ADVERTISEMENT

WBB AAU

Honestly it happens all the time at the highest level. Logistics for high level club sports is pretty insane in general. I wasn't a good athlete growing up and I lived in a small town. But I've been exposed to basketball and soccer at high levels and some of the travel stuff is just nuts.

Played AAU ball in the 80's and just leaving the state at that time was a big deal.

Minnesota is sort of a hotbed for BB recruits. It will be interesting to see if Dawn Plitzewiet - who has a reputation as a pretty good recruiter and coach - is able to keep any future top MN recruits home to play for the Gophers. Too late for Greenway (hopefully).

Lindsay Whalen was a college and WNBA star in Minnesota, but as coach she wasn't able to get the talent to stay home. I could see Plitzewie struggling with that as well. Minnesota has always been a state that produces quite a bit of basketball (men's and women's) and football talent, but for decades now they haven't been able to keep the best from leaving the state for college. If they ever achieve that in football or basketball, they could be really good.

Reactions: nu2u
It would seem the Gophers would have an advantage being local, in a metro area with things going on etc, but that seems to work more against them than for them. They have to share time and attention with the pro teams and mostly play second fiddle. Plus, their fans just suck, so that doesn't help.

If anyone is interested, here's the stream for Boo Williams:

A lot of our 2025-26 recruits are playing on these teams.

All Iowa Attack (Court 1) - Jenica Lewis, Jordan Speiser, Addison Bjorn, Chloe Johnson, etc.
North Tartan (Court 4) - Maddyn Greenway

Just started.

#4 hit 3 long three’3 consecutively at the end of the half. Not sure but I think it was speiser

Reactions: Torg
If anyone is interested, here's the stream for Boo Williams:

A lot of our 2025-26 recruits are playing on these teams.

All Iowa Attack (Court 1) - Jenica Lewis, Jordan Speiser, Addison Bjorn, Chloe Johnson, etc.
North Tartan (Court 4) - Maddyn Greenway

Just started.
Thanks for posting the link....

Team Taurasi beat AIA in Cali last week. They have a 2027 guard that is short but quick. She has a step back to her left that is tough to guard

Team Taurasi beat AIA in Cali last week. They have a 2027 guard that is short but quick. She has a step back to her left that is tough to guard
Yeah, she was really quick number 11. Whoever gets hers is getting a good one.

Reactions: Torg
Jordan Speiser was the leading scorer on her team at 14 points and 4-7 from 3 point range.
Addison Bjorn was the leading rebounder
on her team with 12 rebounds. No one else
on her team had more than 4 rebounds.
Go Hawks... catch a recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and HIWILLE
#2 on All Iowa Attack is the only girl I can’t identify. Someone out there knows her last name I hope.

Beat another 4-0 team today from Alabama, 70-49.
Friday gave "Team Taurasi" their only loss of the tournament as well.
Team Essence is who they beat. They have a 6'7 post whose mom seems to like Jan. 2027 Jayla Forbes. Probably a project at this point while she works on strength, conditioning, agility to catch up to her height.

Last edited:
Maddyn Greenway in today’s loss by 2 points to the Fairfax Stars scored 25 points but didn’t get much help from her North Tartan teammates as the 2nd leading scorer scored 12 points, 3rd leading scorer scored only 6 points. Everyone else on the team scored less than 6 points. Looks like Maddyn is the offense for her team and has to carry them from time to time.

Last edited:
Raina was at Boo Williams and I saw a picture of Jan as well. Not sure where Stamp is. With Skinner and McGaughy on the Adidas circuit in Texas, I would hope someone was present. Saw video of Mulkey & Kara Lawson there.

Reactions: Nile High
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT