ADVERTISEMENT

White's chances in the NBA?

Draft net and espn have him going to San antionio. Could be a good fit. People talk about oversees but I would think even if he's not on an nba roster playing in the d league gives a guy like him a much better chance of being in the nba. If sheehey, Aaron craft and keith appling are in the d league, white could be too.

Not quick enough or good enough outside shot for 3 spot, not big/strong enough for a 4.
Don't think White will make it in the NBA. Hope he finds a home in Europe. Could still make a nice living there for a few years.

I saw today that he has worked out for 16 teams. That certainly shows some serious interest. Now, Olaseni has worked out for 12, and it'd be a total shocker to see him get drafted. Both will, at a minimum, have a FA chance to make a summer league team. Hopefully each makes the most of that chance. It'd be great to see as many Hawkeyes in the NBA as possible.

Regardless of drafted or not, this writer shows a lot of respect for White. Just look at guys ranked lower than him!

Dez Wells, Branden Dawson, Petteway, Scott......and only THREE Big Ten players listed ahead of White.

What's your point?

Really good for. John wall and Bradley Beal might be the second best backcourt in the NBA and he could run the floor for them if he gets some playing time. Will have to earn PT but it's a good team and well deserved for him!

Awesome news and congratulations! Get some money for a wedding and baby needs a new pair of socks! :)

Really good for. John wall and Bradley Beal might be the second best backcourt in the NBA and he could run the floor for them if he gets some playing time. Will have to earn PT but it's a good team and well deserved for him!
Agreed. White could do well with a team that plays a lot of transition ball and emphasizes his strengths.

It sounds like he would have a pretty difficult time making the team. Instead of sticking around for 4 months and then trying to find someplace to move his family, this will give him a sure gig and better security.

Reactions: gohawks_13
I don't know how many college kids take 6 months to make choices after graduation? Most I guess? Take your shot at the league possibly get a few year deal like Marble did for a million. Just my opinion. A 10 year career in Europe will be there in a year also no doubt.

Wizards reporter tweeted today said he spoke to agent and white will play in summer league and then decide if he stays in wahington or goes overseas. We shall see but probably this depends on how he does in summer league

The last report I saw was yesterday afternoon on twitter that him and the wizards will decide after summer league if he plays for washington or overseas. Will ave to play well in summer league to be on their roster.

Gabe seems to be the kind of "big" the nba wants in terms of blocking shots and cleaning up the garbage and offensive rebounding. Even though he does not haw much of a post game, the nba has less and less post game today. Might carve out a role doing the things Tristan thompson or serge Ibaka does, probably not near their level doing it though.

I thought Marble was a better NBA type player, and it's still early, but he isn't getting a lot of burn. I will say though, White's 3 ball looked improved, and that was really what was holding him back. He could make it if those fall.

I've said for years Gabe was the most likely of Fran's players to stick in the nba.

To think how far he progressed in 4 years is impressive and hell probably be significantly better in 4 more years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT