ADVERTISEMENT

Swafford

hawkeyealumni

HR All-American
Nov 23, 2008
Sorry if this has already been posted, but has there been definitive word on Swafford's eligibility? I know there was talk at one point that his suspension was missed earlier this season, which is why he was able to compete. Have we heard from coaches or a reliable source that he is unable to complete going forward? We desperately need something at 184.

As far as I know he is in basically the same position as all of the other guys as far a gambling is concerned with the only possible difference being that he might still have an appeal left. I don't imagine those appeals will have any sort of different result than any of the others and I certainly don't expect him to wrestle this year.

Reactions: blcoach80
Sorry if this has already been posted, but has there been definitive word on Swafford's eligibility? I know there was talk at one point that his suspension was missed earlier this season, which is why he was able to compete. Have we heard from coaches or a reliable source that he is unable to complete going forward? We desperately need something at 184.
Reliable enough for me... he gone.

As for 184, desperation waked out the door in December. Here's all you need to know.

Brands - Gambling
Abe - Gambling
Swafford - Gambling
Gabe - No mas Ocho quatro
Riggins - Busting his arse for the team while weighing 175 on full feed (probably fully dressed).

Cheer your butt off for Riggins! He is all we have and he's laying it out there.

Well with that kind of mindset you should shut your tv off. Any number of athletes have been accused of rape and convicted of rape and worse. Does dfw in your name stand for Dallas Fort Worth? Does that make you a cowboys fan? You wanna talk about the mid 90’s cowboys and all the crap the did? Bill Cosby raped a historic number of women does this mean you can’t watch sitcoms and a comedians now.

My point is, AJ’s trial was dropped so if you’re accusing him of rape you are doing so with absolutely no founding, cause, or reason. You’re doing so in an anonymous manner on a message board that calls itself the cesspool. So I guess you’ve chosen the right place for your hypocrisy. You’re certainly not alone. But we are fortunate enough to live in a county where it defends its citizens, even the ones that attempt to destroy it. I for one am tired of the hypocrisy and self righteousness around here. And I’m damn well tired of talking about a guy that’s not even on our roster.
He does say "watch the wrong sport". My guess was he may be referring to the Illinois basketball player who was just reinstated due to a judges ruling.

He does say "watch the wrong sport". My guess was he may be referring to the Illinois basketball player who was just reinstated due to a judges ruling.
If I misunderstood it would’nt be the first time. I deleted my rant. Though I am overly tired of talking about aj. He’s not even officially on our team yet.

Sorry for the confusion…was referring to the Illinois basketball player. I hadn’t ever considered AJ…only the year long suspensions for gambling.
Side note…I largely have turned the TV off. Haven’t watched a football or basketball game in years. Much happier without it and extra free time. Still watch wrestling whenever possible.
My point really is that common sense doesn’t seem to have anything to do with these decisions….NCAA or the courts.

I don't think he's really an Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling fan. I could be wrong but that's my interpretation. He was here because little brother was on the team and the Predicament forum no longer exists, so he needed some place to post all that crap. I'd be surprised if he's back here anytime soon.

He doesn’t need a place. He has Facebook. And if you follow him, it’s really something…

Reactions: woodsiding
I don't think he's really an Iowa Hawkeye Wrestling fan. I could be wrong but that's my interpretation. He was here because little brother was on the team and the Predicament forum no longer exists, so he needed some place to post all that crap. I'd be surprised if he's back here anytime soon.
Cool
Nope, don't follow him and don't plan on following him.
Thanks
Why do you think he's not an Iowa Wrestling fan? His facebook page is really great if you have any interest in wrestling especially Iowa High School wrestling.

His FB page is proof anybody can ramble on jibberish and beg for likes and sponsorships!
What don't you like about his content? I mean it's very positive but I would not want anyone to be negative towards high school and younger kids. I love that it brings attention to wrestlers that are working hard and allows me to reminisce a little...

What don't you like about his content? I mean it's very positive but I would not want anyone to be negative towards high school and younger kids. I love that it brings attention to wrestlers that are working hard and allows me to reminisce a little...
I agree. I love when he has old brackets and podium stands (especially when I can reminisce about the 90's), or talks about second generation wrestlers and show the kid and their dad. Sometimes he posts other stuff, and I can choose to keep scrolling if I don't want to read it. He had one epic rant about his brother but other than he is always posting positive stuff. To me he seems like a great guy.

Look man I’m not a Ferrari fan, but I am an innocent til proven guilty fan. His case was dropped. If there was evidence of rape he would be in jail. There wasn’t so he isn’t.
Legal standards for a criminal conviction are set exceedingly high (and rightfully so). There needs to be evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" to get a criminal conviction. That does not exist in AJ's case, especially after the victim refused to testify, but that is definitely not the same as saying there is no evidence at all. There is evidence, umm, DNA evidence. The issue with the criminal case is that they cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the DNA got there from a nonconsensual interaction, especially without the victim's testimony that that's how it got there. The only thing that you can objectively say about this case is that AJ should not be convicted in a court of law, not that he didn't do anything or he is definitely innocent.

Legal standards for a criminal conviction are set exceedingly high (and rightfully so). There needs to be evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" to get a criminal conviction. That does not exist in AJ's case, especially after the victim refused to testify, but that is definitely not the same as saying there is no evidence at all. There is evidence, umm, DNA evidence. The issue with the criminal case is that they cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the DNA got there from a nonconsensual interaction, especially without the victim's testimony that that's how it got there. The only thing that you can objectively say about this case is that AJ should not be convicted in a court of law, not that he didn't do anything or he is definitely innocent.
Not a lawyer. I guess evidence was the wrong term to use. I’m just saying labeling someone a rapist who hasn’t been convicted of rape doesn’t sit well with me. I guess people can be a lot of bad things that they never get convicted of tho.

Reactions: lookleft goright
I may take some heat for this, but im used to it and thats ok. This is just my opinion from a distance..

I feel like Pin Doctors should get a job to take care of those kids while his seasonal landscaping is not there. Asking for gas money/donations to travel around and use his cell phone to take pictures of high school meets doesn't really pay the bills for those kiddos right now. Wrestling is a small niche sport with little revenue coming from it, and he is looking for his hobby of following wrestling to be his primary source of income. Maybe in the future it can be. I just don't see it right now.

Maybe my post here will get him some donations and get him through the winter! 😆

Reactions: Bullethawk31
I may take some heat for this, but im used to it and thats ok. This is just my opinion from a distance..

I feel like Pin Doctors should get a job to take care of those kids while his seasonal landscaping is not there. Asking for gas money/donations to travel around and use his cell phone to take pictures of high school meets doesn't really pay the bills for those kiddos right now. Wrestling is a small niche sport with little revenue coming from it, and he is looking for his hobby of following wrestling to be his primary source of income. Maybe in the future it can be. I just don't see it right now.

Maybe my post here will get him some donations and get him through the winter! 😆

He's "an interesting guy" as they say. His content is no doubt fantastic.

I'm not big on handouts. I won't hide that opinion. If one is sick or unable to work it's different.
I don't see where he is asking for handout's though really. He provides content on a regular basis free of charge. He also provides content for a charge. All content takes time and likely money to produce. He really is saying if you like my content and want me to continue to be able to provide this type of content please support me financially. It's just like when Public Radio does a pledge drive or when a street performer puts out a tip jar.

Reactions: masterhawk74
I don't see where he is asking for handout's though really. He provides content on a regular basis free of charge. He also provides content for a charge. All content takes time and likely money to produce. He really is saying if you like my content and want me to continue to be able to provide this type of content please support me financially. It's just like when Public Radio does a pledge drive or when a street performer puts out a tip jar.
I'm aware of what he is asking for through the winter months. No big deal.

I'm just saying there is a big difference between what he is doing and someone asking for a hand out.

I'm just saying there is a big difference between what he is doing and someone asking for a hand out.
Fair enough @Redm18. Maybe handout wasn't the best wording. Here is his information if anyone wants to help support him and his endeavors.

"I wouldn’t post this stuff, if I wasn’t totally desperate… having the gas you are pumping being cut off because of your account balance while on your way to cover an event is desperate, IMO… I don’t know how much longer I can do this stuff or pull it off until landscaping season. I know it’s a process and I’m actually getting somewhere with it, but holy cow… I really don’t know how I’m going to make it until landscaping unless I get this thing totally afloat without having to constantly worry about this stuff.

I haven’t sought out sponsorship and ads that much yet because I’m waiting on my website to be done because Facebook’s advertising policy is tricky and I don’t want to do something that will get my page deleted… but there will be that option when the website is finished. But until then, I’m at a loss.

With that said, as mentioned, this is basically my only source of income at this time, so if you’d like to donate to help me keep this thing on track, you can do so via Venmo or PayPal. My Venmo business username is @thepindoctors and my personal Venmo is @ricoswaff. My PayPal username is rico_swaff@yahoo.com.

For those who don’t like those methods, you can send check to:

The Pin Doctors
P.O. Box 298
Mediapolis, Iowa 52637

I am really sorry for posting this thing again. I am working my tail off with this tho, hopefully you all know that."

Sorry for the confusion…was referring to the Illinois basketball player. I hadn’t ever considered AJ…only the year long suspensions for gambling.
Side note…I largely have turned the TV off. Haven’t watched a football or basketball game in years. Much happier without it and extra free time. Still watch wrestling whenever possible.
My point really is that common sense doesn’t seem to have anything to do with these decisions….NCAA or the courts.
I'm fully aware this is a wrestling forum, but you should at least be watching the Hawkeye women play basketball if you aren't.
It's great for the school and great for the state and even better for their sport.

By the time it's all said and done Caitlin Clark could end up being the greatest Hawk of them all.

And this isn't directed at you, but there's some real shit heads around here. I don't understand this Pin Doctors bashing at all.

Reactions: woodsiding
I have know the Swafford family for a LONG time! Really good people for sure. One wrestled my cousin a lot over the years so we got to know each other well. As most brothers would do they spend a lot of time supporting their family so it’s expected in my opinion. I think he does a really good job with his stuff and I enjoy it. No different him asking for help than paying for flo or IA wrestling content. It’s his money he is spending traveling and his time as well.

He has the erroneous belief he can make steady and full time income off Pin Doctors. Needs to let it go and treat it like the cool hobby that it is. That's it. No different than what a lot of people do, his just happens to be public and he also overshares. Interesting guy, wish him the best. But he does need to just get a job and realize wrestling isn't actually life.

He has the erroneous belief he can make steady and full time income off Pin Doctors. Needs to let it go and treat it like the cool hobby that it is. That's it. No different than what a lot of people do, his just happens to be public and he also overshares. Interesting guy, wish him the best. But he does need to just get a job and realize wrestling isn't actually life.
I'm not saying that he will or will not make be able to make a steady and full time income off of it but I'm curious what you are basing your comment on? Lots of people make their income off of wrestling and way more people make their income off of social media, new media and media in general.

I'm not saying that he will or will not make be able to make a steady and full time income off of it but I'm curious what you are basing your comment on? Lots of people make their income off of wrestling and way more people make their income off of social media, new media and media in general.

The fact that he's been trying to monetize it for years, has been begging and pleading for people to subscribe, and recently didn't have enough money to put gas in his car is a sign. Observe the guy--he's not capable of running this kind of business (or any).

He is a great fan of the sport with a mind like a steal freaking trap. He's a historian for sure.

Rough crowd. I enjoy his FB page. Any of you naysayers are free to start your own content.

Oh I tell ya, this is a rough board ...rough. I've been saying it for awhile.
My neighborhood was rough...rough neighborhood.
Growing up as a kid I could walk 6 blocks from my house and still be in a crime scene.

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT