ADVERTISEMENT

will this be the week we see the "Raider" package?

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
In years past Phil has limited the amount of snaps he used the "Raider" in the non-conference, while then turning to it as our main 3rd and long defense once we hit B1G play. Do you guys think that is the case this year? I would have to imagine we'll see quite a bit of "Raider" on Saturday vs. PSU.

If so, I hope Anterio Thompson is a part of that personnel package this year. It's pretty simple for the DT, just go get the QB.

"Raider" package and punt return team is the perfect role for him his first year on campus.

Reactions: ichawk24
I was wondering about that as well. Serious question- was the "raider" package used at all last year? I don't remember that being used at all.

Reactions: ichawk24
Now this is the kind of thread I want to see on the day before the game!!!! REAL football chatter.

I do think Phil will start to be more creative this week, and will need to be for us to beat PSU.

Go Hawks! I'm pumped for the game. Although I hate waiting all day Saturday for our game to start.

In years past Phil has limited the amount of snaps he used the "Raider" in the non-conference, while then turning to it as our main 3rd and long defense once we hit B1G play. Do you guys think that is the case this year? I would have to imagine we'll see quite a bit of "Raider" on Saturday vs. PSU.

If so, I hope Anterio Thompson is a part of that personnel package this year. It's pretty simple for the DT, just go get the QB.

"Raider" package and punt return team is the perfect role for him his first year on campus.
Some raider and possibly more blitz if the hawks get them in third and long. I was impressed with Nick Jackson's speed on the blitz last week.

I thought it was interesting what the 2 Fredricks brothers said on their ANF Hawk video. They said the psu qb Aller was a top rated qb by 10th grade, didnt run and get hit much, doesnt run much yet at psu, so they thought if the hawks can hit him hard and clean early on and keep getting to him his passing game will weaken.

They also said Aller did not look that sharp passing the ball against a tougher Illini defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT