ADVERTISEMENT

US Open results - Day 2

Spicolli

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
McBono vs Tomasello coming up.

Another interesting matchup - just from physical perspective - Nick Simmons (6 ft. tall) vs. Dance (5 ft. tall).

McD over Tomasello...6-4. NT had no problem getting to McD's legs...McD just too much for him at this point.

McD has Graff next, then Colon... brutal weekend

PS. Simmons 14-4 over Dance

27 points making my prediction of 20+ between the two come true. Glad to see two guys willing to get after it.

Reactions: Jaybird319
FYI

Patrick Downey gets pinned in the 2nd. Was down 8-7 before the fall. Still a good effort for a young guy like Downey.

I wonder if the Gross burglary event decreases our likelihood of going after a guy like Downey with some prior issues.

McD with a very late score to win 6-6.

He cannot continue to get in these big holes if he wants a lot of success here.

DSJ over V. Dombrosky 6-3. Nice to see DSJ having some success versus last year. Also looks like he is having fun.

DSJ wins.

Nice to see him wrestling well again. I thought after his senior year, he may be done wrestling.

Wish he was still in the room. He provides some scrambling and funk that our guys seem to lack.

Dennis throws Morrison to his back and pins him. Didn't catch who won the McDonough match

Same for me. Dennis is up against Coleman Scott. Dennis is down 9-1 after 1. 2 four point moves by Scott and Dennis lost a challenge.

McDonough with the first period fall over Mitcheff to take 5th and qualify for the Olympic Trials.

All members of the HWC who entered the tournament placed in the top 5 and have all qualified for the World Team Trials. That is pretty awesome. Not sure if any other clubs can say that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT