ADVERTISEMENT

Stump that town - name a town in Iowa noone on this board has been

Ardon in SE Iowa anyone?

Yes Niener, I have been in Cranston. There is still about 12 houses there.

This post was edited on 2/19 2:37 PM by hawkitdif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Gilbertville might be pretty well known around Iowa with its Wrestling success.

How about Killduff.

ive been through jacksonville once like 8 years ago. It seems like they had one road and a grain elevator and thats it

Originally posted by ferentzin04:
Gilbertville might be pretty well known around Iowa with its Wrestling success.

How about Killduff.
Gilbertville is Don Bosco right? Drive by there when I go up to UNI.

yeah gilbertville is don bosco. my dad grew up in hudson so we always went through gilbertville to go visit my grandparents

Isnt killduff down by pella/sully and has a big bend on the highway that goes right by a baseball diamond?
This post was edited on 3/31 12:59 AM by bballfan789if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Yep thats it. I had never heard of it until this year, now I drive through the town constantly on my way to visit my girlfriend in Pella.

Re: Here's a few that haven't been mentioned.....

Love hearing from the SW Iowans.

I've been to Cumberland, anita massena, bridgewater, fontenelle, carson, griswold, exira, elk horn, and kimbalton

How about essex, hepburn, nevinville, gravity?

I am originally from Greenfield and so are my parents, so I have been to almost all of those, especially Bridgewater and Fontenelle. I still have a lot of family in Greenfield so I am over there every once in awhile.

Me too, always hated taking that huge hill on the way to play CC-A. Seriously, it took like 15 minutes on the bus!

Re: BJAHawk

I have been to Gilman,Laurel,LeGrand,killduff, OXFORD(went to the bars there many times, my exgirlfriends dad lived their, town of like 500 with 4 bars,hahaha), What cheer is close to my home so i'vebeen through there many times.

How about Deep River, my personal favorite my hometown Montezuma? Or maybe Malcolm? Barnes City?

Beebeetown

I was waiting for that one.

I haven't seen Macedonia yet. Or Carson for that matter.

Hancock - Home of Miss America 1974 and some buffalo

I've been through this whole thread and didn't see the place I called home for the first 4 months of my life, before moving to the big city of Oakland.

Duncan, Iowa. If you ever feel the need to get as drunk as possible, the Duncan Hall is the place to do so. It is nestled in between the GREAT town of BRITT and the town of Garner.

Re: RAGBRAIers...

How about Owens? Has that been mentioned yet?

Westfield?
Maurice?
Hospers?
Fonda?

Re: RAGBRAIers...

my personal favorite small town is yetter...anybody know the ol' saying... "everything's better in yetter"?

Joe Town is barely a town just south of Frytown. Too many power lines to be very amish but it is in Amish country. It's more likely to be menninite(sp?).

Re: Juniata ,Iowa

I haven't seen my great hometown of Preston yet, 1,000 people and 3 bars, also has anyone been to baldwin or teeds grove?

Re: Juniata ,Iowa

I played in a softball tourney in Milton Iowa this weekend nice small town.

Go through Parnell on my way to IC. Nobody's mentioned Sully, Lynnville, or my hometown, Searsboro (actually grew up in the country, the town's a hole).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT