Whatever the case may be, it appears and sounds like he 'lost' the team. Seems like a good kid and I hope Michigan is a better fit for him. I still think it'd be fun to play Mich. for the B1G championship.

Reactions: ichawk24
I can't root for jake. He was given a thousand chances at Iowa and didn't get it done. The way he quit was pathetic and totally disrespectful the the program that gave him unlimited opportunities.
Jake was handcuffed by the coaching staff. He did quit after getting screwed over by Kirk.

Reactions: Zooropa_NCR
There are some interesting comments on here. He seems to have the tools to get the job done. How do you guys think he'll do for us at Michigan if he starts?

Just so that I have this straight...hawk fans get pissed off when a kid commits to Iowa, then decommits at the last minute. However, they love a kid who has been handed a starting qb position for 2 years, despite driving the team into the ground, then he leaves the team to go play for someone else, and he's a hero?

Just so that I have this straight...hawk fans get pissed off when a kid commits to Iowa, then decommits at the last minute. However, they love a kid who has been handed a starting qb position for 2 years, despite driving the team into the ground, then he leaves the team to go play for someone else, and he's a hero?

I don't hate Rudock or Higdon. Both did what they thought was best for them.

Who used hero?

There are some interesting comments on here. He seems to have the tools to get the job done. How do you guys think he'll do for us at Michigan if he starts?

My opinion is that he will be okay. Not great. But better than anyone else on Michigan's roster. He has a decent arm. He has okay feet. He needs good protection, and sometimes feels a rush that is not actually there. But he will also make some big throws. He rarely makes a bad decision. He will make Michigan's offense look coherent, but not explosive.

Reactions: Hwk-I-St8
Just so that I have this straight....they love a kid who has been handed a starting qb position for 2 years, despite driving the team into the ground,
Since you were "asking" if you have this straight.......no, that's not what Jake Rudock did. Thanks for playing.

If he starts at Michigan, he'll be a solid QB, B1G league average or slightly above average. Lots of teams will run out worse players.

I can't believe anyone would think that Jake was held back by KF. He was given at least one more year of starts than he deserved. If Jake as a decent year it will be because of talent around him.
He was turned into a robot by KF. The reason he got the extra year of starts is because he was willing to be Kirks check down charlie.

He was turned into a robot by KF. The reason he got the extra year of starts is because he was willing to be Kirks check down charlie.
It's so good to have heddie4skin and his rational discourse back again. I'm sure there's a bunch of you who appreciate him, because he makes the worst of you look brainy:)
KF has nothing to do with the passing game or calling plays there 4skin. Nice try.

It's so good to have heddie4skin and his rational discourse back again. I'm sure there's a bunch of you who appreciate him, because he makes the worst of you look brainy:)
KF has nothing to do with the passing game or calling plays there 4skin. Nice try.
Sure he does which is why he hired a yes man to take the spot of KOK, who finally had enough of Kirk trying to dictate how he ran his offense.

I wish Jake well. He made the decision best for him and in the end, it is HIS decision. I was surprised he left Iowa without staying to compete but only he and Coach know what was shared behind closed doors as far as Jake's chance to be the starter again.

Jake is a smart kid. College football will only be a blip on his radar.

At 14 going through puberty you're a kid. At 18 u can vote and die for your country you're becoming a man. At 22 three 4ths through college have an idea of that career job u want or will get. Pretty much better have your shit together because you're a man.

So you hate him now cause he's a man? A big manly man that deserves to be hated because he wasn't good enough and decided to leave your prestigious program?

At some point take a step back and realize, this is just a game boyz.

Reactions: Cougar63
So you hate him now cause he's a man? A big manly man that deserves to be hated because he wasn't good enough and decided to leave your prestigious program?

At some point take a step back and realize, this is just a game boyz.
Are you kidding me? Nowhere does he say he hates him because he is a man, nor intimate it. Nowhere does he even say anything about his skills or leaving Iowa.

You put those words in his mouth whole cloth. You are the one who near the very beginning of this thread called him a kid in the first place.

Reassess your motivations by coming onto another team's board just to artificially stir up disagreements. Unreal.

Im interested to see how he does under a different staff. Every QB under Greg Davis at Iowa has looked confused as hell.
Me too. It was pretty clear when he got a chance that he was not used to have defenders get to him. He danced around like a cat on a hot tin roof, but a lot of guys do that. He appeared to me to be timid to throw the ball in certain parts of the field. I'm pretty sure they are coached to avoid where they have had past issues. Stanzi's Sr year was good from a TD/Int ratio but if you go back and view the games he rarely threw over the middle like he did his Jr year. But that is where many of his picks where too. Gut tells me KF and staff hammer a little too much on not making mistakes.

Me too. It was pretty clear when he got a chance that he was not used to have defenders get to him. He danced around like a cat on a hot tin roof, but a lot of guys do that. He appeared to me to be timid to throw the ball in certain parts of the field. I'm pretty sure they are coached to avoid where they have had past issues. Stanzi's Sr year was good from a TD/Int ratio but if you go back and view the games he rarely threw over the middle like he did his Jr year. But that is where many of his picks where too. Gut tells me KF and staff hammer a little too much on not making mistakes.

Yep, me too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT