ADVERTISEMENT

Three-Game Ticket Packages on Sale Monday

ichawk24

HR Legend
Nov 21, 2005
Thank you for your previous purchases of tickets to home games of the University of Iowa football team and/or support of the Iowa Hawkeyes. We wanted you to know that the UI Athletics Ticket Office will begin accepting orders for three-game ticket packages for the 2015 Iowa football home schedule on Monday. Here are the details:

Fans of the 2015 University of Iowa football team will have the opportunity to purchase three-game ticket packages beginning Monday, June 22.

Fans will create their own three-game package by selecting one game from three different sets of games:
  • Illinois State (2015 season opener, Varsity Club Hall of Fame Celebration, Sept. 5 at 11 a.m.)or North Texas (Sept. 26, Time TBA)
  • Pittsburgh (ANF Day at the Game presented by the Iowa Farm Bureau, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m.) or Minnesota (Floyd of Rosedale, Nov. 14 at 7 p.m.)
  • Illinois (Homecoming, Oct. 10, 11 a.m.), Maryland (Oct. 31, Time TBA) or Purdue (Senior Day, Nov. 21, Time TBA)
The cost of a three-game package is $157. The primary location for most of the seats available for three-game ticket purchases is the upper sections of the south grandstand.

that actually seems like a pretty good deal... I might look into doing that.. I wish I could get Pitt and Minnesota though

that actually seems like a pretty good deal... I might look into doing that.. I wish I could get Pitt and Minnesota though

It's a decent deal until you stop and think about how much seats will be going for outside the stadium. Upper south grandstand when you can buy better seats for less on the day of the game? No thanks

I couldn't give tickets away for free last year. It is definitely going to be buyers market.

Reactions: Irl Tubbs
What do you think it's going to cost to buy tickets outside the stadium the day of the game? $10 each for Illinois St. or North Texas and around $20 each for the other games?

It's a decent deal until you stop and think about how much seats will be going for outside the stadium. Upper south grandstand when you can buy better seats for less on the day of the game? No thanks

thats a good point they arent the greatest seats. and tickets should be relatively cheap for everything except maybe Pitt, Minn, and Illinois

What do you think it's going to cost to buy tickets outside the stadium the day of the game? $10 each for Illinois St. or North Texas and around $20 each for the other games?
It depends on how the season is going. Losses to bottom feeders like Iowa State will keep ticket prices under 20 bucks for most of the year.

At this point there is no reason to buy a package that includes a garbage game like illinois state or north texas when tickets to any home game will be plentiful.
Packaging throwaway games in a bundle with "better" games is a desperation move that struggling programs use to fill seats.

Reactions: Kyle Broflovski
"It depends on how the season is going. Losses to bottom feeders like Iowa State will keep ticket prices under 20 bucks for most of the year."
_________________________________________________________________________________

Out of curiosity...what tag do you put on a team that loses to bottom feeders?

"It depends on how the season is going. Losses to bottom feeders like Iowa State will keep ticket prices under 20 bucks for most of the year."
_________________________________________________________________________________

Out of curiosity...what tag do you put on a team that loses to bottom feeders?
Clowns

they are going to lose 3-5k season ticket holders so it makes sense that the buyer market for scalping might not be as great this year. that's a lot of supply taken from the market.

they are going to lose 3-5k season ticket holders so it makes sense that the buyer market for scalping might not be as great this year. that's a lot of supply taken from the market.
Supply side is down, but so is demand. As a guy who dropped his season tickets, I am not concerned about not getting game day tickets. Doesn't the U of I put unsold tickets on stub hub to try to sell more as well.

Why would you have Illinois as a tough ticket? They're awful and the game's at 11.

If we have 3 losses or more heading into Minnesota, that could be the easiest ticket to get all season, especially if its cold (very likely that time of year). I've already heard multiple people who renewed their season tickets say that they would strongly consider dumping that game/not showing up if the forecast looks bad.

Pitt will likely have the best crowd of the year. Early season night game, weather should be nice, and a semi-decent opponent.

right now on stub hub Illinois is the most expensive home game single ticket.

If you pay even 10 bucks for North Texas, you're overpaying by about 9. A couple years ago against one of the MAC teams I got some scalper to go down to 50 cents, before I let him know that I was just kidding and really wasn't looking to buy. I expect something similar for that game. Could be the smallest crowd in Kinnick since Commings' last game as coach in '78.

Good news since I'm a UNT alum looking to see another game in Kinnick and visit family. I considered buying tickets in advance but after all these comments, it appears scalping is the best route. I'll be one of the 10 people there wearing a green shirt! :D

I know that some here can't grasp this incredibly simple fact, but many people like to plan ahead.

You know, but tickets, know where they are sitting, have multiple seats together.

The "your an idiot if you don't scalp" crowd is tiring. Guess what, many people aren't so concerned about single game ticket prices that they need to work at getting tickets. They go online and click purchase.

Reactions: ichawk24
I know that some here can't grasp this incredibly simple fact, but many people like to plan ahead.

You know, but tickets, know where they are sitting, have multiple seats together.

The "your an idiot if you don't scalp" crowd is tiring. Guess what, many people aren't so concerned about single game ticket prices that they need to work at getting tickets. They go online and click purchase.

I don't know that the sitting together comes into that much play when we are talking about a one year single ticket package. Saving under $10 dollars on each tickets face value doesn't seem like that great of a deal when we are talking about the poor location of seats. I would rather have the option of purchasing on game day to determine weather, get better seats and pay less by purchasing tickets on game day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT