ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock to Michigan now official

Originally posted by hawkeyesports92:

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
JR to Michigan best news short of KF's resignation. No matter what he does or doesn't do at Michigan, JR was never the best QB at Iowa. It's a shame it took the coaching staff two years longer to realize that than it did some of us stupid message board posters. And if JR wins the Wolverines' job and has a good year, it says two things that should be obvious already: the cupboard is bare in Ann Arbor, and Harbaugh is a better coach than KF. And that's all it says. I'll take CJB any day of the week, but especially on Saturdays in the fall. See what some Iowa players, and CJB himself, told The Gazette in Morehouse's story.
Link: http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/iowa-qb-news-all-over-the-place-20150401
Kirk must not have watched many of the games during the season if it took the bowl game to realize who was better. It is kind of sad he was begging CJ to stay within 24 hours of the bowl game because he finally realized who was better. That phone call might have saved KF's job.

This post was edited on 4/2 4:07 PM by hawkeyesports92
Yeah, whackjob. Kirk didn't watch many of the games. He just stood on the sidelines and stared into the stands while listening to Steely Dan on his headphones. All you do is just make stuff up, in a pathetic, absurd attempt to justify your disdain for KF.
Still don't think I'm right? Show me where anyone said KF 'begged' CJ to stay.

All I can say, Jake must be able to see who has more talent. Why else leave, if he is better, he should be able to win the job back.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Its a sad state when we all agree that he will be going to a 5-7 michigan team that will "have more talent around him".

This guy, last yr, had a 60% completion ave, 16 tds vs 5 int. I'm having trouble figuring out why he shouldn't do well for Harbaugh. Heard he doesn't go deep real well but, his record seems to show he got past that prob. Ia didn't win w him but was it his fault? Just wondering, hope his replacement does good w you guys and hope Rudock is the solution to the M prob for next yr. We aren't expecting a Brady just somebody that can throw the ball downfield to the people wearing the same uniform as he is. Be gentle w me, have a son that grad from Iowa and accordingly, they are my 2nd favorite team. M is not his second fav conf team, I'm sure.

Originally posted by candid:
This guy, last yr, had a 60% completion ave, 16 tds vs 5 int. I'm having trouble figuring out why he shouldn't do well for Harbaugh. Heard he doesn't go deep real well but, his record seems to show he got past that prob. Ia didn't win w him but was it his fault? Just wondering, hope his replacement does good w you guys and hope Rudock is the solution to the M prob for next yr. We aren't expecting a Brady just somebody that can throw the ball downfield to the people wearing the same uniform as he is. Be gentle w me, have a son that grad from Iowa and accordingly, they are my 2nd favorite team. M is not his second fav conf team, I'm sure.
I think Jake will do great a Michigan. The kid is a good qb but Ferentz when you hear "don't make a mistake" 24 hours a day it gets you playing conservative and stiff. He will be relaxed and win a lot of games for you guys.

Originally posted by delmond:
All I can say, Jake must be able to see who has more talent. Why else leave, if he is better, he should be able to win the job back.
Good point. But haven't you heard?..... Many on here think JR will be All-B1G at Michigan.

I'm not really sure what to expect, but I just have a feeling that Michigan Jake will be an improvement over Iowa Jake. It's not so much because of the supporting lineup. More on how Harbaugh will coach him.

Originally posted by HawkeyeinOmaha:
I'm not really sure what to expect, but I just have a feeling that Michigan Jake will be an improvement over Iowa Jake. It's not so much because of the supporting lineup. More on how Harbaugh will coach him.
+ 1 Million. Both Rudock and Beathard looked confused in Iowa's system. The difference probably is Beathard can get away with throwing late with his arm strength and Rudock knew he couldnt so we saw the late dump downs or sacks. Im interested to see how he plays where hes coached worth a crap and the offensive system is halfway decent.

Originally posted by EpenesaEpenesa:

Originally posted by HawkeyeinOmaha:
+ 1 Million. Both Rudock and Beathard looked confused in Iowa's system. The difference probably is Beathard can get away with throwing late with his arm strength and Rudock knew he couldnt so we saw the late dump downs or sacks. Im interested to see how he plays where hes coached worth a crap and the offensive system is halfway decent.
That's an interesting take on the situation, Epenesa. I always thought that Rudock seemed as though he was playing within the constraints of the Ferentz/Davis offense. Beathard, to me, looked as though he had more confidence in doing his own thing. I never really got the feeling that Rudock or Beathard looked confused.

Originally posted by BubsFinn:
I don't know how you can be confused in a system with one audible.
They only have one audible? Really? Was that sacrcasm? A hyperbole? Or just good ol ingnorance? It's so hard to tell on this board.
Whatever it was, I have no idea what he purpose of saying it was.

Sorry Mich fans but Jake's a bad qb. Feels like we get the better of you in everything football related. You might just want to avoid all things Iowa when it comes to football. Crazy to think that Ferentz has beat UM as much as ISU. And he's played Mich way less times.

JR is All B 10 in check downs. Good luck with him shuffling back to the sideline after yet another 3 and out.

JR is All B 10 in check downs. Good luck with him shuffling back to the sideline after yet another 3 and out.

And you're first team HR in ignorant, idiotic statements. Pretty sure you're an unanimous selection.

And you Foley -Rydell are a major Dbag., You have been and always will be. Go away with your self serving BS and stay away as you promised. You are all B10 in being a DBAG.

And you Foley -Rydell are a major Dbag., You have been and always will be. Go away with your self serving BS and stay away as you promised. You are all B10 in being a DBAG.

I'm all world at it baby, but it still doesn't change the fact that you are an idiot.

Originally posted by candid:
This guy, last yr, had a 60% completion ave, 16 tds vs 5 int. I'm having trouble figuring out why he shouldn't do well for Harbaugh. Heard he doesn't go deep real well but, his record seems to show he got past that prob. Ia didn't win w him but was it his fault?
Ever heard the saying "stats lie and liars use stats?"

I'm not saying you are a liar but the saying definitely applies to JR's stats.

I would venture a guess that 80-85% of JR's completions were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. His yardage per completion had to be silly low last year.

Take the UNI game for example, he had about an 80% completion rate on 38(?) pass attempts. Nice game right?? Well what that doesnt tell you is he only threw three pass attempts of 10 yards or more.

In the Maryland game he did not complete a pass to a WR until midway theough the 3rd quarter!

JR will frustrate the hell out of you as a fan. he will throw late, he will double cock when receivers are wide, he wont lead wide open receivers on flat /crossing routes, he doesnt see the field real well and will miss wide open receivers, he will lock onto favorite targets and if they are covered the play is done, he will eat the ball instead of throwing the ball and he will get/play rattled/panicked/happy feet if he is hit/sacked a couple times. does not enjoy contact one bit.

that being said, good luck to him in his medical career.

agreed, if a QB cant move the chains against UNI, Ball State, and 2-10 ISU, how in the world is he going to do it against Notre Dame, OSU, & MSU?? get real.

If, and this is a big big condition, but if Rudock plays better at Michigan than he did at Iowa we may be looking at the end of the KF era. That would be very hard to explain to the season ticket sales base and donor community.

Have been watching a lot of Iowa on you tube, covering 13 & 14 seasons. I'm thinking Michigan will be real happy to have Mr. Ruddock doing what Mr. Harbaugh wants him to do.

I think another frustrating thing with the whole check downs is JR had the time to throw. Both years starting he has a 1st rd pick at LT and another guy at RT who will get drafted or at very least be given a shot by some team this fall. Both seasons he did not get sacked that much at all. I'm not sure how good Michigan's Oline is and if he will have that luxury for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT