ADVERTISEMENT

What do we have to be excited for?

Originally posted by UIHawkGuy8:
We are closer to kirk being gone with every day that passes. I look forward to that day. Wish him well. And thank him for the good times. But he has effed up his goodwill
Posted from Rivals Mobile
This!

KF said he was looking at the Green Bay offense. SO expect the GB 1966 offense to show up.

Well, you could be excited about family, friends, cold beer, having a good dog, pretty women, good food, and keeping college football in perspective. Alas, I feel none of those would be something you "have to excited for." Maybe the world will end and you can get excited about that. If not, just be excited about your misery and negativity. At least you know you have la multitude of friends just like you.

Hey, another poster that thinks big time CFB is just a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon(or morning if you are mediocre and only get 11 AM games). It has become a big business most places where results are evaluated and changes made when appropriate; Iowa just hasn't realized that yet.

Originally posted by joemc2:

Hey, another poster that thinks big time CFB is just a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon(or morning if you are mediocre and only get 11 AM games). It has become a big business most places where results are evaluated and changes made when appropriate; Iowa just hasn't realized that yet.
You gotta love people that come to sports websites and tell other people not to take sports so seriously.

It takes a special kind of retard to pull that off.

I wish someone would counter the whole "I remember the 60's and 70's" crowd with "I remember the 50's"....

If I hear arguments about the 60's and 70's one more time after an Iowa loss, I will vomit.

Originally posted by MadDogC:
Hey 2222...

You are aware that HF played the likes of Nebby, OU, UCLA and Miami in some of those years(?)...and Penn St when they were not yet a conference foe...nothing like our schedules these days...

I'm sure he is, and I'm sure you're aware that Fry lost the majority of those contests.

Originally posted by OtayLake Hawkeye:

Originally posted by MadDogC:
Hey 2222...

You are aware that HF played the likes of Nebby, OU, UCLA and Miami in some of those years(?)...and Penn St when they were not yet a conference foe...nothing like our schedules these days...

I'm sure he is, and I'm sure you're aware that Fry lost the majority of those contests.
So you would agree that there was less win column padding with Fry since he didn't play Middle Arkansas State Tech School for the Blind nearly as often as Kirk?

a coach who will continually promote certain kids and tell us how wonderful people that play for him are as a distraction to their play.

a coach that will get faked out by 8 straight fake punts in a row.

a coach that still can't manage the clock and or timeouts properly after 15 years.

a coach that will put back ups/walk-ons back to field punts when there are 25 stronger / faster / quicker / more agile athletes on the roster.

a coach that will put certain kids on a short leash and never give them a shot again when his preferred yes man gets to make mistakes over and over and over and never get pulled or lose PT.

very exciting, can't wait...
rolleyes.r191677.gif

the post game of the 2014 Pittsburgh Iowa game should tell this fan base everything it needs to know.

performance means little for this head coach and that is why this program is .500 and going nowhere.

Originally posted by Phenomenally Frantastic:
a coach who will continually promote certain kids and tell us how wonderful people that play for him are as a distraction to their play. You're right, he should belittle kids every chance he gets, pre-game, post-game, weekly call in show, etc.....

a coach that will get faked out by 8 straight fake punts in a row. Just make sh8t up for affect, would ya. Name 8 in a row! I believe the only fake punt in the last 2 years was stopped for a loss by Kirksey. But don't let facts get in the way of an ignorant rant.

a coach that still can't manage the clock and or timeouts properly after 15 years. What an original line. Never heard anyone of you couch coaching geniuses ever say this before.

a coach that will put back ups/walk-ons back to field punts when there are 25 stronger / faster / quicker / more agile athletes on the roster. Who are the 25? Name them please by strength and 40 times. Are you at practice? Seen anyone one of them attempt to catch and return a punt? Are you really this stupid to think they wouldn't put the kid that does the best in practice on the field?

a coach that will put certain kids on a short leash and never give them a shot again when his preferred yes man gets to make mistakes over and over and over and never get pulled or lose PT. Yeah, that's how it works. Do you really believe KF decides who plays at every position, every game? Well, then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought and clearly are showing your total ignorance to how things work in college football. Try to learn something before you post again.

rolleyes.r191677.gif
You don't have to wait. LEAVE!

the post game of the 2014 Pittsburgh Iowa game should tell this fan base everything it needs to know. You are not the 'fan base' nor do you represent them. You and you're totally ignorant whiney little b*tch club are not the average fan.

performance means little for this head coach and that is why this program is .500 and going nowhere. Performance means little? I can't even dignify this pathetically ignorant statement with a response.

Just the same old, same old bs. You don't know a fvcking thing about Iowa football or college football in general. You have heard other little whiney b*tches say this stuff over and over and think you feel really important by regurgitating it again. You're a small, small person, but If you're going to be stupid, at least be original......

This post was edited on 3/6 4:10 PM by MattFoleyHawk

So, Buck my boy, you admit that I pulled it off? Thanks for being honest and eating crow. Hope you do not vomit like the poor guy who hates remembering the 60's and 70's. You guys have to be related or have gone to the same school. Have a good morning.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

a coach who will continually promote certain kids and tell us how wonderful people that play for him are as a distraction to their play. You're right, he should belittle kids every chance he gets, pre-game, post-game, weekly call in show, etc.....

a coach that will get faked out by 8 straight fake punts in a row. Just make sh8t up for affect, would ya. Name 8 in a row! I believe the only fake punt in the last 2 years was stopped for a loss by Kirksey. But don't let facts get in the way of an ignorant rant.

a coach that still can't manage the clock and or timeouts properly after 15 years. What an original line. Never heard anyone of you couch coaching geniuses ever say this before.

a coach that will put back ups/walk-ons back to field punts when there are 25 stronger / faster / quicker / more agile athletes on the roster. Who are the 25? Name them please by strength and 40 times. Are you at practice? Seen anyone one of them attempt to catch and return a punt? Are you really this stupid to think they wouldn't put the kid that does the best in practice on the field?

a coach that will put certain kids on a short leash and never give them a shot again when his preferred yes man gets to make mistakes over and over and over and never get pulled or lose PT. Yeah, that's how it works. Do you really believe KF decides who plays at every position, every game? Well, then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought and clearly are showing your total ignorance to how things work in college football. Try to learn something before you post again.

rolleyes.r191677.gif

the post game of the 2014 Pittsburgh Iowa game should tell this fan base everything it needs to know. You are not the 'fan base' nor do you represent them. You and you're totally ignorant whiney little b*tch club are not the average fan.

performance means little for this head coach and that is why this program is .500 and going nowhere. Performance means little? I can't even dignify this pathetically ignorant statement with a response.

Just the same old, same old bs. You don't know a fvcking thing about Iowa football or college football in general. You have heard other little whiney b*tches say this stuff over and over and think you feel really important by regurgitating it again. You're a small, small person, but If you're going to be stupid, at least be original......

"a coach that will get faked out by 8 straight fake punts in a row. Just make sh8t up for affect, would ya. Name 8 in a row! I believe the only fake punt in the last 2 years was stopped for a loss by Kirksey. But don't let facts get in the way of an ignorant rant."

Not sure why you threw in a qualifier like "last two years" Matt, but while he overshot it a tad, he was much closer than you are letting on.

"Fake" and "punt" probably are the two words Iowa football fans despise more than any right now.

Maybe fans fear the words fake punt because Saturday's 26-14 loss to Michigan State marked the sixth time since the 2010 season that Iowa has been burned by one.

http://archive.hawkcentral.com/2013/10/05/pat-harty-fake-punt-burns-iowa-again/

But don't let that get in the way of an ignorant rant.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

rolleyes.r191677.gif

"a coach that will get faked out by 8 straight fake punts in a row. Just make sh8t up for affect, would ya. Name 8 in a row! I believe the only fake punt in the last 2 years was stopped for a loss by Kirksey. But don't let facts get in the way of an ignorant rant."

Not sure why you threw in a qualifier like "last two years" Matt, but while he overshot it a tad, he was much closer than you are letting on.

"Fake" and "punt" probably are the two words Iowa football fans despise more than any right now.

Maybe fans fear the words fake punt because Saturday's 26-14 loss to Michigan State marked the sixth time since the 2010 season that Iowa has been burned by one.

http://archive.hawkcentral.com/2013/10/05/pat-harty-fake-punt-burns-iowa-again/

But don't let that get in the way of an ignorant rant.
Lol, yeah, you don't have to be accurate when stating something as fact, which he did. All you have to do is get close. You're hilarious.. I thought I was the funniest person on here, but you're the king! Hail the king, lol.

Originally posted by SingaporeHawk:
So, Buck my boy, you admit that I pulled it off? Thanks for being honest and eating crow. Hope you do not vomit like the poor guy who hates remembering the 60's and 70's. You guys have to be related or have gone to the same school. Have a good morning.
I went to Iowa.

Where did you go, dipshit?

I thought Matt was leaving the board; I guess we weren't that lucky.

Every time you post something stupid I have to respond to, I am going to start off the reply with "Why are you still here, Matt?"

That was a good article Thatsfootball linked to, because of this quote by Ferentz: "So maybe that's the moral of the story, maybe we can't (return punts). It worked pretty good two weeks ago, and then we paid for it today."

So, because his team can't defend a fake, they are coached to not often return one:

Like Weisman and McCarron on kickoff returns, Ben Niemann (17 yard "return" of the block vs. jNW) and Drew Ott (12 yard "return" of Nebraska's ButtPunt(TM)) led Iowa in punt return average. Including those two plays, Iowa ranked 105th nationally (14th in the B1G...again) in punt return average, at 5.2 yards per return. Outside of those two plays, Iowa netted 89 yards on 21 returns (4.2 per) for the season. Nebraska's Pierson-El exceeded that yardage total in the fourth quarter on Black Friday. (Blackheartgoldpants.com)

$4 mill+/ year well spent. Thank God we have Niemann and Ott so we were not dead last in punt returns.

poster bellyache about giving up a fake punt, so KF adjusts to make sure it does not happen again and then posters flat out find another thing to bitch about, if you would watch the game you will see the Punt returners have little to no room to make a return., most of the kickers IA faced don't kick it more than 35-40 yards and the gunners on the punts are there when the returner catches the ball because they are not blocked long enough , again this is because the outside players are set up to stop the fake be it by the run or the pass.

so grzz STFU and go find something else to cry about

Originally posted by gryzz14:
Every time you post something stupid I have to respond to, I am going to start off the reply with "Why are you still here, Matt?"

That was a good article Thatsfootball linked to, because of this quote by Ferentz: "So maybe that's the moral of the story, maybe we can't (return punts). It worked pretty good two weeks ago, and then we paid for it today."

So, because his team can't defend a fake, they are coached to not often return one:

Like Weisman and McCarron on kickoff returns, Ben Niemann (17 yard "return" of the block vs. jNW) and Drew Ott (12 yard "return" of Nebraska's ButtPunt(TM)) led Iowa in punt return average. Including those two plays, Iowa ranked 105th nationally (14th in the B1G...again) in punt return average, at 5.2 yards per return. Outside of those two plays, Iowa netted 89 yards on 21 returns (4.2 per) for the season. Nebraska's Pierson-El exceeded that yardage total in the fourth quarter on Black Friday. (Blackheartgoldpants.com)

$4 mill+/ year well spent. Thank God we have Niemann and Ott so we were not dead last in punt returns.
Why am I still here? Because everyone kept me 'alive'. Wouldn't let my legend die. Thanks for asking.
So anyway, I have to ask, how do you return a fake?
Did you mean 'they are coached not to return punts'? Well, that's about as ignorant as saying they are not coached to return a fake.
Let me explain it to you. Yes, because of all the fake punt attempts against the hawks, they have been staying in 'punt safe' quite a bit. That means they leave their regular defense in except the returners and make sure they punt the ball. Since no 'return' is set up or blocked for, most of the time it is either fair caught or there is a very short return. This is usually determinded by field position and first down distance. They have sent in the 'special team' at times when they have 'return' or 'block' called, but they haven't had too many 'returnable' punts. Big punt returns normally only happen when the punter 'out kicks' his coverage, or under kicks his coverage, which we've seen almost none of lately. They are 'coached' to return punts, you blithering idiot. Oh, and you do realize that people that return blocked punts are almost always going to lead in 'avg. return' yards? Adrian Clayborn led us in 2009 in return average and you do realize that good returners are only going to avg. about 9-12 yds a return, so even if we had a good return year, Niemann and Ott would probably still lead the team, as Paki O'Meara did in 2010. The statistic you need to look at that is the most telling, is the hawks 'opponents' net punting yardage. I don't 'disagree' with your opinion, you didn't state one, I'm just pointing out that you haven't a clue what the hell you're even talking about.....Aren't you glad I'm here before you make more idiotic remarks and really embarrass yourself. Glad I could clear some things up for you.......
P.S. These are not my opinions, they are indisputable facts.....................................

2010 Minnesota game, Reporter: did you consider calling a timeout on that onside kick!?

Kirk: yeah, I was right there and considered calling a timeout there...(trails off)

WELL WHY DIDNT YOU KIRK, YOU ARE THE ***DAMNED HEAD COACH.

mad.r191677.gif

Bucky Boy, what did you see and do when you went to Iowa? Was it for a vacation? Were you just passing through on your way to Kansas or Nebraska for hunting? Your name calling adds so much force to your written work. Did you know college football is a big business? Business wise, Iowa ifootball is fine. Have a good night and sweet dreams. I am finished with you.

"If we don't win 8 games and look competitive in the losses, he gone."

Why are you still here Matt, because the problem is that you do not address very real deficiencies in Iowa's game, but rather obsfucate the issue by deliberating not getting hyperbole. Yeah, Ferentz has not been fooled 8 times in a row by fake punts, but has been fooled a lot more than other coaches have been in the last five years.

Yeah, a blocked punt can be for big yards, if they do not just fall on the ball. The real issue is that Iowa was 105th out of 127 teams in punt returns. Even then, taking that number in isolation may have mitigating factors. But, in tandem with past failures in addressing fake punts and watching the games, there were opportunities for returning punts and not being in "punt safe." It is a reasonable conclusion that those opportunities were not taken when they should have been because of an overly cautious approach to fake punts when the situation did not warrant it.

It is not the swearing or personal attacks that I think is bad in your posts, people can just roll over them. It's when you derail a thread by deliberately not responding to the issues brought up, but instead petulantly demanding when Ferentz was fooled 8 times in a row when everyone knows the poster did not literally state it as "facts."

Why are you still here Matt, because the problem is that you do not address very real deficiencies in Iowa's game, but rather obsfucate the issue by deliberating not getting hyperbole. Yeah, Ferentz has not been fooled 8 times in a row by fake punts, but has been fooled a lot more than other coaches have been in the last five years.

Yeah, a blocked punt can be for big yards, if they do not just fall on the ball. The real issue is that Iowa was 105th out of 127 teams in punt returns. Even then, taking that number in isolation may have mitigating factors. But, in tandem with past failures in addressing fake punts and watching the games, there were opportunities for returning punts and not being in "punt safe." It is a reasonable conclusion that those opportunities were not taken when they should have been because of an overly cautious approach to fake punts when the situation did not warrant it.

It is not the swearing or personal attacks that I think is bad in your posts, people can just roll over them. It's when you derail a thread by deliberately not responding to the issues brought up, but instead petulantly demanding when Ferentz was fooled 8 times in a row when everyone knows the poster did not literally state it as "facts."
He stated it as a fact! Period! It's been explained to you idiots dozens of times by many more posters than myself the difference between stating a fact and an opinion, what a hyperbole is, etc... But it is pathetically sad that you and others are incapable of learning. The dumbing down of the world continues.
And where have you been? When someone makes a statement like that, half the people on here take it literally and it is repeated as 'fact' over and over. I've seen it a hundred times. You need to talk to the idiots, not me. What was the issue brought up that the poster I 'corrected' was responding to that didn't derail the thread? Is that 'something to look forward to'? No, it was just some more absolutely idiotic, unsubstantiated, b*tch a** whning. The OP wanted some ideas on what we have to look forward, AND YOU WHINEY A**ES HIJACKED ANOTHER THREAD TO CRY, LIKE YOU DO EVERY THREAD! You think everone wants to listen to you shallow morons cry over and over about the same fvching things for months on end. STFU!!!
And no it is not the number one issue. Can you read? We can lead the b10 in avg. punt return yardage and still be last in 'net punting' allowed. That is ALL every college coach cares about, dumba**. If you people would ever shut up you could actually LEARN something. But unless you have a clue about coaching, the inner workings of a big time football program, etc. you don't have a fvcking clue what you are talking about, so either coach, go to school, study it, something, and then get back to me. But you won't and if you did, you would understand how absolutely fvcking ignorant you wannabe's are....

He stated it as a fact! Period! It's been explained to you idiots dozens of times by many more posters than myself the difference between stating a fact and an opinion, what a hyperbole is, etc... But it is pathetically sad that you and others are incapable of learning. The dumbing down of the world continues.
And where have you been? When someone makes a statement like that, half the people on here take it literally and it is repeated as 'fact' over and over. I've seen it a hundred times. You need to talk to the idiots, not me. What was the issue brought up that the poster I 'corrected' was responding to that didn't derail the thread? Is that 'something to look forward to'? No, it was just some more absolutely idiotic, unsubstantiated, b*tch a** whning. The OP wanted some ideas on what we have to look forward, AND YOU WHINEY A**ES HIJACKED ANOTHER THREAD TO CRY, LIKE YOU DO EVERY THREAD! You think everone wants to listen to you shallow morons cry over and over about the same fvching things for months on end. STFU!!!
And no it is not the number one issue. Can you read? We can lead the b10 in avg. punt return yardage and still be last in 'net punting' allowed. That is ALL every college coach cares about, dumba**. If you people would ever shut up you could actually LEARN something. But unless you have a clue about coaching, the inner workings of a big time football program, etc. you don't have a fvcking clue what you are talking about, so either coach, go to school, study it, something, and then get back to me. But you won't and if you did, you would understand how absolutely fvcking ignorant you wannabe's are....
Are you having a bad day Matty? You certainly have no problem showing how many problems you have in life do you? Such anger, such despair, so many clues as to how your life must suck. Have you not gotten laid yet?

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Are you having a bad day Matty? You certainly have no problem showing how many problems you have in life do you? Such anger, such despair, so many clues as to how your life must suck. Have you not gotten laid yet?
Actually I did get laid. That's why I didn't post for a week or two. I was busy pounding your mom in the a**, lol
You'll never get it, will ya bud. I laugh while I type every post. I love 'mind fvcking' you morons. I figured you would figure it out someday.........sorry, got to go, your mommy wants some more!!!

Actually I did get laid. That's why I didn't post for a week or two. I was busy pounding your mom in the a**, lol
You'll never get it, will ya bud. I laugh while I type every post. I love 'mind fvcking' you morons. I figured you would figure it out someday.........sorry, got to go, your mommy wants some more!!!
Such a juvenile response,...sigh. It does though fit in regards to how we match up. I am clearly superior to you. No matter how 'powerful' you feel you are on here, no matter how much you impress yourself, YOU will never be as good as me. You use this forum as a measuring stick for yourself. I wonder how you deal with this question? What have you actually obtained from all of this? I already know what your response will be.......but continue on.

Don't worry, when Iowa goes 5-7 and has three or four single digit loses, the "I remember the 60's and 70's" crowd will be out in full force on here and the radio.

Such a juvenile response,...sigh. It does though fit in regards to how we match up. I am clearly superior to you. No matter how 'powerful' you feel you are on here, no matter how much you impress yourself, YOU will never be as good as me. You use this forum as a measuring stick for yourself. I wonder how you deal with this question? What have you actually obtained from all of this? I already know what your response will be.......but continue on.
Lol, as oppossed to your saying I need to get 'laid' at least 20 times. You amuse me, son. But can you at least come up with some new material? Oh, and you seem to forget that you started this crap little fantasy movie boy. You probably wear costumes and are a god in your Aegon, fantasy movie, video game world, but in this world you are just another mindless sheep and I am your herder........
I can ignore you, but you can't ignore your keeper, can you little Aegonny, lol
I love how you try to act like a 'voice of reason' now. You're not, and it's a little too late for that fall back. Everyone already knows better..........
As good as you? lmao, we're not even in the same world, son. It's like comparing Christopher Hitchens with Bilbo Baggins (I bet you dressed like a hobbit before you started dressing like Aegon,Lol).

You will see me negative on other topics (mostly coaching) but going to tak this question at face value and stay optimistic:

1. CJB (don't get hurt, don't get hurt) and deeper passes will open up the running game. Defenses can't just stack up against the short passes and run anymore.

2. North Texas game: last place Fry coached before Iowa and McCarney now coaches there. Lots of nostalgia and story lines for this game.

3. Defense should be a lot better. Linebacker , along with qback, is position that gets a TON better with a year of experience. Really believe that d had no leader last year, need someone to lead, can be from any position, like Sanders, Greenway, Sash, Hyde, Clayborn. No real "star" last year, excited to see who steps up.

4. Possibly easier schedule this year, so more wins. Maryland will be horrible, so that should flip to a win. New coach at Nebby, and hopefully Alverez starts to play the Evashevski role at Wisc. No Tevin Coleman at Indy. New coach at Pitt. ON PAPER, looks easier.

5. The coaching may be conservative, but the offensive scheme is schizophrenic. One game we used multiple tight ends like the Patriots, another we had like 75% passes, we ran the option(?) with CJB, etc. It will be interesting.

6. Iowa has done poorly with high expectations and well with low expectations in past years.
On a board filled with clueless comments this is one of the best. No leader last year? No real star? You think this years defense has a possible first round NFL draft pick like Carl Davis? Iowa is replacing the middle of their defense in Davis, LTP, Alston, and Lowdermilk. That is going to be a big problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT