ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Iowa at for Total Football Scholarships?

92 from what I've heard with Proctor on board, need to be at 85 when fall camp starts. Most likely a RB and/or LB will hit the portal along with others following spring ball who don't think they'll dent the 2-deep this fall.

The obvious spots are RB, and OL. I would be willing to bet we see a TE enter the portal, it would be amazing to see Deacon leave, and then possibly a DB. Also plenty of rumors for medical retirements for someone like Myslinski. It would be nice to be active in the portal come spring for some skill spots.

I don't think it will be difficult to get there. At the end of the day it may require difficult conversations.

I’m dumb and don’t know a lot about how all of this works. Let’s say a doomsday situation happens and no one leaves, can coaches pull scholarships?

I’m dumb and don’t know a lot about how all of this works. Let’s say a doomsday situation happens and no one leaves, can coaches pull scholarships?
It's a case by case basis normally, but I would assume that would lead to the loss of scholarships for the next season at the bare minimum, plus vacating wins. The guys that are back for their 6th year could go and be a walk on from everything that I have read. I have yet to see a firm indication that they would have to be on scholarship. Only that if they are it counts toward the 85.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes1982
All I know is, if Iowa can’t figure out their scholarship situation, it will be the first time in college football history it hasn’t worked out.

I understand speculation on how it will work out, but nobody should be worried about it.

Reactions: Heathen Raider
Not accepting DeJong back is the easy one, He has received the full 4 Year obligation from Iowa and his " spot" just got replaced with Proctor.

Reactions: squeezebox
Not accepting DeJong back is the easy one, He has received the full 4 Year obligation from Iowa and his " spot" just got replaced with Proctor.
The absolute worst part of this situation is that the NIL money should have been thrown at Cayden Green the second he went into the portal. Not sure it would have been enough to keep him away from Mizzou, but gotta take that shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT