ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Texas JC and Iowa Players

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Montrose
After Jones...I noticed there are two other guys from Iowa on the Tyler JC roster; Okwarabizie from Sioux City and a guy named Pope from Mt. Pleasant. What is the connection there? Does Iowa have any interest in either of those two, especially the big guy from SC?

This post was edited on 4/16 2:31 PM by JRHawk2003

Can't remember if there was interest for Pope. But as for Ike, I think that ship sailed a while ago. Even if he were brought in now, sounds like he'll be a project most of his career.

Someone will have to shed some light on that.

I don't know about Pope, but Iowa is no longer involved in Ike.

The connection is that Tyler's coach, Mike Marquis, is Originally from Newton, IA and was coach at Indian Hills and, IIRC, Marshalltown CC.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Fran went to scout Ike, but when he arrived 4 minutes late to the game Ike had already fouled out.
This post was edited on 4/16 2:11 PM by 4th & 9 inches

Is Alford/UCLA still looking at Ike? Does he have an offer? Just wondering because if he's not good enough to play fr Iowa, how the heck would he do at UCLA?

Originally posted by IronFist1776:
Is Alford/UCLA still looking at Ike? Does he have an offer? Just wondering because if he's not good enough to play fr Iowa, how the heck would he do at UCLA?
To my surprise I thought UCLA looked pretty good when I watched them play in the tournament. Alford has developed as a coach since he left Iowa like him or not and I don't particularly. But I enjoyed watching the Bruins play. I think Fran sees Ike as more of a project and feels like he needs more immediate help at center.

I believe the coaching staff has some Iowa ties. I know that Jaron Nash, Malcolm Moore, and others from Iowa went to Tyler JC.

Former ISU player Daniel Edozie played at Tyler JC as well.

ADVERTISEMENT