ADVERTISEMENT

Visitors

Have not seen any indication from twitter reports today that charlie moore is in iowa city. Is he for sure here today?

Have not seen any indication from twitter reports today that charlie moore is in iowa city. Is he for sure here today?

He hasn't posted on twitter for two days. I suspect he is on his visit. Just my opinion...but he'd be nuts not to commit now before someone else does. Wide open playing time...running offense...athletes all around him. And most importantly a coach that is WAY better than Groce at Illinois. Of course, I'm not biased or anything....whatever...happened...to Coombs? :)

Reactions: freemanbrenner
He hasn't posted on twitter for two days. I suspect he is on his visit. Just my opinion...but he'd be nuts not to commit now before someone else does. Wide open playing time...running offense...athletes all around him. And most importantly a coach that is WAY better than Groce at Illinois. Of course, I'm not biased or anything....whatever...happened...to Coombs? :)
Biased or not fran can really coach. I know why you are saying though.

You don't see frans teams playing "hero ball" the way illinois does.

I can't say too much. I'm riding such a high on Iowa Basketball right now I can't think straight. I know the Big Ten is going to be brutally tough this year but it is so freaking awesome to have a solid group of guys back and all these newbies who talk like they've got the right idea about how to approach their roles.

I saw that Michigan just suffered from their 5* recruit, Battle, from the 2016 class decommiting. And, sadly, one of Minnesota's 2015 class point guards has been ruled medically unable to play, for good, due to a heart problem. (That one, all my best wishes to the kid.)

We have a guy who can get 25/night if he wants, experienced ball handlers and a true center. All of our new guys look to be excellent athletes.

I think this program is still ascending at a really nice clip.

Fran has been on Moore early...I'm sure we have as good of shot of getting a verbal as Illinois does (unless someone else enters the picture)...we shall see...just not today.

DanL nailed it - you would think that a 2016 PG with an Iowa offer would jump at the chance to commit to a team that is graduating two veteran PGs and join a group of five promising athletes signed in the class just ahead of him.

Add to that: a program on the rise, a coach who prefers an up tempo style, first class training facilities, a basketball conference which is arguably the best in the country, a die-hard fan base, and one of the better public universities in America,

What's not to like?

Reactions: BDinIC
DanL nailed it - you would think that a 2016 PG with an Iowa offer would jump at the chance to commit to a team that is graduating two veteran PGs and join a group of five promising athletes signed in the class just ahead of him.

Add to that: a program on the rise, a coach who prefers an up tempo style, first class training facilities, a basketball conference which is arguably the best in the country, a die-hard fan base, and one of the better public universities in America,

What's not to like?

I hope he makes his own decision; not one based on those pushing him to Illinois. He has a lot of opportunity awaiting him in Iowa City ... But is the thought of telling some of those close to him "no" too much to eventually overcome?

ADVERTISEMENT