ADVERTISEMENT

Why is this illegal?

IAFB2021Champs

HR Heisman
Feb 6, 2012

I’ve seen a couple of similar stories lately about this and I don’t truly understand why someone gets arrested for it.

First off I will say it’s very sad that someone wants to sell a child most likely for drug money but hear me out.

Someone can “donate” eggs or sperm and get paid decently to do so. You can also donate embryo’s which they don’t get paid for but some medical costs can be cover by the people getting the embryo’s (this is by far the cheapest route for someone wanting children).
A parent can give a child up for adoption, I know they don’t get paid to do so but the parents adopting the child have to pay a lot to do so and cover all medical expenses along the way.

So, my question would be. Is it only illegal because the government isn’t making any money off of this sale and it’s making it too easy for someone that wants to have children?
Wouldn’t it be better that these children are with someone that actually wants them and not some parents willing to sell them?

OP be like

3f549d2b-32e4-4cab-a027-9ffc05904611_text.gif

Because children aren't property that you can just sell when you don't want them any longer.

One look at Facebook Marketplace should clear up any hesitation you might have about the propriety of selling children.
lol, this for the love of god. You can’t legally sell a human being, regardless of your perceived view of ownership of said human.

Because children aren't property that you can just sell when you don't want them any longer.

One look at Facebook Marketplace should clear up any hesitation you might have about the propriety of selling children.
But you can take babies to the hospital and drop them with no repercussions, at least in Iowa anyway.

Where is the profit in that?

Do we really want a private, unregulated baby market?

If you're looking to sell babies, why not just get into the surrogate/egg selling business?

Reactions: ping72
If they cost more than a catalytic converter, I can tell you exactly what will happen.

Because they decided selling people was a bad idea a bit ago. Maybe pay someone to carry a baby but you can’t pay for the baby.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Do we really want a private, unregulated baby market?

If you're looking to sell babies, why not just get into the surrogate/egg selling business?
I’m more so saying that maybe they shouldn’t be able to profit the way they do. Along with the agencies making bank for egg/sperm donors or adoption agencies.

I bet some of you have no clue how much money some people spend to try and have a child.

Some find a cheaper route to do so and the government says not so fast, we aren’t making money so you can’t do that. Never mind the fact that you might actually care for this child and love them. We will just take them away from their birth parents and put them in a foster home where no one will care for them.

But you can take babies to the hospital and drop them with no repercussions, at least in Iowa anyway.

Well the parents didn’t make a profit but the adoption agency that then sells that child most likely does.

So could a child be donated to a family and that new family just pays some processing and medical fees to the family that is donating the child?

being a parent is a fundamental constitutional right. There are very strict guidelines to when and how the government can interfere with that right. One such guideline is the Safe Haven Act that you mention where a parent can take a baby to a designated location and relinquish custody. This law was in direct response to a mother who murdered her newborn. that still happens but much less frequently since the law passed.

I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that the government somehow profits from removing babies but I promise you there is not. The state spends millions of dollars trying to avoid removing babies, working to address protective concerns with parents and seeking permanent homes for the children that cannot be returned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT