ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock in for a fight for #1 spot@ Michigan

He was an average, game manager type QB.

He left for a shot at playing time when he was given the message that he was not going to come back as Iowa's starter. I have no problem with that. Nor am I at all bothered that he left.

I don't care one way or another how he fares at meechigan.

Reactions: sloehawk
Rudock didn't get it done in the Nebraska game, in fact he looked awful

I was at the game. Rudock missed a wide open receiver down the middle and checked down. That was worse than Tate in the metrodome throwing to Scott Chandler in triple coverage, when he had a streaking brodell or someone down the sideline. At least Chandler was a giant.

Rudock didn't get it done in the Nebraska game, in fact he looked awful

Agree that Rudock did not have a good game against Nebby but special teams and defense even played worse then Rudock. QB always's takes the blame when his team loses but many seem to have forgot how our special team punt coverage gave the game away in the 2nd half and that the Iowa defense could not stop the Nebby offense in the 2nd half even though the Huskers were missing numerous key starters on offense. Defense turned around and played an even a worse game against Tenn. in the bowl game. No doubt that Jake could have played better but so could have the entire team. I've never seen a Hawks defense looks as slow and flat footed as they did against Tennessee.

He was an average, game manager type QB.

He left for a shot at playing time when he was given the message that he was not going to come back as Iowa's starter. I have no problem with that. Nor am I at all bothered that he left.

I don't care one way or another how he fares at meechigan.

Exactly. I have no doubt he will be better at Mich. Harbaugh is a heck of a QB coach.

There are some interesting comments on here. He seems to have the tools to get the job done. How do you guys think he'll do for us at Michigan if he starts?

With the right coach and some talent around him...he could do well! He was handicapped at Iowa by Ferentz and Davis. Hope he does well...

With the right coach and some talent around him...he could do well! He was handicapped at Iowa by Ferentz and Davis. Hope he does well...
I disagree, he is a average qb that consistently checked down because he didn't have the arm strength to throw
The ball down the field. The games I attended, he constantly would feel,pressure that wasn't there. He never would let the play develop and would ultimately end up with a check down pass to a back or WR running lateral route.
It was hard to watch.
If he ends up as your starter, you Michigan fans will be in for a long year.

I disagree, he is a average qb that consistently checked down because he didn't have the arm strength to throw
The ball down the field. The games I attended, he constantly would feel,pressure that wasn't there. He never would let the play develop and would ultimately end up with a check down pass to a back or WR running lateral route.
It was hard to watch.

I agree he has struggled here! Unless you are a coach on the team or current player it's hard to know if it was 100% him?? They have much better talent in Ann Harbor at receiver...will see. Still wish him the best and I don't think he was a good fit here.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...igan-wolverines-starting-quarterback-job-lose

I think I can win the starting job because I have the mentality to do so," Morris said during a break in the Michigan A4 Aerial Assault camp put on by Harbaugh at the University of Michigan. "Right now, it's my job to lose. Working hard, fighting off any competitors that are trying to take it away from me."

The main competition for Morris, who completed 43 of 87 passes for 389 yards in his first two seasons, likely is Iowa transfer Jake Rudock.
Of course he thinks he is #1. Realistically, Jake should be the starter, Morris has never stepped up when he had the chance before.
It was hard to watch.
Been watching a lot of Iowa film of the last two yrs. Looks like he played the game he was given by the coaching staff.

I fully expect Michigan to win 9/10 wins this year, and to beat ohio state. they suffered from poor qb play the last 2 years, and rudock will be an upgrade there. hoke didnt coach them well, but he was bringing in good players. harbaugh is well known for getting the best out of his players, at any level.

I think your right on, Mich will be good and JR may take them there! Our system was not a good fit for him and the running game was inconsistent...mainly against teams with speed on defense.

Is there anyone who didn't think Rudock would have to fight for the starting position at Michigan? I never thought he would just walk right in to it, and I don't begrudge him for taking the opportunity, either. Disrespectful? More like smart. Wish him the best.

Reactions: ichawk24
No it wont.
That will absolutely be the reason, if he succeeds. If he'd have had better WR talent at Iowa, primarily guys that could get quick separation from the DB's, he would have looked a lot better. Now, he still often couldn't see WR's that did manage to get open, but that's probably because he was shocked at what he saw.

Imo, Iowa had the better of the two O-lines last year compared to Michigan. The games I watched, Gardner was flushed, a lot. Still, he threw for 1896yds but had 15 picks to 10tds. Either he was just plain bad/rushed, or his receivers didn't get that magic separation we all talk about (or both).
I don't know much about JH's staff, if he has a guy who can make their O-line into a 9-10 win line or not, or whether his schemes will allow for that much better of separation. One would think with all the talent they supposedly have, stats would have been better.
We have a lot of questions ourselves about WRs and the O-line. Personally, I doubt that CJ will have the better of it this year. But wouldn't that be cool if he did?
Wish Jake well, hope their O-line improves enough to where he doesn't get hurt and has a decent year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT