ADVERTISEMENT

Slick Willie is Clueless but....

taketop

Team MVP
Apr 12, 2013
There's no way Hall is anything but a Buckeye!!!!!! Wille also said, White was an academic non qualifier, what does this mean? I heard the same thing about the Bey kid? Is it that hard with todays resources, coaches, parents, and what's a stake for these young men to meet the NCAA academic qualification standards? What are the NCAA DI Standards and how is White having problems?

Why do you think he's a Buckeye? Source?
Buckeyes are hot, Snyder, NCAA & World potential success, RTC & OTC connections/opportunities, workout partners, close to home and family in Michigan (big deal with mom in Michigan). Mark it down Marks going to be a Buckeye. Why do you think Tom Ryan had his entire team at the OTC this past week. I hate to see it and say it and I wish him the best as he's a true class act on and off the mat.

We have an active thread on this very subject so why did we start a new one?

NCAA academic standards for freshmen are set very low.

Buckeyes are hot, Snyder, NCAA & World potential success, RTC & OTC connections/opportunities, workout partners, close to home and family in Michigan (big deal with mom in Michigan). Mark it down Marks going to be a Buckeye. Why do you think Tom Ryan had his entire team at the OTC this past week. I hate to see it and say it and I wish him the best as he's a true class act on and off the mat.
I live in Grand Rapids, MI and Columbus is only about a 30 minute shorter drive than Iowa City

That wouldn't shock me - nor would the Huskers. My team (PSU) needs lightweights, so Hall's a luxury for us. That said, you've got to recruit him.

There's no way Hall is anything but a Buckeye!!!!!! Wille also said, White was an academic non qualifier, what does this mean? I heard the same thing about the Bey kid? Is it that hard with todays resources, coaches, parents, and what's a stake for these young men to meet the NCAA academic qualification standards? What are the NCAA DI Standards and how is White having problems?

Not a chance. Hall won't want to wait behind Jordan who will be a 174 pounder by the time Hall is in college. Hall wants to be a 4 year starter. He wouldn't be at Ohio State.

Not a chance. Hall won't want to wait behind Jordan who will be a 174 pounder by the time Hall is in college. Hall wants to be a 4 year starter. He wouldn't be at Ohio State.
Jordan going 174 is not in stone. There's also a possibility that Hall grey shirts next year 2016-2017 and trains between the RTC and OTC, this with a red year shirt gives him his four years. Both Jordan's and Hall will be in the line up, Tom Ryan has a plan. They also have very very good shot at Spencer Lee with tOSU less than 4 hours from his family and friends. Penn State is the front runner for Lee but tOSU has a great shot depending how things shake out with this years class.

Jordan going 174 is not in stone. There's also a possibility that Hall grey shirts next year 2016-2017 and trains between the RTC and OTC, this with a red year shirt gives him his four years. Both Jordan's and Hall will be in the line up, Tom Ryan has a plan. They also have very very good shot at Spencer Lee with tOSU less than 4 hours from his family and friends. Penn State is the front runner for Lee but tOSU has a great shot depending how things shake out with this years class.

Wow. Amazing. I can't believe it. Are you sure Jordan Burroughs couldn't swing another year of eligibility and be a Buckeye too.

Dammit! Tom Ryan after all these years now has a plan? Well, I hope Brands finds this out and comes up with a plan too.

There's also a possibility that Hall, Lee and Suriano all become Hawkeyes, and they'll possibly help to recruit Brett Metcalf's kids down the road. That is if they don't get beat out and possibly transfer. All sorts of possibilities it appears. :D

Wow. Amazing. I can't believe it. Are you sure Jordan Burroughs couldn't swing another year of eligibility and be a Buckeye too.
Nothing amazing about it, Gabe Dean grey shirted, red shirted then beat Ruth as a freshmen in reality he had two years post high school training.

Or, he comes to Iowa City, Meyer and Brooks move up and he starts as a True Freshman. Bo Jordan was HUGE last year at 165. He isn't going to get smaller. He will be at 174 before he graduates. If Dieringer stays at 165 I would bet it will be this year.

Reactions: Knight563
And Hall has no intentions of delaying his college career. He is already thinking beyond it. No years off and obviously no place on the bench. I believe it is down to Nebraska and Iowa. Huskers would win out if not for Metcalf and our coaches.

Willie playing the victim on the radio again, ripping on this message board. Guy is so FOS.

Willie spent 11 minutes crying about random moron, idiot nobody posters on Hawkeyereport, which he hates and thinks is a dumpster fire.
Haha! He must think he is somebody special. He sure has thin skin. After all of the controversial drama filled things linked to Iowa wrestlers on Flo and said by Willie over the years, you would think he would let the negative feedback go. He laughed at Terry Brands from a few feet away and didn't understand why Terry got upset. If Willie wanted this drama to end with some Iowa fans he sure didn't help himself with his podcast. There is absolutely nothing professional how he went about name calling random posters on this "dumpster fire" website. He just keeps digging deeper..

I didn't hear the webcast, but I'm confused about the suggestion that White or Bey might be academic non-qualifiers. They are starting their senior year. If they need to get a few credits or to bump up a GPA, there's still a year to go, plus summer school. Isn't it premature to reach this conclusion?

Willie spent 11 minutes crying about random moron, idiot nobody posters on Hawkeyereport, which he hates and thinks is a dumpster fire.
Haha! He must think he is somebody special. He sure has thin skin. After all of the controversial drama filled things linked to Iowa wrestlers on Flo and said by Willie over the years, you would think he would let the negative feedback go. He laughed at Terry Brands from a few feet away and didn't understand why Terry got upset. If Willie wanted this drama to end with some Iowa fans he sure didn't help himself with his podcast. There is absolutely nothing professional how he went about name calling random posters on this "dumpster fire" website. He just keeps digging deeper..

He conveniently doesn't mention when Tony Ramos called him out on twitter for his crap.

Key phrase bolded. Clearly he doesn't want it to end. He knows exactly how to get everyone talking about him and listening to Flo during the offseason lull.

From an outsiders perspective, willie isn't the only thin skinned one. Many on this board overeact to anything that isn't pro Iowa that Is said by Willie or done by Flo. Just cuz something isn't pro Iowa, doesn't necessarily qualify it as anti Iowa. Posters tell willie to let it go and move on, but many could learn from their own advice. Both sides could benefit from the other if a common ground was met. Like I said just an outsiders view on the situation. Carry on

From an outsiders perspective, willie isn't the only thin skinned one. Many on this board overeact to anything that isn't pro Iowa that Is said by Willie or done by Flo. Just cuz something isn't pro Iowa, doesn't necessarily qualify it as anti Iowa. Posters tell willie to let it go and move on, but many could learn from their own advice. Both sides could benefit from the other if a common ground was met. Like I said just an outsiders view on the situation. Carry on
Spot on

Our fans are among the thinnest skinned around. The constant whining about lack of respect and lashing out at anyone that dare be negative about Iowa is the most annoying part of being an Iowa fan. Certain media members play off this and though a member of the media trolling is pathetic I kind of get it. Willie is a flat out moron, of course.

I am sure that I am one of the guys fat lil Willie is mouthing about. I will give him the chance to bump his gums at the next meet that I see him at. I will introduce myself and we'll see if he has the stones to call names in person.

People on here say that our thin skin is getting old. To me, a member of the media for the biggest wrestling site in the world bad mouthing what I consider the greatest wrestling team of all time gets old. He takes shots at Iowa every time he gets a chance. Terry should have tied his a$$ in a pretzel and maybe he would shut his mouth.

Out of curiousity, what has he specifically said that is "bad mouthing" the Hawkeyes?

What did he say to make Terry mad?

He laughed at Terry for questioning the ref in one of Dennis' matches I believe. He was a short distance away from Terry and as soon as Terry said something he started his patented Willie back pedal.

Out of curiousity, what has he specifically said that is "bad mouthing" the Hawkeyes?

I am not going to go back and look up the specific things he has said. I personally have watched him in Oklahoma City acting like a child when Iowa lost a match. He couldn't have been happier. I don't really care that he hates Iowa but he denies it and all the proof is there if you care to look. It would be different if he was just a fan.

One specific thing was the Askren video bashing Iowa fans. Willie was the one that posted it on Flo and their other guys said they didn't think that it should be posted. That is really a drop in the bucket though.

Key phrase bolded. Clearly he doesn't want it to end. He knows exactly how to get everyone talking about him and listening to Flo during the offseason lull.

Not sure I agree with this logic. No amount of juvenile behavior by a Flo employee will get me subscribing or watching any more, and I'm sure that applies to many other Iowa fans. Some of us may watch and/or subscribe for certain webcasts, etc., but I highly doubt that one of their employees acting like a fool will increase traffic to their site. It may reduce it some, but I highly doubt that it increases it. I think Iowa fans will use the site on its own merit, regardless of the stupid, unprofessional things any given Flo employee may say and/or do.

Reactions: sloehawk
The only thing I have to say in regards to Willie is Toughen up. This is the internet, I can show you thousands upon thousands of things on different message boards that would make you cringe, HR is a nice slice of fairytale land compared to the deepest darkest corners of the internet. Like... for real, the pussification of society continues... "No .. nooooo, please don't voice your opinion (no matter how wrong or right it is) on a message board! We have to be sensitive to everyone!" That is unfortunately the direction the world is headed right now, and its implanting itself everywhere.

My approach, and I'm sure many of the more levelheaded folks approach as well, see something you don't like? Insulting? blablabla? .... Who cares..? Someone called me out on a message board?? ..... Who cares? Just seriously.. toughen up.

Oh no, you saw a high school kid getting badmouthed on a wrestling forum? Well, chances are hes tougher and probably doesn't care as much as the person going off on a tangent about the HR 'dumpster fire'.

I expect some good news before the week is up... I expect at least one big name to announce, maybe two. Tom and Ryan have been putting in double OT.

Gobblin, thank you for getting this thread back on track. I am hoping for some good news this week and in the weeks to follow.

Reactions: FanOHawk
The only thing I have to say in regards to Willie is Toughen up. This is the internet, I can show you thousands upon thousands of things on different message boards that would make you cringe, HR is a nice slice of fairytale land compared to the deepest darkest corners of the internet. Like... for real, the pussification of society continues... "No .. nooooo, please don't voice your opinion (no matter how wrong or right it is) on a message board! We have to be sensitive to everyone!" That is unfortunately the direction the world is headed right now, and its implanting itself everywhere.

My approach, and I'm sure many of the more levelheaded folks approach as well, see something you don't like? Insulting? blablabla? .... Who cares..? Someone called me out on a message board?? ..... Who cares? Just seriously.. toughen up.

Oh no, you saw a high school kid getting badmouthed on a wrestling forum? Well, chances are hes tougher and probably doesn't care as much as the person going off on a tangent about the HR 'dumpster fire'.

I agree. Willie who?

Reactions: FanOHawk
ADVERTISEMENT