ADVERTISEMENT

Softball Transfers

SynergyHawk12

Scout Team
Jul 8, 2014
Dallas TX
Looks like the Hawks picked up two softball transfers. A pitcher from TN-Martin and a middle infielder from a community college. With two incoming freshman and a transfer pitcher I wonder if this means Yoways will go back to the middle infield instead of pitch.

also is adam still an assistant at iowa for the softball team. he isn't listed anymore on the coaching staff roster on hawkeyesports.com.

Would think if an opportunity opened for him with the Meatchickens, it would be tough to turn down.

18 returning players and 5 newcomers...will we go into next season with a roster of 23? Seems unlikely. But sure looks like we added pitching and replaced Blank (to the extent reasonably possible anyway), so add those things to the good BT tournament showing and there's something to build on.

Returning players only hit .237 last season. Not a lot to build on offensively.

Looks like a good hire. ...if he stays put.

The guy has been a head coach nearly his entire career. That can be really good and it can be bad too.

He is a Minnesota native it appears. So he is closer to home but he spent a lot of his career in the south. That also can be good, and can also not be that great of a thing.

Maybe Barta has his next head softball coach in waiting now.

Of course if you fire someone that squats to pee nowadays, you are in for a lawsuit

Adam left the program. And not because he didn't like it. I am not going to get into his personal business, but he left on good terms and on his own accord due to personal choice. I wish he was still around. Really good guy! He will land somewhere in Michigan where he is from. I had not seen Looper hire any assistance but Jake Schumann would be a good hire. I hope the Hawks get it going this year.

Drmac,

Adam went back to Alabama @ the Schumann hire is 100%. A HUGE hire for the program.

Crankermo, just heard that. I had not talked to him since June but I was under the impression talking too him he had planned on going back to Michigan, but things changed and probley for the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT