ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee Wedding - Inside Carver or Outside Carver?

Center Mat or Gable Statue for Exchange of Vows?

• Center Mat inside Carver Hawkeye

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Dan Gable Statue outside Carver Hawkeye

Votes: 26 57.8%

• Total voters

sloehawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
With the rumors of future Hawkeye Spencer Lee and his impending nuptials, I was curious as to what you fella's thought about where the actual ceremony should take place. Essentially, do you think Center Mat inside or Bride and Groom to the left and right of Gable statue outside?

In addition, would it be financially prudent for young struggling college kids to include a double ceremony with future Hawkeye Mark Hall and his beloved?

Thanks in advance for your carefully thought out responses to this delicate matter.;)

With the rumors of future Hawkeye Spencer Lee and his impending nuptials, I was curious as to what you fella's thought about where the actual ceremony should take place. Essentially, do you think Center Mat inside or Bride and Groom to the left and right of Gable statue outside?

In addition, would it be financially prudent for young struggling college kids to include a double ceremony with future Hawkeye Mark Hall and his beloved?

Thanks in advance for your carefully thought out responses to this delicate matter.;)

I wonder where they are registered...ASICS or Cliff Keen? Oh yea....Gable Statue no doubt. We'll even let Flo in for video.

I wonder where they are registered...ASICS or Cliff Keen? Oh yea....Gable Statue no doubt. We'll even let Flo in for video.
Don't forget to cast your vote. I only see 1 for the Gable statue (almost brings a tear to the eye), which I chose as well.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Azchief32
Too many Spencer Lee threads. No more. Well, hopefully only one more, when actually providing a story.

FloPro or can non subscribers see it live? I am worried about the stream buffering. Flo botched the Prince William-Kate Middleton wedding. I had to watch it 2 weeks later on YouTube.

I assume Tim Johnson will be in the DJ booth?

FloPro or can non subscribers see it live? I am worried about the stream buffering. Flo botched the Prince William-Kate Middleton wedding. I had to watch it 2 weeks later on YouTube.

I assume Tim Johnson will be in the DJ booth?

I think you need to have Ironside in the DJ booth complaining about the officiating.

Ground control to Major Tom...............................................

I agree Ironside should be calling the action but we do not need fancy pea green suit with yellow shoes Mike Allen officiating. Why would you do that when you could get an all time Iowa great like Chuck Yagla in stripes to officate?

Ah, normally it would be the groom stalling, but this IS Spencer Lee we're talking about here.

Reactions: sloehawk
Returning home from work, and I see you boys have done well today! Bravo! Some real "dandies" in the yuckster department as well. I love it.

So far it appears the Gable statue outside has the nod at about 61%. My preference as well. Mike Allen officiating, I like it.

Oy vey! This thread snared a lunker from TheMat board - the famous/infamous TBar1977 whose Penn State fandom knows no rational boundaries. He tries to backtrack, but I think he thought this was a serious thread.

Where's my face palm emoticon, dammit!

I'm still not sure if he posts on our Rivals and Scout boards. He drinks the Blue and White Koolaid by the barrel - nay, by the industrial sized vat.

http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/10307-hawk-report-goes-all-in-for-spencer-lee/#entry170990

Oy vey! This thread snared a lunker from TheMat board - the famous/infamous TBar1977 whose Penn State fandom knows no rational boundaries. He tries to backtrack, but I think he thought this was a serious thread.

I'm still not sure if he posts on our Rivals and Scout boards. He drinks the Blue and White Koolaid by the barrel - nay, by the industrial sized vat.

http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/10307-hawk-report-goes-all-in-for-spencer-lee/#entry170990
I knew there would be those that would try to their damndest not to let reality get in the way of a good story (TBar for instance - they just can't help themselves - those where logic and common sense don't cross paths at any point in time).

You'll always snare a few....................not my intent, but probably inevitable. It is the World Wide Web after all, and Al Gore didn't make anyone pass a test to use his invention..................;)

I say have it at the Gable statue and then when the priest or pastor or whatever asks for the ring, Gable's hand opens up and the ring dangles down on a string. Lee then takes it off and gives it to his bride.

Reactions: Sandor45
Gable statue for sure IMHO.
Sandy Stevens as the wedding singer?

This might be pushing it but I'm sure some fabric could be added to some headgear to produce a beautiful veil for the bride.

Reactions: sloehawk

Haha...Yup, hook, line and sinker.

Gable statue for sure IMHO.
Sandy Stevens as the wedding singer?

This might be pushing it but I'm sure some fabric could be added to some headgear to produce a beautiful veil for the bride.

Matching Iowa singlets!

I didn't want to start another thread, so I thought I'd just "hide it" here, but our Hawkeye Hopeful Spencer Lee made Faces in the Crowd in Sports Illustrated after his Cadet Worlds Title run. FYI

I didn't want to start another thread, so I thought I'd just "hide it" here, but our Hawkeye Hopeful Spencer Lee made Faces in the Crowd in Sports Illustrated after his Cadet Worlds Title run. FYI
This is great news.
He will someday be famous.

Faces in the Crowd of SI?

That's almost as impressive as being listed in the program/guide for an Iowa Hawkeye wrestling meet.

Good news for you, bad for me. A very reliable source told me he spotted Spencer,girlfriend and family in a hotel conference room in Iowa City auditioning entertainment for the big night. He was speculating but felt really comfortable saying that The Dan Band was the couples choice...

Reactions: wasdt21
ADVERTISEMENT