ADVERTISEMENT

US Open results

Ole Amaloon being the old Amaloon! He gained a little humility this past season when everyone knew Ped State wasn't going to be a title threat. Now, with higher expectations, he returns to the obnoxious old self. One thing for sure... the bandwagon at PSU will grow again if the freshmen perform as hoped. Hopefully he gets banned again on this site and returns to the friendly home of all Iowa haters in HV.

Hey Mitch... How is stating the truth about Ruth and Taylor obnoxious? You really do know how to spin a false narrative. You can't teach an old dog... new tricks... can you? Just relies on the same old ones. :rolleyes: Wasn't being remotely obnoxious. Obnoxiously truthful... yes.

No bandwagon... just a bandwagon full of sick talent. Hop on for the ride. And why are there Iowa haters? Can you state your top 1000 reasons? Lol ;)

Glad they re-instated you over on our site. We can have that debate all season long with the non bandwagon riders. They're many die hards ready for another championship who would love to talk the immense talent stepping out on the mat for Penn State. Keep yourself from getting banned. We need that banter... bud.

Last edited:
I asserted an opinion. You're free to disagree, but you have no way of being any more certain that it's incorrect than that your opinion is correct. I never said Hall and Lee would attend the same school. The point of my post was that they should be major targets and that they could have more of an impact than Taylor and Ruth if they joined the same program. If both end up 4-timers, they will. I don't think that's out of the question.

One thing's clear -- you hope like heck that both kids don't end up at Iowa. I don't blame you. Now, don't you have some Iowa bashing to do on another board?

Nice WOB, BTW.

There is absolutely NO chatter placing these two together anywhere near each other. And four timers before they touch a college mat?? I see where you're coming from. :rolleyes: o_O

This new format has a lot of bells and whistles, but does it have an ignore button? I don't see one.

There is absolutely NO chatter placing these two together anywhere near each other. And four timers before they touch a college mat?? I see where you're coming from. :rolleyes: o_O

And just when you thought it was safe to be on an Iowa wrestling board..........Imaloner returns - hmm wonder why - I guess PSU is going to try and win it next year. Any chance any of the good PSU guys could take him home and get him off this board? I've never posted on the PSU board (or any other opponents) but I'd gladly help reign in an annoying Hawk fan over there if a PSU fans steps up here and takes their trash home. (Thankfully there are not any annoying Iowa wrestling fans).

Hey Mitch... How is stating the truth about Ruth and Taylor obnoxious? You really do know how to spin a false narrative. You can't teach an old dog... new tricks... can you? Just relies on the same old ones. :rolleyes: Wasn't being remotely obnoxious. Obnoxiously truthful... yes.

No bandwagon... just a bandwagon full of sick talent. Hop on for the ride. And why are there Iowa haters? Can you state your top 1000 reasons? Lol ;)

Glad they re-instated you over on our site. We can have that debate all season long with the non bandwagon riders. They're many die hards ready for another championship who would love to talk the immense talent stepping out on the mat for Penn State. Keep yourself from getting banned. We need that banter... bud.
For the record... I got banned for pointing out how St. Cael brought in Long when nearly everyone knew he was trouble. And he brought him in for only one reason. And when everyone saw what happened, the mods over there got hyper sensitive with the criticism. But yes... now we know he's changed. You, my friend, are a menace to civilized discussion.

This new format has a lot of bells and whistles, but does it have an ignore button? I don't see one.

At the top right of the window, hover over your name/avatar. From the dropdown choose "People You Ignore" and enter the username of the person whose posts you no longer wish to see. As I stated recently on another forum, your blood pressure will immediately drop 50 points and your IQ will rise by a similar amount.

So are the Hawk posters alleging that this Malone fellow was a frequent poster during the Penn State run, noticeably missing during Penn States year off and now is returning since Penn State should be more competitive? Hmmm... Malone, answer me this, is this true? :)

Stronger than 4 consecutive team National Championships, 5 individual National Championships and 2 Hodge Trophies? Boy... that's going out on a skinny, weak limb? ;) The only reason that Ed Ruth didn't win a Hodge... David Taylor. I think you're getting wonder lust at the thought of these two being paired together (Hall and Lee). They're NOT and the chances that they will be aren't that good. David Taylor and Ed Ruth were paired together and road graded almost 100% of their opponents (minus Kyle Dake) who almost upset Jordon Burroughs, as DT had him on the ropes and couldn't finish off the Olympic and 2 time World Champ.

You're assuming a lot WWDMHawkeye. Most will NOT remotely happen to what David Taylor and Ed Ruth accomplished at Penn State. Hall and Lee might not do it individually at their respective colleges.
FWIW, Iowa has had pairings like this several times in the past, so it's certainly not inconceivable.

One never knows, of course. Hall and Lee could turn into the next Taylor/Ruth (or Davis/Zalesky or Banach/Banach or Brands/Brands or McIlravy/Williams) or they could turn into the next Hughes/Hughes or Alton/Alton.

Hard to predict.

So are the Hawk posters alleging that this Malone fellow was a frequent poster during the Penn State run, noticeably missing during Penn States year off and now is returning since Penn State should be more competitive? Hmmm... Malone, answer me this, is this true? :)

No... been going to matches since the early 90's. Sanshiro Abe, John Hughes, Russ Hughes, Kerry McCoy era of wrestling at Penn State. Answer is blatant... NO.

FWIW, Iowa has had pairings like this several times in the past, so it's certainly not inconceivable.

One never knows, of course. Hall and Lee could turn into the next Taylor/Ruth (or Davis/Zalesky or Banach/Banach or Brands/Brands or McIlravy/Williams) or they could turn into the next Hughes/Hughes or Alton/Alton.

Hard to predict.

Could turn into the next Dziewa/ Kelly or Ethan Lofthouse/ Mike Evans pairing. You just never know.

You should do your research or any for that matter. John Huhges won a NC at 142 in 1995 at Carver Hawkeye Arena shutting out his opponent 7-0 in the finals. John was a three time AA at Penn State. Russ was an AA also at Penn State. :rolleyes:

No... been going to matches since the early 90's. Sanshiro Abe, John Hughes, Russ Hughes, Kerry McCoy era of wrestling at Penn State. Answer is blatant... NO.
You were posting during the Abe, Hughes, Hughes, McCoy "run"? Amazing no idea this board was around at that time. Good job avoiding a pretty direct question. Let's see if I can phrase it differently....... did you post considerably more on this board during the Penn State 'Taylor/Ruth' run then you did during this previous campaign?

You should do your research or any for that matter. John Huhges won a NC at 142 in 1995 at Carver Hawkeye Arena shutting out his opponent 7-0 in the finals. John was a three time AA at Penn State. Russ was an AA also at Penn State. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The Huhges brothers were very good. Tought to score on.

In amalone's defense, he disappeared from the PSU board for awhile too. I remember there being a long thread about it over on BWI.

He was still around but was less of a douche bag. He is a pedophile loving a^^hole.

Reactions: MitchL
At the top right of the window, hover over your name/avatar. From the dropdown choose "People You Ignore" and enter the username of the person whose posts you no longer wish to see. As I stated recently on another forum, your blood pressure will immediately drop 50 points and your IQ will rise by a similar amount.

Thanks a lot, bruce. You'll never guess who will be the first to get ignored in the new format. . . . But before amalone disappears from my view, I'll just note that Hall and Lee would only need to be 3x'ers to surpass the impact of Taylor and Ruth. Considering that Lee has obliterated everything in his path so far and that Hall easily beat Valencia, who has clearly shown himself to be competitive with the "big boys", I'd say it's far from going out on a limb that those two could both be 3x'ers or better. We'll see where they end up. One thing's clear. . . . amalone is hoping like heck it's not Iowa. So long, bud.

Surprised nobody picked up on amalone's WOB. . . . "Wonder lust". . . . Pretty original.

When I hover over my avatar in the upper right corner, I don't get a drop-down menu. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot, bruce. You'll never guess who will be the first to get ignored in the new format. . . . But before amalone disappears from my view, I'll just note that Hall and Lee would only need to be 3x'ers to surpass the impact of Taylor and Ruth. Considering that Lee has obliterated everything in his path so far and that Hall easily beat Valencia, who has clearly shown himself to be competitive with the "big boys", I'd say it's far from going out on a limb that those two could both be 3x'ers or better. We'll see where they end up. One thing's clear. . . . amalone is hoping like heck it's not Iowa. So long, bud.

I'll bet the farm that it's not Iowa. When was the last year Iowa got an elite recruit? I'm asking that seriously. It's been all the talk on here. When will Tom and his coaches become accountable for a lack of elite, talent recruiting?

I don't think Iowa's ever landed an elite recruit. Must just be my "wonder lust".

Last edited:
You were posting during the Abe, Hughes, Hughes, McCoy "run"? Amazing no idea this board was around at that time. Good job avoiding a pretty direct question. Let's see if I can phrase it differently....... did you post considerably more the Penn State 'Taylor/Ruth' run then you did during this previous campaign?
This is his make-up. He's an arrogant jackoff when things are flying high @Ped State. When they are not... he's pretty quiet. I'm guessing his absence some time ago was there was no communication allowed out from the asylum. I give it until the start of the season before he's blacklisted here. In fact... I just googled the term "bandwagon fan", and lo and behold... there's a one word definition... AMALOON.

Reactions: hawkeyesports92
Have no idea where Hall will end up but if he can stay healthy he will be at least a 4 time AA and maybe a 4 time champion. The way he toyed with Nolf who is also a stud kinda makes me a believer.

Amalone, as soon as it was apparent that Iowa was going to lose the NCAAs, you started up with your old crap. Besides, Iowa is a "relic of the past" as you have stated in the past, why would you want to be seen here anyways? Not like we are still relevant in college or USA wrestling anyways.

Last edited:
A few comments regarding predicting 4x'ers. I generally would not do it based on HS credentials. There have been so many "second comings" that didn't pan out... far exceeding those that did live up to the hype.

Injuries can derail a superstar. Schlatter, like Metcalf looked destined for multiple titles. 1st as a true fr, demolishing the prior years ncaa champ Esposito. Then 3rd, then ? 7th, then DNP.

Nickerson also looked like a potential. Injury (shoulder) prevented him from reaching anything more than 1 title.

Altons, Moores (Nate and Nick), Scott Winston, and so many others.... all looked great on paper for HS, but for one reason or another, things don't work out so gloriously.

Just a hunch... it wouldn't surprise me if Marstellar doesn't win ncaa 4x's and many called him the greatest in PA history. Winning it once is not guaranteed.

Taylor and Ruth were two that had phenomenal careers. Besides winning multiple ncaa titles and each being 4x AA's, they both racked up bonus pts like crazy. Guys like that just don't come around every year, and to have two on the same team.... well let's give Cael some credit, but he should also count his blessings. Iowa had Metcalf, who likewise had huge contributions to Iowa's success.

I would love to see Iowa get that kind of elite talent. Hall and Lee would fit that bill. Tremendous potential. But jmho, I would not expect 4 titles from each. I'd be happy,... but just saying... only 4 have done it in ncaa history. The odds of anyone doing it are small.

Reactions: amalone
For the record, the horrific thought of Iowa possibly landing Hall and Lee caused our buddy from PSU to go apoplectic and infer more from my post than I actually said. I never predicted that Hall or Lee would be 4-timers -- I said Hall is about as close to a guaranteed 4-timer as there is these days, and I think that's accurate. Not saying he's guaranteed to win 4 titles. Just saying that he's as close as they get to that kind of prospect these days.

Of course, there are all kinds of things that can derail careers and prevent a kid from winning 4 titles. That said, I think most knowledgeable fans recognize that Hall and Lee are a very rare breed. Both kids have been incredibly impressive, and both kids seem to have their heads on straight. I think they're on another level from your usual high school star.

A few comments regarding predicting 4x'ers. I generally would not do it based on HS credentials. There have been so many "second comings" that didn't pan out... far exceeding those that did live up to the hype.

Injuries can derail a superstar. Schlatter, like Metcalf looked destined for multiple titles. 1st as a true fr, demolishing the prior years ncaa champ Esposito. Then 3rd, then ? 7th, then DNP.

Nickerson also looked like a potential. Injury (shoulder) prevented him from reaching anything more than 1 title.

Altons, Moores (Nate and Nick), Scott Winston, and so many others.... all looked great on paper for HS, but for one reason or another, things don't work out so gloriously.

Just a hunch... it wouldn't surprise me if Marstellar doesn't win ncaa 4x's and many called him the greatest in PA history. Winning it once is not guaranteed.

Taylor and Ruth were two that had phenomenal careers. Besides winning multiple ncaa titles and each being 4x AA's, they both racked up bonus pts like crazy. Guys like that just don't come around every year, and to have two on the same team.... well let's give Cael some credit, but he should also count his blessings. Iowa had Metcalf, who likewise had huge contributions to Iowa's success.

I would love to see Iowa get that kind of elite talent. Hall and Lee would fit that bill. Tremendous potential. But jmho, I would not expect 4 titles from each. I'd be happy,... but just saying... only 4 have done it in ncaa history. The odds of anyone doing it are small.

Such a balanced post. Spot on all with all that was said. I think Cael did count his blessings and was fortunate that he had a Taylor and Ruth to build around. When you add in the Megaludis' and Molinaro's... you have the nucleus of a formidable team.

I'm saying that Iowa needs a Metcalf again...coupled with a Tony Ramos... a Derek St. John, a Mike Evans to reach lofty goals. You need at least two superstars to carry a team or a team of elite talent that might all have the potential to AA or half to most, high AA. Arizona St and Ohio State have started an "arms and legs" race and it's for the rest of the NCAA stalwards to keep up.

Last edited:
For the record, the horrific thought of Iowa possibly landing Hall and Lee caused our buddy from PSU to go apoplectic and infer more from my post than I actually said. I never predicted that Hall or Lee would be 4-timers -- I said Hall is about as close to a guaranteed 4-timer as there is these days, and I think that's accurate. Not saying he's guaranteed to win 4 titles. Just saying that he's as close as they get to that kind of prospect these days.

Of course, there are all kinds of things that can derail careers and prevent a kid from winning 4 titles. That said, I think most knowledgeable fans recognize that Hall and Lee are a very rare breed. Both kids have been incredibly impressive, and both kids seem to have their heads on straight. I think they're on another level from your usual high school star.

More balanced and fair assessment. Semantics.

I'll take Rossel's assessment and run with it all day. Spot on with his statements. Agreed with all he wrote and stated. Many high stars haven't panned out. Alton's without a doubt. Injures, head issues can derail a possible promising career. Morgan McIntosh came out as a senior as Mr. Everything. Best recruit in the country, Dave Schultz Award Winner. Took 3rd this year as a Junior. I love his progress... but he wasn't at the level of a Taylor or Ruth. Like Rossel stated... Cael was very fortunate and Penn State fans counted their blessings. Iowa needs those kind of recruits and has NOT gotten them of the recent few years. Even I... wonder why? I assume you do also?

Iowa fans have to hope for some recruiting success to keep up with the BIG TEN heavies and also complete with what Zeke is doing at Arizona State. Guy is recruiting lights out.

I don't think Chance Marstellar wins one title. And I thought the world of his talent. At Penn State, he might NOT win a title.

Chief... Be concise. It was Iowa's performance in the 1st round that dictated my comments. The lack of a of an Iowa champ. Penn State had a champ in a rebuilding year.

Iowa has been stagnant and I'd like to see them change their recruiting strategy and stop going with the Iowa styled kids. Out of the last five years of Iowa wrestling... .the most dynamic wrestler has been Tony Ramos. That's it for me. As an Iowa fan... I'd be less than satisfied. Coming here after the NCAA Championships... there echoed a chorus of disenchantment. Iowa needs to get the Valencia's, the Hall's, the Spencer Lee's and I don't see that happening. Hasn't happened and I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Five years no title... and Penn State and Ohio State duking it out next year for the NC. I'd be asking poignant questions of Brand's and Brand's recruiting strategy. Why are elite kids NOT deciding to go to Iowa? I'm willing to ask the question. I'm NOT blinded by color affiliation. I wonder why the disparity in recruiting is there. It's very apparent to other Iowa fans who are disgruntled with not winning a NC title in the past five years. Those Iowa fans lit up the performance of Iowa's outgoing senior class that had NO National Champs. You have to start asking the relative questions.

Amalone...Quit faking concern for Iowa. You started up when Gilman got pinned. Be honest...it wasn't a rebuilding year at PSU. That usually happens when you lose a lot of talent or have some serious injuries...See Minnesota next year. PSU purposely sat two of its best guys to load up for this year because of Delgado? Stieber? Cael could have had a competitive team at the NCAAs but instead, didn't even win the state of PA yet you are here lecturing us on talent and how we "didn't show up at nationals" despite your team taking 6th. Question Brands all you want...Lord knows we do but how did it feel to cede a year despite having two really good dudes ready to go?

http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/thread...-island-was-bad-hr-is-in-utter-meltdown.4738/
http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/thread...-island-was-bad-hr-is-in-utter-meltdown.4738/

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Amalone...Quit faking concern for Iowa. You started up when Gilman got pinned. Be honest...it wasn't a rebuilding year at PSU. That usually happens when you lose a lot of talent or have some serious injuries...See Minnesota next year. PSU purposely sat two of its best guys to load up for this year because of Delgado? Stieber? Cael could have had a competitive team at the NCAAs but instead, didn't even win the state of PA yet you are here lecturing us on talent and how we "didn't show up at nationals" despite your team taking 6th. Question Brands all you want...Lord knows we do but how did it feel to cede a year despite having two really good dudes ready to go?

Chief... I really am concerned with Tom Brands recruiting approach and think the type of kids and talent level coming in that he's pulling in aren't capable of winning National Titles. That's been apparent for five years. Penn State was in a non competitive year due to red shirting. Coaches choice along with wrestler input. On top of sitting Nico and Zain... they sat Jason Nolf who beat Chance Marstellar over the wkend, gave James Green all he could handle and beat Brian Realbuto of Cornell at 157.

Penn State or it's wrestlers weren't afraid of Hunter Steiber or Jesse Delgado. Both had been beat by Penn State wrestlers. Please. Delgado pinned by Nico, prior.

The difference is I knew going in that Penn State was only a top ten team. Iowa fans after the Big Tens were predicting a National Team title. No way with NO clear champion and an under performing cast other than Cory Clark.

I'm hoping for and reasonably expect nothing less than another National Title for Penn State this coming year. Where do you see Iowa placing? Realistically?

Cael hedged his bets on a great run, loaded team in 2016. It looks preliminarily, like he made a no brainer, spot on call.

Last edited:
Have no idea where Hall will end up but if he can stay healthy he will be at least a 4 time AA and maybe a 4 time champion. The way he toyed with Nolf who is also a stud kinda makes me a believer.
Haven't seen the match, but did he toy with Nolf? Sounds like Nolf's near total inexperience with freestyle (and a few long challenges taking away Nolf's conditioning advantage) had a lot to do with the outcome.

I don't see Lee, for example, not murdering a freestyle neophyte - hell, he techs guys like Daton Fix.

Amalone hates Iowa with a passion. It all stems from jealously I assure you. Now that Cael is in Pennsylvania he can't stop running his mouth. Show some respect to the UOFI Amalone, a program that has helped save the sport we all love. Don't come over hear spouting off about how or who you think Iowa should recruit.

Chief... I really am concerned with Tom Brands recruiting approach and think the type of kids and talent level coming in that he's pulling in aren't capable of winning National Titles. That's been apparent for five years. Penn State was in a non competitive year due to red shirting. Coaches choice along with wrestler input. On top of sitting Nico and Zain... they sat Jason Nolf who beat Chance Marstellar over the wkend, gave James Green all he could handle and beat Brian Realbuto of Cornell at 157.

Penn State or it's wrestlers weren't afraid of Hunter Steiber or Jesse Delgado. Both had been beat by Penn State wrestlers. Please. Delgado pinned by Nico, prior.

The difference is I knew going in that Penn State was only a top ten team. Iowa fans after the Big Tens were predicting a National Team title. No way with NO clear champion and an under performing cast other than Cory Clark.

I'm hoping for and reasonably expect nothing less than another National Title for Penn State this coming year. Where do you see Iowa placing? Realistically?

Cael hedged his bets on a great run, loaded team in 2016. It looks preliminarily, like he made a no brainer, spot on call.
Oh yeah, "Iowa Fans" of all kinds were predicting blowing out the competition at Nationals after being Co-Big Ten Champs, and losing to Missouri at National Duals. LOL! And not 1 Big Ten individual Champ. Yeah, we were all going nuts about the blowout about to take place in St. Louis.................................

Most of the country had Iowa penciled in after they dismantled Okie State and Minnesota early, then beat Ohio State and Penn State in duals, all on the road. Fun to be sure, but the scoring doesn't equate at Nationals. Totally different animal. Some realize this, some don't. Iowa did have several potential Finalists, none remotely close to a sure thing. Gilman and Telford both brain-locked and didn't make it happen, that ended any chance. Iowa's "stars" were seeded 6,3,4,3,3. Not your murderers row by any stretch of the imagination.

I personally picked Ohio State at the start of the year, then was leaning toward Missouri down the stretch, along with fOSU. I considered Iowa with a chip and a chance, which they had.

So when you say Iowa "fans", you'll have to be more specific. Was it 13 out of a million? 27? 64? Otherwise it makes it look like you don't know what the hell you're talking about, and there are plenty of "old" threads that would prove just that.

Malone doing the unthinkable, making me root for O$U after Iowa pretty much anyone over anybody he supports, by the way once again nice job dodging a simple question.

That link you provided was very insightful.
Wow.:confused:o_O:confused:o_O

Yeah I was a part of that link Chief provided. It's like Amalone was just waiting for OSU to seal up the Championship so he could unleash his hate. He said some really nasty things and even had fellow Penn State fans shaking their head at him

Now that brucefan has clued me in on the ignore feature, I'm an authority on the subject. It's much more effective in this format than in the old one, but it takes some searching to find it. One great way to rid this board of Iowa-hating knuckleheads is for the majority of us to make use of that feature. As brucefan predicted, I'm quite sure that my IQ has increased a good bit and that my BP is down about 10 points. Happy to help my fellow Hawk fans figure it out if anyone's interested.

I'm holding off on the ignore feature until we, as a group, goad the Ped State idiot into getting himself banned. With his apparent somewhat limited intelligence, I'd say it's more of a matter of when, not if, it happens. At that point... this forum can return to being the home of the best wrestling fans in the country.

So, Amaloon, carry on! Come on... we know you're trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT