ADVERTISEMENT

Stump that town - name a town in Iowa noone on this board has been

30 years ago when there was only 1 liquor store in Humboldt County, we called Livermore "Liquormore". It was one of the few business in town and they always seemed glad for the business, even if we were only 16.

Cannot believe nobody mentioned:

Cleves
McCallsburg
Dow City

Pretty surprised Autinville made the post - had SR pics taken there in 1989.

HAWKWELL & KING3 Curious if I know either of you since that whole area between W & SR is where I grew up - first graduating class that had a W-SR diploma.

Haven't seen anyone talk about the gravel road through Cornell. Perhaps the Rossie, Greenville and the rest of the cornbelt conference people have heard of it.

Gunder, Iowa. Home of the gunderbuger in NE Iowa i think population of about 10 or so it's been a while since i've been there.

Re: multiple-sorry

Originally posted by warrior'03:
what about Wayland with "The Bar" or Noble, Trenton, Coppock, Swedesburg, Crawfordsville, New Boston.

I played for the Wayland Merchants softball team back in the early 90's while living/working in Fairfield.

Re: multiple-sorry

Originally posted by SL Hawk Fan:

Originally posted by warrior'03:
what about Wayland with "The Bar" or Noble, Trenton, Coppock, Swedesburg, Crawfordsville, New Boston.

I played for the Wayland Merchants softball team back in the early 90's while living/working in Fairfield.

i'm from mt. pleasant so i've been to all of those towns. how about Rome?

fishcat,

Went to elementary school in McCallsburg. No one has mention my hometown of Zearing. Others I can think of are:

Garden City
Bangor
Union
Whitten

I have not been ot Guersey but my borther in law is from there. I can't believe how many I have and have not heard of.

Seriously visit Gunder Iowa, by postville home of the famous gunderburger a family member works there the gunderburger is a 1 pound burger that is bigger than the bun it's huge. I ate one when 10 and i didn't eat anything the next day. it's the best burger in NW Iowa, it you ever get the chance go.
diz

Don't know if anyone has mentioned these towns; Coppock, Grace Hill, Haskins?

Coppock is probably the largest of these towns with a pop. of 50 or so.

OK after further inspection I see that Rubio has made an appearance. I will be very surprised if anyone knows where Lexington is though.

Here is another one that I did not see: Eureka

Re: BJAHawk

Highlandville
Hesper
Kendalville
Chester
Florenceville
Lourdes
Satre
Festina
Dorchester

Buck Creek...just south of Delhi which is another town that probably not many people have heard of.

I am not sure if this one has been mentioned, but what about Froelich, IA. Not much to it, but it is there still, I think. :)

Froelich, Giard, and Watson still all exist. Gunder is in NE Iowa, not NW. But it is prolly the best burger in the nation, regardless of where Gunder is.

White Ash, Haskins, or Canby. not sure if any of those have been mention, i doubt it.

I've definitely been through Frytown (only decent way to get to Kalona from the Amanas). Isn't there a Stringtown down that way too, or am I confusing myself?

Anyone heard of Cosgrove? Or even Oxford? Oxford's quite a bit bigger, so I wouldn't be surprised if people know it.

And for all the talk about What Cheer, I don't remember anyone mentioning Thornburg.

Originally posted by VBHawk:
Primghar, Ritter, Ashton, Ireton, Paullina, Alton, and my personal favorite Melvin. I'm originally from Sheldon, but I'm guessing most of you know the hometown of the Brands brothers.

I was born and raised in Primghar and have been to all the rest.

There is a bar in Festina called the Zipper. Used to drink there on Deer hunting trips up that way. Anyone ever been to Cranston?

This is awesome, someone should right a book on all the towns and all that their known for. Looks like we have a good start to it. One thing I can add is that St. Olaf, in NE Iowa, is home the the largest tenderloin at the St. Olaf tap. We had one on our way back from trout fishing trip, the thing is bigger than a dinner plate.

Yes its that Green Mountain...
Elberon, Montour, Chelsea, all go to South Tama

How about Vining, Gilbertville, I really doubt it but Haven
Ummm Ferguson, There is a town by Ferguson called Dillon
How about Jacksonville

syface, i've been to every town you've listed on pages 1-5 (didn't read after that till page 10).

How about Vedic City? (if listed before, sorry)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT