ADVERTISEMENT

US Open results

Thank you for posting any results here. I'm at work and unable to follow along on Trackwrestling as I usually do.

Metcalf's par terre wrestling is fantastic. Wrestling a guy that is super slick but takes him down once and gets 3 turns off of leg laces and another off a gut wrench to end it quickly

DSJ with a late TF 17-7 win

FYI Patrick Downey was up 3-1 on Q Wright in first. Q gets 4 late to lead 5-3

DSJ with a late TF 17-7 win

FYI Patrick Downey was up 3-1 on Q Wright in first. Q gets 4 late to lead 5-3

Downey with the FALL in 4:34.

Baggage vs Elite skill? I'm not sure if we are even willing to take him or if he wants to come to Iowa but our recent legal issues might make it a moot issue.

Downey won by injury default, not fall. At least according to the USA Wrestling Twitter feed. He was losing 9-6 at the time of the injury.

McBono won TF in 1st

EDIT: Oops, WBF

Last edited:
Dennis fades but holds on 10-8. He has Joey McKenna next.

Metcalf has Chase Pami next

Tony vs Simmons

McD vs Hochstrasser (tough draw for McD so far)

It was a challenge. Should have been a 4 for Oliver the whole way. They got it right after the review.

Also, the difference in quarterfinal tactics between Metcalf and Oliver really highlight the difference between the two. Brent got up and kept scoring and kept attacking almost getting the tech fall scoring 5 takedowns. Oliver went ahead 5-0 off of one big move and then didn't even feign an offensive attempt and put on ice skates the rest of the match.

Also, the difference in quarterfinal tactics between Metcalf and Oliver really highlight the difference between the two. Brent got up and kept scoring and kept attacking almost getting the tech fall scoring 5 takedowns. Oliver went ahead 5-0 off of one big move and then didn't even feign an offensive attempt and put on ice skates the rest of the match.
To be fair, Ramos did the exact same thing that Oliver did. Got a 4-0 lead and was content to sit on it

To be fair, Ramos did the exact same thing that Oliver did. Got a 4-0 lead and was content to sit on it

Ramos was wrestling a former World 5th place finisher who can literally pin from anywhere whereas Oliver was wrestling someone who is up 10 pounds from his collegiate weight and before last week hadn't wrestled freestyle since 2009 and folkstyle since 2010.

Ramos could have been more active I am sure but Oliver should be taking it to a guy like Jayson Ness at this point in his freestyle career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT