ADVERTISEMENT

Sebastian Castro

I have a feeling he’s going to go down as one the most under appreciated players of the KF era.
Yeah I don't think so. Anyone who knows anything knows who he is. Dude was smart (as were others) in coming back and letting the year of offensive NFL draft take place. If Castro has a good year this year, I can see him going early second round. He is kind of like Cooper, in that he could fit a couple different positions and he hits like a rock. (last year I said he should be up for the hit man award)

Yeah I don't think so. Anyone who knows anything knows who he is. Dude was smart (as were others) in coming back and letting the year of offensive NFL draft take place. If Castro has a good year this year, I can see him going early second round. He is kind of like Cooper, in that he could fit a couple different positions and he hits like a rock. (last year I said he should be up for the hit man award)
He definitely brings the wood. Viagara would be a good nickname?

castro is as valuable a defensive player as sanders was or more recently cooper. iowa fans know this but that said his contributions have somewhat flown under the radar. this year though he’ll have to handle a lot more fanfare, hope he’s up for it.

There’s a reason Sanders gets brought up 20 years later. We haven’t had a single player that was basically everywhere and was just a bad dude on the field.

I have a feeling he’s going to go down as one the most under appreciated players of the KF era.

Not sure about that.

2023 Honors:

Pro Football Focus 1st-Team All-American
Associated Press 3rd-team All-American
Phil Steele Honorable Mention All-American

2nd-team All-B1G
by league media & honorable mention All-B1G by league coaches

Phil Steele 2nd-team All-Big Ten

Associated Press Midseason 2nd-team All-American

B1G Defensive Player of the Week (9/11) following Iowa’s 20-13 win at Iowa State

Team Hustle Award, Defense

Castro will win the B1G Defensive Back of the Year this year.

Iowa has won 6 of the 13 awarded. Castro can make it an even 50%.

Tatum–Woodson Defensive Back of the Year[edit]​

Award started in 2011, named in honor of Ohio State's Jack Tatum and Purdue's Rod Woodson.

Hell, our entire D backfield should be the 1st team players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT