ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting

South Shore's Gustafson Signs NLI with Iowa

mgust-475x475.jpg

This post was edited on 11/18 8:32 PM by cyberhawk

Makenzie had 23 in the opener, a win over Clear Lake. Then 22 in a loss to #5 Iowa City West.

Bre Cera scored 16 and 15 points in her first two games to start 2-0. The team scores 45-50 points per contest, so her totals were good.

As far as I can tell..........
Tania Davis and Alesis Sevillian start on Dec 3
Hannah Stewart starts on Dec 5
Tagyn Larson starts on Dec 13

Not sure on Megan Gustafson

http://metrosportsreport.com/index....43:ollinger-stands-above-the-crowd&&Itemid=68

College coaches were allowed to visit juniors in their homes from Sept. 9 through Sept. 27. Ollinger figures she had 10 or 12 of those, including a visit from Stanford Coach Tara VanDerveer, who runs one of the top programs in the country."That was really nice to meet her," said Ollinger. "It was a really good experience. I learned a lot from it."

Stanford, Louisville, Michigan, Iowa, Iowa State, Florida, Northwestern, Wisconsin and other coaches found their way to Cedar Rapids. Ollinger narrowed it down to Iowa, Stanford, Florida, Michigan and Iowa State
before picking the Hawkeyes.

This post was edited on 11/26 3:56 PM by cyberhawk

Megan Gustafson started her season last night, She scored 37 points ( with 16 rebounds, 17-22 from the field ) in the win. She had 7 blocks and 8 steals.

This post was edited on 12/3 6:28 PM by oakhawk

'Megan Gustafson started her season last night, She scored 37 points ( with 16 rebounds, 17-22 from the field ) in the win. She had 7 blocks and 8 steals.'

Now if she can just duplicate those numbers as a Hawkeye.
wink.r191677.gif

Bre Cera had 23 in a tight ballgame to help her team to a 4-0 record.

This post was edited on 12/3 7:29 PM by oakhawk

Bre

Mackenzie has been playing AAU ball with All Iowa Attack and Kingdom Hoops since 4th grade. She has gotten plenty of exposure. She grew 3 inches from 9th to 10th grade, is now 5'10".

Amanda Ollinger had 25 points and 20 rebounds in her last game. Now averaging 20 points and 13 rebounds per game.

Originally posted by oakhawk:
Alexis Sevillian had19 and Tania Davis had 17 in their opener.
Gustafson 37 points & 16rebounds; Ollinger 25 & 20, Cera scoring a third of the points for an undefeated team, Meyer averaging over 20 PPG, and two future Hawkeyes in seniors Larson & Stewart likely to have many 20 point games and average well into double digits on rebounds are yet to be heard from. What we need now is to hear that Bluder has gotten a 5th commitment in this year's junior class from one of the star [post players she is hot after.

We are going to need these bigger girls. The Louisville game was like watching Iowa play men. They were far bigger and stronger.

Gee, we sure could use a 6-footer who can shoot 3s, like City High's Courtney Joens did last night, making 8 of 10 and scoring 42 points. Oh, I forgot, we didn't have room for her.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by hawkfan55:
Gee, we sure could use a 6-footer who can shoot 3s, like City High's Courtney Joens did last night, making 8 of 10 and scoring 42 points. Oh, I forgot, we didn't have room for her.
City High wasnt playing louisville either

Wow... the lunacy has now permeated even women's basketball.

Courtney's sister , Ashley, a 5-9 FR, had 29 in her first game. maybe she will be better.
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/6 6:02 PM by oakhawk

Megan Gustafson's second game? Another monster. She had 40 points (18-27), 14 rebounds, 8 blocks, and 7 steals.

Hannah Stewart had 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 blocks in an opening game win.

The
Minot Ryan girls basketball team defeated Thompson 63-35 in its season
opener and in doing so broke the North Dakota Class B and overall state
record for consecutive victories.

This post was edited on 12/6 7:02 PM by oakhawk

Hannah

Originally posted by kidnatural:
City High wasnt playing louisville either
I believe the Iowa coaching staff considered Courtney for their program just as they consider many other top midwest players such as Megan Gustafson's AAU teammate Jasmin Samz (2015 St Louis University commit). It's unfortunate when a very good player (especially a local one) wants to play for Iowa (assuming Courtney wanted to play for Iowa) and the staff makes the very difficult decision not to offer her a scholarship.
For a less controversial analogy, compare the statistics of senior Courtney Joens to juniors Mackenzie Meyer and Amanda Ollinger from last summer's All Iowa Attack.

2014 All Iowa Attack Statistics

Who is Jessica Shepard?
Originally posted by vincebrookins:
Christina didn't play n many AAU tournaments. That is where much of the star rankings come from.

Could the same be said about Mackenzie Meyer? I don't understand why she isn't ranked.
Mackenzie has been playing for All Iowa Attack for at least the last two years as far as I can determine. Last summer she played up one year as did AIA teammate and co-commit Amanda Ollinger. Mackenzie was the second leading scorer (after Nebraska native, Huskers 2015 commit and former HS teammate of Alexa Kastanek, Jess Shepard) despite being a year younger than most of her teammates and opponents. Amanda, (also a year younger) was the fourth leading scorer and second in rebounds per game. Both Mackenzie and Amanda shot the ball with very high percentage. Mackenzie lead the team in steals.

Also should mention she is a consensus prep All-American.

This post was edited on 12/7 6:12 PM by cyberhawk

Originally posted by vincebrookins:

'Megan Gustafson started her season last night, She scored 37 points ( with 16 rebounds, 17-22 from the field ) in the win. She had 7 blocks and 8 steals.'

Now if she can just duplicate those numbers as a Hawkeye.
wink.r191677.gif

Here is a link to follow Megan's season statistics.

My apology Hawkfan55. I was thinking that Courtney was committed (signed LOI) to Illinois. Do you know if she wanted to play for Iowa? If so, it is a shame that she will not be able to live that dream. I believe Trisha Nesbit wanted to play for ISU. Looking back now, I think she would say that her circumstance turned out well.

Originally posted by cyberhawk:
I believe Trisha Nesbit wanted to play for ISU. Looking back now, I think she would say that her circumstance turned out well.
Too bad she couldn't bring her then boyfriend Harrison Barnes to Iowa with her
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by cyberhawk:
My apology Hawkfan55. I was thinking that Courtney was committed (signed LOI) to Illinois. Do you know if she wanted to play for Iowa? If so, it is a shame that she will not be able to live that dream. I believe Trisha Nesbit wanted to play for ISU. Looking back now, I think she would say that her circumstance turned out well.
Courtney is a junior who has verbally committed to Illinois. I think she would have liked to play for Iowa but there were simply not enough scholarships available and she just got caught up in a numbers/availability crunch.

This post was edited on 12/8 12:51 PM by Hawk24

cyberhawk...thank you for posting the updates on the Hawk recruits! Always good to read about the future Hawks. Lisa has a bunch of studs lined up!!!

ADVERTISEMENT