ADVERTISEMENT

Sanctions coming down on ESPN

Probably 3 or 4 seasons late. It's ok...when I miss him, I'll put a handful of marbles and a handful of gummy bears in my mouth and talk about Notre Dame.

lou-holtz-meme.jpg

My prayers have been answered. He was a disgrace at ESPN. I don't know what ND alumni was paying ESPN to keep him on, but it was annoying. I would turn the channel everytime he came on...that is how much I could not stand his pro ND dribble. ND could be at number 35 in all the polls, and Lou would put them at #15 in his poll/opinion. Made no sense. ESPN lost all credibility when he opened his mouth.

Thank God. Somebody at ESPN finally figured out it was time to sweep both Bobby Knight and Holtz out the door.

Re: I'll Miss Lou Holz

He has one thing about ESPN college football commentators do not have, he is fun to listen to and he knows football. A former assistant football coach at Iowa .

Re: Hawk TJP's comment on Bobby Knight

Watching the NIT Championship between Baylor and Iowa, Bobby Knight did the worst broadcasting I ever heard. All he talked about was the game was unimportant because it was not the NCAA Tournament. The way he talked, he acted like he was surprised the players would show up for the game. His sidekick was it Bill Rafferty or Digger Phelps, added to the senility of the broadcast.

Re: I'll Miss Lou Holz

Originally posted by Iowa Hog:
He has one thing about ESPN college football commentators do not have, he is fun to listen to and he knows football. A former assistant football coach at Iowa .
Well true, speech impediment notwithstanding, the man knows what there is to know about football. The rest of the Big Ten is fortunate the Notre Dame job opened up before he had time to make Minnesota into a major pain in the ass. And he would have.

Re: Hawk TJP's comment on Bobby Knight

Originally posted by Iowa Hog:
Watching the NIT Championship between Baylor and Iowa, Bobby Knight did the worst broadcasting I ever heard. All he talked about was the game was unimportant because it was not the NCAA Tournament. The way he talked, he acted like he was surprised the players would show up for the game. His sidekick was it Bill Rafferty or Digger Phelps, added to the senility of the broadcast.
Rafftery was his side kick and he's as worthless a broadcaster as anyone. If you really ever listen to "Raf" he says nothing of relevance. He knew nothing about us in that game and he knew very little about the Duke/Wisky player.

There is nothing of importance or relevance Bill Rafftery brings to any broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT