ADVERTISEMENT

Slick Willie is Clueless but....

I expect some good news before the week is up... I expect at least one big name to announce, maybe two. Tom and Ryan have been putting in double OT.

And Gobblin comes in with the big save. Gracias Señor.

QUOTE="Knight563, post: 459915, member: 14052"]Gobblin I loved your Twitter back and forth with Willie too. Great stuff![/QUOTE]Who doesn't love Twitter! Best damn licorice I've ever had........:D

One specific thing was the Askren video bashing Iowa fans. Willie was the one that posted it on Flo and their other guys said they didn't think that it should be posted. That is really a drop in the bucket though.

You literally just made that up. 100000% untrue. We both fought our bosses to not put it up actually. Like most fights with bosses we lost.

Makes me wonder how much stuff you completely fabricate on here. The joys of being nameless I suppose.

Thi
You literally just made that up. 100000% untrue. We both fought our bosses to not put it up actually. Like most fights with bosses we lost.

Makes me wonder how much stuff you completely fabricate on here. The joys of being nameless I suppose.
This is getting out of hand. Bad for the sport. I'm an Iowa fan but I respect all other teams and love rivalries. Without them no sport would be fun.

Wish we could delete this whole thread. Just getting embarrassing when media guys are jumping on the board complaining and defending coworkers all at the same time we're bit&hing about nonsense aka Willie. Let's move on and get our recruits and let our love for the Hawks and support for our present wrestlers and future recruits speak volumes.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Wish we could delete this whole thread. Just getting embarrassing when media guys are jumping on the board complaining and defending coworkers all at the same time we're bit&hing about nonsense aka Willie. Let's move on and get our recruits and let our love for the Hawks and support for our present wrestlers and future recruits speak volumes.

Who complained? I pointed out a complete and total lie. It's not even defending him. It's pointing out a complete fabrication of reality.

The reality is CP that if you didn't want negative feedback, then don't have a podcast trashing one of the best college wrestling boards available. Spending 10 plus mins calling people on here morans, idiots and the website a dumpsterfire. That is just amateur and unprofessional!

You guys keep mentioning "anonymous posters". Most people don't use their real names as handles. It's just not how it works. You and Willie however are representing Flowrestling. You put yourselves out there. I will walk right up to you guys at nationals next year and talk to you in person. I would say hey I think Flowrestling is good for the the promotion of the sport but the history of ths website has shown some unprofessional stir the pot, melodramatic comments/feedback from Willie. Terry Brands, Ramos, several Hawkeye fans have questioned Willie's antics. He dismisses everything like he did nothing wrong.

Willie especially has not handled this professionally. If you guys have such an issue with Hawkeyereport then stay off it. After all the posters here are just nobodies right?

Christian, I have been a flow subscriber for the past 4 years or so and I've been a dedicated Hawkeye fan since I was a kid. I love flo as it helps me see kids that I wouldn't normally get to see. Being a Hawk fan from so cal its pretty impossible for me to watch top recruits like Suriano, Lee, yates etc. without flo's coverage.

Hawk fans are extremely passionate about our team and defend our brand against all comers. Willie has made some anti-Iowa comments in the past and there has been some anti-Iowa content on Flo. Willie is from Easton PA, so obviously not a Hawk fan. I'm sure he doesn't really hate Iowa, but when Iowa is wrestling Penn St, he's probably not hoping Iowa wins. I for one wouldn't expect someone from PA to be an Iowa fan, but based on some of the comments made in the past, Iowa fans are going to be hyper-sensitive. Willie picking all the top recruits to sign with programs other than Iowa, didn't get Iowa fans feeling warm and fuzzy about him either. Have you noticed that rarely (if ever) do posters on this board take shots at you or Bader or any of the other Flo staffers? That's because the rest of you (if you have biases) keep them to yourselves and report like responsible journalists. I think you and Bader do a fantastic job with play-by-play and I enjoy your interviews with the athletes. I think Willie and flo do a great job with the rankings and the video content is second to none. BTW Sometimes when you're making a point things like details and truth can get in the way! So give Weh8st8 and us nameless mouth breathers a break!:D My name is Jeff from Whittier (Aaron Pico town) CA.btw.

Go HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, I know Iowa fans can sometimes be a bit overbearing. We defend our colors, and sometimes we bear our teeth a little to quickly. But you know what's way worse than impassioned fans who overreact from time to time? Silent fans, passive fans, or fans who just don't care. So if that's what you want, than don't come around here no more. Rather than counter arguing with your listeners (your customers), you would have been way better off just approaching this whole thing like a pro by either not addressing it on air or just owning up to maybe a little anti hawkeye vibe over there at Flo. That would have gone a lot further than continuing to alienate our fan base.

Willie's skin may be a little thin here, but he does have a point about guys making stuff up and misinterpreting things. You point stuff out to them and they just spin it a different - and illogical - way. WEH8ST8 is a great example:

His issues - and he's got issues - with him are that 1) he posted the Askren rant. This has now been refuted by Willie AND CP, and it was pretty ridiculous that anybody got enraged with FLO over this anyway. 2) the way he reacted when Gilman lost. The whole f'in arena practically reacted that way - it was an unseeded wrestler with a wildly dominating and unexpected upset that had major team implications. I'm sure it was even more unsettling to Iowa fans with the proximity of the OSU fans to them. And Willie grew up about 5 minutes away from Moisey - he would have been going crazy if the opponent was Tomasello or Waters or even Megaludis. The D11 bonds are very strong. Now to an unbiased observer it seems like much ado about nothing. But WEH8ST8 feels so strongly about it that I've seen him post multiple times about "hating" Willie, calling him a troll, making fun of his appearance, etc. Pretty childish stuff.

There are a couple of guys over here that are tough to deal with - I'm sure even a lot of HR regulars can admit that. There is a lot of great stuff here but a couple of potholes.

Last edited:
Diceman feels the need to come here and defend Willie just like his pothole pal Amalone. We get it Diceman Willie recruits for Penn state. He is from Pennsylvania What's not to like from your prospective?

Diceman feels the need to come here and defend Willie just like his pothole pal Amalone. We get it Diceman Willie recruits for Penn state. He is from Pennsylvania What's not to like from your prospective?

Do you really think that Willie recruits for PSU? Serious question. Based on your posting history, I probably already know the answer, but WTH I'll throw it out there because I would like to see what you have to say about the two items I brought up in my post that you conveniently failed to address. But I'm not holding out much hope for a rational discussion with you.

Last edited:
Diceman you didn't mention anything about Ramos's tweet, Terry Brands, The Flo podcast ripping HR etc. You hand picked through your points of interest trying to make some Iowa fans here look bad. You are late to the party. Might aswell just stay out of Dicey. Due to your posting history I will just tell you to go away now. Unless of course you are just looking to argue with Iowa fans again to pass the time since BWI is pretty stagnant right now.

Ramos tweet and The Flo podcast are all part n parcel of what I just posted. Willie started ripping some members of the HR who were ripping him. That's not to hard to follow is it? The Terry Brands thing? LOL, I'm sure 3/4 of your own fan base has had a good chuckle at Terry at times over the years. C'mon, seriously, I'm sure Terry himself has a chuckle at himself at times. That's not an Iowa thing, nor is it a malicious thing. He is entertaining some times, and I don't mean that in a bad or demeaning way. Everyone enjoys a good rant/stomp/wildman look at times.

I have posted in defense of Willie from time to time. Everybody knows I'm pro Flo. However, one has to wonder how much of this he invites because it's a recurring theme throughout the years.

We have those type of dudes. Every board does. However, Willie always seems to take the time to call HR out for doing "HR things". A few fans don't speak for us all.

While he may not recruit for PSU, he sure doesn't do Iowa any favors considering how much he cultivates relationships with high school guys. So yea...people aren't going to like you Willie. Your words will be misrepresented. It comes with the job and your microphone.

I really don't understand all this about the recruiting and Willie. First of all, if he was recruiting for anyone, it would most likely be Lehigh. Secondly, there is no way that Willie Saylor has had a direct impact on the college choices of any wrestling recruits. Just no way. How do you guys think these kids make these decisions anyway? Do you also feel like CP or Jason Bryant has an impact on kids choosing Virginia schools to go wrestle at?

There are lots of things you don't understand Diceman. We will give you a small break since you are a PSU fan.

Reactions: Knight563
I really don't understand all this about the recruiting and Willie. First of all, if he was recruiting for anyone, it would most likely be Lehigh. Secondly, there is no way that Willie Saylor has had a direct impact on the college choices of any wrestling recruits. Just no way. How do you guys think these kids make these decisions anyway? Do you also feel like CP or Jason Bryant has an impact on kids choosing Virginia schools to go wrestle at?

I agree Diceman - didn't Willie advise Fredy Stroker to go to Iowa.

I have posted in defense of Willie from time to time. Everybody knows I'm pro Flo. However, one has to wonder how much of this he invites because it's a recurring theme throughout the years.

We have those type of dudes. Every board does. However, Willie always seems to take the time to call HR out for doing "HR things". A few fans don't speak for us all.

I agree with this. Willie has too much of a thin skin and shouldn't even address this. And every board has these types of posters. As I've posted before HR probably has more of them than others because it is an active board. My point is that just because he shouldn't address it, doesn't mean he doesn't have a point. To think there is some kind of anti-Iowa agenda or conspiracy going on at FLO is Mel Gibson-esque.

Last edited:
I agree Diceman - didn't Willie advise Fredy Stroker to go to Iowa.

So your point is that Fredy Stroker went to Minnesota because of Willie Saylor? If that is your contention, would you also concede that you are probably better off not getting a recruit that makes a decision based on this?

Cael and Cody made an inhome to Stroker and went after him pretty hard. Given that Fredy grew up wrestling in PA, I'd say that Willie didn't pull his weight for the B&W in this instance. He must be saving his energy for Spencer.

Reactions: papride1
And FWIW I never fabricated anything. The thing about Willie and recruiting for Penn State was written on BWI recently by somebody not named Wildturkey.. Look it up. BWI seems to be the board of choice for Willie. PSU fans love them some smalls over there. It only makes sense!

This is getting good...

Fredy and Willie are so tight that Intermat broke his recruiting decision. Add Wild Turk to the complete fabricators list.

Actually, this is sarcasm. But fabrication is fun too.

And FWIW I never fabricated anything. The thing about Willie and recruiting for Penn State was written on BWI recently by somebody not named Wildturkey.. Look it up. BWI seems to be the board of choice for Willie. PSU fans love them some smalls over there. It only makes sense!
That was a joke by one of our posters - playing off recruiting accusations posted here.

Willie comes from one of the epicenters of Notre Dame subway alums - Northeast Pa. Good thing the Golden Domers no longer have a team. :cool:

All in all, I think all of us just want some recruits to verbal, dammit! This wait is driving all of us nuts.

I guess my gripe with Willie is, as a supposed media professional covering wrestling, it seems inappropriate for him to be attacking one school, as he seems to have done. That kind of stuff is expected from fans and message board posters, but the guys reporting should stay above the mudballing. Jason Bryant, Mike Finn and others are professionals in that regard...Willie is not.

I occasionally have subscribed to FLO, just to see certain events, and think they do important things for wrestling. But in all honesty, I think Willie is unprofessional, and should be fired.

All I know is that Willie Saylors name was on the side getting credit for the post. If that doesn't mean that he posted it then I am wrong. I also heard you I believe, on another podcast, say that you didn't think that the Askren video should be posted. It may have been you posting on here that you were against it but I can't remember for sure.

As far as you saying that I am fabricating anything, you can GFY Christian. I have never said 1 bad word about you because I feel you are fair and unbiased.

Willie's skin may be a little thin here, but he does have a point about guys making stuff up and misinterpreting things. You point stuff out to them and they just spin it a different - and illogical - way. WEH8ST8 is a great example:

His issues - and he's got issues - with him are that 1) he posted the Askren rant. This has now been refuted by Willie AND CP, and it was pretty ridiculous that anybody got enraged with FLO over this anyway. 2) the way he reacted when Gilman lost. The whole f'in arena practically reacted that way - it was an unseeded wrestler with a wildly dominating and unexpected upset that had major team implications. I'm sure it was even more unsettling to Iowa fans with the proximity of the OSU fans to them. And Willie grew up about 5 minutes away from Moisey - he would have been going crazy if the opponent was Tomasello or Waters or even Megaludis. The D11 bonds are very strong. Now to an unbiased observer it seems like much ado about nothing. But WEH8ST8 feels so strongly about it that I've seen him post multiple times about "hating" Willie, calling him a troll, making fun of his appearance, etc. Pretty childish stuff.

There are a couple of guys over here that are tough to deal with - I'm sure even a lot of HR regulars can admit that. There is a lot of great stuff here but a couple of potholes.

1. Just to be real clear diceman Willies name was on the video, go back and look for yourself.
2. Willie acting all giddy in OKLAHOMA CITY had nothing to do with Gilman losing to Moisey because that happened in St Louis a year later. So do me a favor and shut your mouth because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

All I know is that Willie Saylors name was on the side getting credit for the post. If that doesn't mean that he posted it then I am wrong. I also heard you I believe, on another podcast, say that you didn't think that the Askren video should be posted. It may have been you posting on here that you were against it but I can't remember for sure.

As far as you saying that I am fabricating anything, you can GFY Christian. I have never said 1 bad word about you because I feel you are fair and unbiased.

My favorite part of this post is where you tell CP to go f**k himself and then one sentence later you say you have never said a bad word about him. What an interesting little paragraph.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT