ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP (3 or 4 times before) Juan Harris commits...again

Curt Furence

HR MVP
Sep 30, 2014
For how long this time? Who knows. Honestly, I hope this young man makes a decision and sticks to it.

Blair tweeted it out earlier.

I think Harris tweeted a message out about it but his Twitter is private so I am not sure.

groundhog-day-o.gif

Don't even put his name down in pencil. More like invisible pen

Why all of the hate. Every team would love to have him. All you can do is hope the young man makes the right decision in the end. Easy to understand the back and forth changes. If he grew up a Hawkeye fan, then you might expect his commitment to be solid as a rock. I don't think that is the case here. If he, at the end of the day, picks Iowa, good for him. Hopefully that is what is best for him. Iowa has put quite a few defensive linemen into the NFL. Can't be a bad choice for him, if he puts in the time and effort. Best of Luck to him, where ever he ends up. Some of you posters need to stop being so snippy.

I love it. He realizes the same thing others are beginning to realize, being a Hawkeye is the best thing in the world. Welcome aboard, to stay this time.

Or maybe he is making the most important decision of his life and wants to be sure about it...

Hey Im all for it. I think he can be a dominant DT if he works through Doyles Strength and Conditioning system. With Recruiting, as a fan you cannot let yourself get too high with the highs and too low with the lows. He might flip again, but Im happy to have him as a part of the 2017 class right now.

I can certainly see the path this kid has taken.

he's not from here he is young and impressionable. He got ahead of himself and was excited to commit. Then the big boys started calling and likely wanted to experience the recruiting cycle. I know I would. After a while the excitement of it wears off and you want to just commit.

Put yourself in his shoes. Everyone wants him. He lives here so it seems natural. But just look at this board and the idiots on it. the negativity and questioning of everything. That alone would Have made me go ahead and look at all options.

I am sure the recent flurry of recruits helped.

Reactions: bouma1415
What schools did he visit? Are we talking MAC schools, or did he visit blue bloods? Did he go to OSU/scUM/MSU?

Seth Wallace normally tweets out that there is news when Iowa receives a commitment. So far nothing has come out today. If nothing comes out later I'll take that as a sign of how seriously the staff is taking this commitment. You would think if he is visiting this weekend they would want to look him in the eyes and not do it over the phone.

Another thing that hasn't been called out is his claim of visiting 21 schools this summer. School has been out for 25 days. He is basically a ward of his coach. None of those visits would be paid for and you are talking about $1,000s in travel expenses. What 21 schools are looking at him and making time for his visits? Everything that Juan Harris says has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I know. I was trying to type like he writes. Mean or not. That is quite sad for someone that is around 16-17 years old.
First, he did not write it, he typed it. Second, one should not start a sentence with the word that. Third, you should layoff, unless you had (have) perfect grammar when you were a teenager.

Reactions: icu81222
First, he did not write it, he typed it. Second, one should not start a sentence with the word that. Third, you should layoff, unless you had (have) perfect grammar when you were a teenager.

Amen. So he's not going to be a Rhodes scholar, big fat hairy deal. I know people with college degrees (both baccalaureate and advanced) with worse grammatical skills than Harris.

Thanks for the corrections.

If this kid had verballed to the Clowns for the 3rd time and typed/wrote/whatever... that statement, the earned jokes on here would endless. He claims an offer from Vanderbilt. He claims he visited 21 schools. If you want to believe him based on what is currently known, fine.

What schools did he visit? Are we talking MAC schools, or did he visit blue bloods? Did he go to OSU/scUM/MSU?

I do not think he visited them but at one point he named his favorites as Alabama, Oregon and Ohio State. I don't believe I have see any of them listed as having offered either.

He obviously has an impressive offer list so far and more will jump in over time, but I think the coaches had to at some point said listen, don't announce it unless you are sure.

Grammar is for the people that don't get it done on the football field. If he gives us ten sacks and stuffs the run I will learn his language. Plus, my grammar sucks, so I'm not going to judge.

For how long this time? Who knows. Honestly, I hope this young man makes a decision and sticks to it.
They say that if you say or write something 7 times it will stick in your mind. I will believe he sticks as a Hawk after he commits the 7th time (maybe).

I read somewhere that Texas offered Juan. I assume that he will have plenty of teams after him.

Seth Wallace normally tweets out that there is news when Iowa receives a commitment. So far nothing has come out today. If nothing comes out later I'll take that as a sign of how seriously the staff is taking this commitment. You would think if he is visiting this weekend they would want to look him in the eyes and not do it over the phone.

Another thing that hasn't been called out is his claim of visiting 21 schools this summer. School has been out for 25 days. He is basically a ward of his coach. None of those visits would be paid for and you are talking about $1,000s in travel expenses. What 21 schools are looking at him and making time for his visits? Everything that Juan Harris says has to be taken with a grain of salt.

He didn't do a tweet for the other 17' recruit either

He didn't do a tweet for the other 17' recruit either

Because technically they can't. They aren't even suppose to have contact with a kid until sept. of their junior year, so these 'offers' to sophomores are usually 'backdoored' thu the HS coach and it is usually stated that they have a scholarship 'waiting for them' but they technically can't offer yet. So the colleges can't really speak about the recruit at all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT