ADVERTISEMENT

We might actually have a chance against Illinois State.

...and the stupidity of kids who have the world by the short ones goes on and on.

And could be just me, but if you're going to remove one of their studs, I rather it be Roberson. We can key on a good running back. We have had trouble with QB's who posses the skills the Tre does since...well, a really long time. I still see a very difficult game.

...and the stupidity of kids who have the world by the short ones goes on and on.

And could be just me, but if you're going to remove one of their studs, I rather it be Roberson. We can key on a good running back. We have had trouble with QB's who posses the skills the Tre does since...well, a really long time. I still see a very difficult game.

Do you recall how Iowa fared against elite RB's last year?

Johnson, Gordon, and Coleman all went for over 200 yards from scrimmage.

I get that--although I don't think you can put anyone on Gordon's level--but those guys had arm help. My point was that Roberson will likely cause us more trouble.

You do realize that they lost their 3 best receiving targets and 3 O-Linemen, correct?

Every game will be a nail bitter. That's the style of play that Kirk loves. Hopefully the Hawks decide to step on the gas this year.

I get that--although I don't think you can put anyone on Gordon's level--but those guys had arm help. My point was that Roberson will likely cause us more trouble.

What is "arm" help? Indiana and Wisconsin had two of the most one-dimensional offenses in the country.

You do realize that they lost their 3 best receiving targets and 3 O-Linemen, correct?
You realize Iowa lost an all time leading receiver (as well as a very promising freshman WR), a starting QB, a starting RB (FB), and two starting offensive linemen (maybe three)?
You realize Iowa only beat a 5-7 Ball State last year due to a 4th quarter, come from behind, hurry up offense, correct?
You realize Iowa lost to a 2-10 ISU team while scoring the least points against the cyclones all year, correct?

I have no idea what will happen that game, but I don't think it is wise to try to call any poster out for saying we might have a tough game against Illinois State next year.

I'm happy to wager my posting on that game, you apparently aren't. Hell, you would just change screen names again anyway...pretending everybody doesn't know who you are.

Exactly. Not saying Iowa is going to win by 50 but for the mention of Gordon and Coleman big difference is look at the OL they had. There is big difference in caliber of MVC vs a BIG 10 OL. Yes David Johnson had 200 yds on mainly 3 big catches but look at the lack of running game he had that day. Plus I know people are doom and gloom on Iowa's Off so far but again Iowa isn't facing an elite Illinois St defense. Yes ISU and Ball St games weren't good but Indiana and N'western better than both of those teams the Hawks played great. Thing is can't base first game off a result from last year. I expect offense struggles at times but think our D will be improved.

I feel sorry for the some of the people who have to watch Iowa games with some you people. I bet they'd be up 20 and you are still bitching about how they should have more points.

With the RB playing I was worried about their offense but not now.
They lost a very good receiver and TE and some olineman.

You're such a loser. Nobody cares if you stop posting, so have at it.

I, however, am an extremely valuable member of the board.

Apparently you value yourself differently than most the rest of us. A power-packed concentrate as it were. Well, good for you, Sparky.

Take this home with you for dinner. "We" don't want Bobby Diaco as coach. Never, ever will either.

Apparently you value yourself differently than most the rest of us. A power-packed concentrate as it were. Well, good for you, Sparky.

Take this home with you for dinner. "We" don't want Bobby Diaco as coach. Never, ever will either.

I'll second that.

Looks like it's time to be forced to change your screen name again. Very bizarre.

One would have to think that Illinois State is better han Iowa State, Ball State, and Northern Iowa, (Ill State split with UNI) all three Iowa struggled with last season, and with Illinois State having a tremendous season last year.

How's Ill. State's defense look, anybody know?

ADVERTISEMENT