ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Brands Named Freestyle Coach of the Year

Is that another way of saying that he is the only guy in the USA who understands the rules or that he can coach people to superstardom without understanding the rules or how they will be applied?

well deserved, pretty common knowledge terry is one of the very best freestyle coaches in the u s a .everyone is on the zeke jones train, terry is better coach far as im concerned.
Plenty of people are better coaches than Zeke Jones

Not to derail the praise for Terry (which I share), but what's wrong with Zeke as a coach?

Not to derail the praise for Terry (which I share), but what's wrong with Zeke as a coach?
I wouldn't say anything is wrong with him, but I also think he still has a lot to prove. His previous college stops didn't consist of his athletes doing anything extraordinary (in fairness, they weren't the easiest places to win). While being the national team head coach is great, how much of the individual success of those athletes should be contributed to Zeke? Most if not all of the top USA guys have not had Zeke as their primary coach. He's the hot thing in wrestling right now, but I'm not quite sure why

nothing tarp I have a slight bias for terry, not against zeke. although kinda like sam Henson better than zeke

Congrats to coach Brands this can or should help our chances more with Lee and Hall.

I've said it for a long time but Terry is the heart of the program. He may get a bit animated at times but he believes in and wants more for his wrestlers than anybody I have ever seen!!! Ok maybe Gable but Terry is the coach I want my kid wrestling for someday. CONGRATS coach Terry!!!!!

Reactions: wasdt21
Tom is the same exact guy with the exception that he has to be the CEO of the program and he is the one that gets all the feedback from the AD and the public. He has to tone down his inner being for that reason to put the University in a great light to kids, parents and fans on top of the Administration. 2 peas in a pod.

this is not a flame, just trying to understand.
If Terry is putting significant into Freestyle wrestling, is it taking some of his time away from Hawk wrestling?

this is not a flame, just trying to understand.
If Terry is putting significant into Freestyle wrestling, is it taking some of his time away from Hawk wrestling?

Let's say that it does for argument's sake. But without the time Terry puts into freestyle, guys like Metcalf, Ramos, McD, etc. probably aren't training in Iowa City and providing the quality practice partners for the collegiate squad.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
No. It would be like saying Gilman didn't put everything into last season because he was wrestling freestyle all summer. It's okay, they can multitask.

Reactions: TarpHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT