ADVERTISEMENT

USA Freestyle rankings

Kyle Dake #4 behind Tayor and Howe? Is he the least respected wrestler in history?

Kyle Dake #4 behind Tayor and Howe? Is he the least respected wrestler in history?

It's probably because he hasn't wrestled a whole lot lately. Andrew Howe taking Silver at the Ivan Yarygin is pretty impressive. They always say if Dake is healthy he is the second best guy at this weight, but the problem is he always seems to be hampered by something.

Surprised to see Dustin Schlatter's name pop up. I didn't know that he was back wrestling. Guess he was back for one tournament, but surprised to see him at #2. I guess if he is healthy again, he could be a force to recon with.

Surprised to see Dustin Schlatter's name pop up. I didn't know that he was back wrestling. Guess he was back for one tournament, but surprised to see him at #2. I guess if he is healthy again, he could be a force to recon with.
Dustin got second at the Schultz losing 1-1 on tiebreaker to Marable. Took second in a Cuban tournament as well. Representing USA an the Pan Am's as well.

Dake suffered a serious foot fracture/dislocation, requiring surgery, and after that, came back briefly and I believe suffered a fractured scapula.

Hopefully he's healthy now, and would love to see him at full strength for US Open (haven't actually read anything officially, regarding his participation). Taylor has made strides and not sure who I'd pick in a Dake v Taylor rematch.

Those seem like two pretty unusual injuries for a wrestler. Never heard of a wrestler fracturing his scapula, although I assume it's happened before. In any case, seems a little odd for the same guy to have both of those. Hopefully a potentially great career doesn't get sunk by a slew of injuries.

Wonder if McDonough is considering going up a weight. Coleman is not impressing me to be listed as #1

He's the #2 guy at his weight and he hasn't wrestled Ramos yet, so I don't think so. And no matter who finishes runner-up, I hope they challenge the University Nationals champion and try and pick up more HWC hardware that way.

Of course, Matt needs to do what's best for his chances at World and Olympic medals, but I, too, would like to see him beef up a little to give us a chance at 3 Hawks on World and Olympic teams. However, given the reduced weight classes, that's a pretty big bump up in weight. That said, Matt looks great with some more weight on him and is tough as nails. Would be cool if he made the jump.

Of course, Matt needs to do what's best for his chances at World and Olympic medals, but I, too, would like to see him beef up a little to give us a chance at 3 Hawks on World and Olympic teams. However, given the reduced weight classes, that's a pretty big bump up in weight. That said, Matt looks great with some more weight on him and is tough as nails. Would be cool if he made the jump.

Yeah, I mean the reason 61 kg is open in the first place is because Jimmy Kennedy bumped to 65 to get his body ready for his Olympic run.

Looks like he felt pretty good

70 kilos: Dustin Schlatter, Minneapolis, Minn. (Minnesota Storm), 1st WIN Esteban Sanchez (Colombia), tech. fall, 10-0
WIN Ahmed Shamiya (Canada), tech. fall 10-0
WIN Juan Pablo Peralto (Chile), tech. fall 11-0
WIN Lincoln Messias (Brazil), tech. fall 10-0

Looks like he felt pretty good

70 kilos: Dustin Schlatter, Minneapolis, Minn. (Minnesota Storm), 1st WIN Esteban Sanchez (Colombia), tech. fall, 10-0
WIN Ahmed Shamiya (Canada), tech. fall 10-0
WIN Juan Pablo Peralto (Chile), tech. fall 11-0
WIN Lincoln Messias (Brazil), tech. fall 10-0

What a great story it is that he was able to come back and be so relevant after his injuries and such a long time off the mat. I thought he was done until his recent comeback. Hope his run can continue and he can fill in the 70 kilo spot for us - one in which we are relatively weak.

How long was it between significant competetive matches for him?

What a great story it is that he was able to come back and be so relevant after his injuries and such a long time off the mat. I thought he was done until his recent comeback. Hope his run can continue and he can fill in the 70 kilo spot for us - one in which we are relatively weak.

How long was it between significant competetive matches for him?
How don't know how top flight the competition was, but that's some butt kicking! Good for Dustin Schlatter. The kid obviously had a ton of talent when healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT