ADVERTISEMENT

Why No Ramos at Pan am Games?

Has he wrestled the Cuban who beat Espisedo (sp?) in the finals? If so what were the results? That Cuban was very good.

Has he wrestled the Cuban who beat Espisedo (sp?) in the finals? If so what were the results? That Cuban was very good.

Yea...the Cuban ragdolled Tony at Beat the Streets a few months ago in New York.

The Cuban is a World Silver Medalist I believe and beat Tony by TF. Tony got in on the legs and couldn't convert. He had his leg tree topped multiple times and the Cuban displayed incredible poise, balance and athleticism not to give up a takedown. Tony will need to make huge adjustments to beat him. I believe when they wrestled the Cuban outweighed him (he looked much bigger). In a recent interview Tony mentioned that would like to see the Cuban make the weight and then see how the match goes. I guess we'll have to wait till the World Championships to see.

Reactions: SandBuff
I wish McDonough would have gotten the nod over Esco.

Colon was actually supposed to get the nod but I believe has a shoulder injury. The border for selection for events like Pan Ams is strictly based off national team order.

Colon was actually supposed to get the nod but I believe has a shoulder injury. The border for selection for events like Pan Ams is strictly based off national team order.
Thanks. I still wish McDonough would have been the guy ;)

ADVERTISEMENT