ADVERTISEMENT

What is to prevent the NFL from

93hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 19, 2004
Deciding they want games on Saturdays, moving lots of eyeballs from college football to NFL? They already have Sunday, Monday, Thursday...why haven't they gobbled up Saturday, too?

Deciding they want games on Saturdays, moving lots of eyeballs from college football to NFL? They already have Sunday, Monday, Thursday...why haven't they gobbled up Saturday, too?
For me living in Iowa im a die hard Iowa fan and my favorite sports is college football. I probably wouldn't watch much if any NFL until after the championship weekend. I feel like I'm not the only one this way so they'd lose viewers. Especially in states with no NFL teams

Yeah that would be smart taking eyeballs away from tv as lots of college fans are nfl fans and throw in tv contracts which fox and cbs broadcasts both, never going to happen except last weeks of nfl season when college football is done.

The NFL will have games on saturdays starting very soon. Have you never noticed that after the army navy game saturday the NFL starts playing on saturdays

The NFL has been playing on Saturdays for decades. I remember back in the 80s when there were only a select amount of bowl games, the NFL would play on Saturdays after the regular college season ended in November. Those were the days growing up. Cheers 🍺

As stated before, they won't do that.

Yes, they invaded Thursday nights and Black Friday, but to be honest I have no idea what the ratings were for that Dolphins game and I sure as f*** didn't bother watching it.

CFB schedule makers shouldn't fear one NFL game on a weekday, not that they've ever scheduled big time games on Thursdays before anyway.

I live in the Philippines and I am 14 hours ahead of Iowa time, so I watch college football at very odd hours, but I gave up watching the NFL for the most part years ago, so I wouldn't choose to watch an NFL game over a college game even if they moved some games to Saturday's. FWIW, for me all Iowa's games except for Nebraska are played on Sunday mornings with Debbie vs Iowa on Saturday. LOL

Reactions: goodbyebobby
As stated before, they won't do that.

Yes, they invaded Thursday nights and Black Friday, but to be honest I have no idea what the ratings were for that Dolphins game and I sure as f*** didn't bother watching it.

CFB schedule makers shouldn't fear one NFL game on a weekday, not that they've ever scheduled big time games on Thursdays before anyway.
9.61 million viewers on Amazon Prime for the Black Friday NFL game. Only 6 college games had more viewers for the entire season. Only 4 games had more than 10 million viewers, OSU/Mich, AL/Georgia, Iowa/Mich, and Colo/Oreg.

I can't remember if I saw this on Twitter or TikTok but there's actually a federal law that says NFL games can't be on Friday or Saturday. I believe the way they skirted around the Black Friday game was because it was on Prime and not "real" TV.

The NFL needs to develop a minor league system like MLB and put an end to this farce known as college football
Do you watch a lot of MiLB? I would bet most on here (and CFB everywhere) don't either. I don't think it would be as highly watch or attended b/c the fans of CFB have some connection to the school that they wouldn't have to minor league teams.

Aside from the division championships and the Super Bowl I don't watch very much NFL football and haven't for probably a decade or so. The game is just too predictable and the games that aren't usually involve a mid-level team getting beat by a cellar dweller and thus are meaningless in the overall scheme of things. When top level teams play, it all comes down to the last 4 or 5 minutes. The fans aren't nearly as enthusiastic and to be honest the NFL is pretty boring. If college football went away, I probably wouldn't watch any football at all so I'm not going to watch it over a college game.

9.61 million viewers on Amazon Prime for the Black Friday NFL game. Only 6 college games had more viewers for the entire season. Only 4 games had more than 10 million viewers, OSU/Mich, AL/Georgia, Iowa/Mich, and Colo/Oreg.
Well then there's your proof they're inflating their numbers.

Almost 10 million people aren't actually tuning into Amazon Prime on Black Friday around noon to watch the Dolphins in real life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT