Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Xavier Simpson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Tony Carr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 14 12.1%

• Total voters
I'm hoping Painter does soon, but in reality, I think it will be a while before we hear a commitment from anybody

Would be happy with any of these guys. Wow this continues to look so much better than the Lick days when you wondered if he even knew recruitibg was part of the job.

Would be happy with any of these guys. Wow this continues to look so much better than the Lick days when you wondered if he even knew recruitibg was part of the job.

I'm not sure if that's a totally fair statement. Lick got some good players, Aaron Fuller was Mr. basketball in AZ I think, Anthony Tucker, Jake Kelly. His problem was that he couldn't retain anybody... he almost even lost Gatens, according to some. He certainly wasn't a great recruiter, but he got some guys.

I'm going with Santos, assuming what I've heard about Fran still on him pretty hard is true.

I'm going with Santos, assuming what I've heard about Fran still on him pretty hard is true.
I would've put him on there, but I wasn't sure if Fran had backed off on him or not. Would be a good get if he can stay on the floor.

Based on recent interest and proximity, I'll say Moore will be the next recruit.

To throw another hat into the ring, I just saw Luka Garza, a big guy we're recruiting for 2017, listed as a 2016 recruit on another site. Is he going the prep route as a 2017 recruit?

I'm not sure if that's a totally fair statement. Lick got some good players, Aaron Fuller was Mr. basketball in AZ I think, Anthony Tucker, Jake Kelly. His problem was that he couldn't retain anybody... he almost even lost Gatens, according to some. He certainly wasn't a great recruiter, but he got some guys.

Kelly & Gatens committed to Iowa under Alford...they were not Lickliter recruits....he had a lot of problems,,,recruiting being a big one. He didn't get much with recruits because he did very little recruiting..it was basically his assistants.

I went the twofer and said "other" as it could be Santos or maybe we offer Kriener and he bites like a starving trout on a fly!

Hope Painter's visit goes well this weekend. 247 is projecting PSU for his services. Also saw where they are projecting Huerter to Notre Dame. Hope we get at least a visit.

Hope Painter's visit goes well this weekend. 247 is projecting PSU for his services. Also saw where they are projecting Huerter to Notre Dame. Hope we get at least a visit.

I really think Iowa has to have a good in with him considering his history w Siena and the Fran's.

Herk, you are correct about Huerter. I think Fran being from Philly area is his connection to Painter.

Huerter is referred to as being a PG from NY by reporters and as been said growing up Heurter and Conner both talked about playing together while being ball boys for Seinna, that is a pretty good connection to take into consideration.

Huerter is referred to as being a PG from NY by reporters and as been said growing up Heurter and Conner both talked about playing together while being ball boys for Seinna, that is a pretty good connection to take into consideration.
I like Huerter as a combo guard. Both a long PG and a short quick one would cause nice mismatches for us. On the other hand, the more handlers on the court for offense the better.

I like Huerter as a combo guard. Both a long PG and a short quick one would cause nice mismatches for us. On the other hand, the more handlers on the court for offense the better.

I just don't see much room for Huerter if Fran wants a more traditional PG. Look at the 1-2's he will have on the roster and other areas of need in the coming years. I like the kid and think he will be excellent but is his game any different than Connor's game? Fran already has a big PG in Williams (assuming he is going to work out), he has/will have 2-3 guys so the boat at that position feels pretty full to me (provided he lands a traditional PG like Moore).

I just don't see much room for Huerter if Fran wants a more traditional PG. Look at the 1-2's he will have on the roster and other areas of need in the coming years. I like the kid and think he will be excellent but is his game any different than Connor's game? Fran already has a big PG in Williams (assuming he is going to work out), he has/will have 2-3 guys so the boat at that position feels pretty full to me (provided he lands a traditional PG like Moore).
Judging from who he's offered, Fran appears willing to go either big or small with a 2016 PG, provided they're talented enough to cause a mismatch.

ADVERTISEMENT