ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee...

Knight563

HR MVP
Aug 9, 2014

In case you're bored like I am waiting for a flight; check out Lee's highlight video from state. Hope we can land this big fish!

Unstoppable on his feet and relentless on top. Impressive tilts, among other scoring combinations from the top position. Imagine what the kid could do under Tom and Terry!

Reactions: Knight563
Spencer Lee is impressive. Those videos were from his freshman season (2014).
I am at tube airport as we
Spencer Lee is impressive. Those videos were from his freshman season (2014).
If you enjoyed 2014 then you will get a real kick out of 2015. I am at the airport as well and fumbled around but was not able to copy the links

Lee faced Sammy Sasso (2015 Fargo 132 lbs champ) in the finals. Last year Lee was an undersized 120 and Sasso was an oversize 126. Sasso had an impressive freshman season but was completely dominated by lee.

As impressive as lee is in freestyle he just flat out hammers people in folkstyle.

Here are some highlights from the 2015 tournament, he is an absolute hammer in every way, it's scary to imagine how good he could be under Tom & Terry.

Those tilts are ridiculous! Reminds me a lot of Mark Ironside. We need him. Please TnT and Morningstar get him!!! Please. Don't make me beg it's embarrassing.

Ihawk9times, I agree, he's my p4p overall #1 as well. Tough in all three positions

His total time wrestling at state was under 7 minutes! That kid is fun to watch.

I'm torn between the 2 guys. I REALLY think both young man are going to be pretty special. I honestly think we have a better shot at Lee being a Hawk!! I''m excited to where each of them go and dreaming we get both but I'll be pretty excited with either one!!!

I'm torn between the 2 guys. I REALLY think both young man are going to be pretty special. I honestly think we have a better shot at Lee being a Hawk!! I''m excited to where each of them go and dreaming we get both but I'll be pretty excited with either one!!!

Will be a tough decision for young Lee: Psu or Iowa? The kid is going to be fantastic either way

@USAWrestling: Lee has Bhart Datil of India in the semifinals in 3 matches. Nagy on deck against IRI, to determine if Hall gets back in.

I think everyone knows that, Captain Obvious!

Hall gets knocked out. Lee up now in the Semis, has teched his way through the tournament thus far.

@FloWrestling: Spencer Lee dominates again and wins 12-2 to move on to the finals!

Please we please sign him!

Lee with the 12-2 TF, very impressive! To state the obvious... he would be a rockstar in hawkeye country.

Any clue as to when finals will be??? I have Flo and I'd love to watch it live, just really busy today. Thanks

@FloWrestling: Spencer Lee will wrestle in the junior world gold medal match today at 5pm EST. Let's go @LeeSpencerlee36 !!!!!!

I'm half tempted to get a twitter account to support some of these young men. Can't believe I just said that...

Got beat by Peter Nagy of Hungary. He's actually been in the state of Iowa as an exchange student. Won at Fargo when he was here.

Finals Matchups50kg GOLD: Alireza Goodarzi (IRI) vs. Spencer Lee (USA)
50kg BRONZE: Arif Huseynov (AZE) vs. Razmik Misakyan (ARM)
50kg BRONZE: Bhart Datil (IND) vs. Roman Gutsulyak (UKR)

60kg GOLD: Ibrahim Abdelhamid (EGY) vs. Iman Sadeghikoukandeh (IRI)
60kg BRONZE: Dimitar Ivanov (BUL) vs. Amit Amit (IND)
60kg BRONZE: Jahid Hasan-Zada (AZE) vs. Rashidov Gadzhimurad (RUS)

74kg GOLD: Nabiev Gadizhi (RUS) vs. Reza Mozaffarijouybari (IRI)
74kg BRONZE: Tarzan Maisuradze (GEO) vs. Alberto Yurchenko (LAT)
74kg BRONZE: Peter Nagy (HUN) vs. Saiakbai Usupov (KGZ)

96kg GOLD: Nurmagomed Gadzhiyev (AZE) vs. Seyed Hossini (IRI)
96kg BRONZE: Bakdaulet Almentay (KAZ) vs. Taponi Heino Jere (FIN)
96kg BRONZE: Rouble Singh (IND) vs. Nishanpreet Randhawa (CAN)

I think the most impressive is Azerbaijan. With a population under 10M it's amazing what they do. Both the women and the men are doing great. That's what can happen when you have an entire country behind your back!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT