ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule notes: Hawks heading to Nebby

Just winging it

Gilman-Lambert
Clark-McCrystal?
Carton-Abdin
Sorensen-Sueflohn
Grothus?-Berger
Paddock-? (can't remember his name right now, a top 25 guy)
Meyer- ? (Kokesh backup)
Brooks-Dudley
Burak-?
Stoll-Jensen

Yeah I can see how Nebraska can make it a good dual.

Just winging it

Gilman-Lambert
Clark-McCrystal?
Carton-Abdin
Sorensen-Sueflohn
Grothus?-Berger
Paddock-? (can't remember his name right now, a top 25 guy)
Meyer- ? (Kokesh backup)
Brooks-Dudley
Burak-?
Stoll-Jensen

Yeah I can see how Nebraska can make it a good dual.
I think they return Austin Wilson at 165 and Aaron Studebaker at 197, also have Montoya available at 33 still too I think, no clue on 74 unless Dudley or Preston Lehmann can make it down

I think they return Austin Wilson at 165 and Aaron Studebaker at 197, also have Montoya available at 33 still too I think, no clue on 74 unless Dudley or Preston Lehmann can make it down

I thought it was Wilson, but wasn't solid if that was his name. I would think Iowa's big 5 (Gilman, Clark, Meyer, Brooks, Burak) will carry them here, and then not sure what happens at the other weights.

I thought it was Wilson, but wasn't solid if that was his name. I would think Iowa's big 5 (Gilman, Clark, Meyer, Brooks, Burak) will carry them here, and then not sure what happens at the other weights.

That Sorensen and Sueflohn match could be a good one

Reactions: partymarty
Sorensen not part of the better half of the lineup?

Reactions: whejoe
This team is a core 6. They can produce in NYC. Will need 3 of those guys in the finals. The other 3 place 3-6. Key will be grothus. He mmakes 141 and is himself. That's going to be a bad ass 141 and will catapult this team. We have to produce out of 141 between he or carton come nationals. The other 3 likely stoll, padduck and 157 Cooper if not grotus, either way.. can't be counted on.

Sorensen and Sueflohn will be a good match, but Sorensen will be favored for three reasons (the fact that I'm an Iowa fan is #4): 1. Sorensen placed 4th as a freshman, whereas Sueflohn is a 3x qualifier and 0x AA. Sueflohn can't seem to beat guys in the top 5. 2. Sorensen has greater potential for improvement given his age. Sueflohn has improved from #10 to #9 to #6 seed, but it's unlikely given his career trajectory that he's going to shoot to #1 in his final year. 3. Sueflohn is coming off a season-ending injury. Is he going to be better, the same, or maybe even half a step worse than he was in 2014? Psychologically, a guy who's a 0x AA going into his final season may have his sights set on being an AA. Sorensen, who's already achieved that goal, has his sights firmly set on being a NC. (Okay, that's my bias as an Iowa fan, which is why it's #4.) My money's on Sorensen.

Micah Barnes will be at 174 and Studebaker/White at 197 unless the upper weights have a big shake up with the arrival of the Lehmann brothers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT