ADVERTISEMENT

Will this year be the biggest test of Brand's coaching at Iowa?

Marsteller is going 157 this coming year, he will also do whatever John tells him too. He has also said he needed to do a lot of growing up, second half of the season he did a lot of growing up. Also he got rid of one of his biggest problems ( I'm proud of Chance seeing his faults).

Alex will wrestle 165, we will be in the team race and Alex wants a team title ( not the second class dual title). Alex moves on, Chance moves up. Blees, Joe Smith steps in at 157. We are loaded and have depth from 125-165. When Mark Hall comes aboard will fill 174 or 184.
This post was edited on 4/17 12:52 PM by mike tognetti

Re OSU, you've got Dierenger at 165 through 2016, and Collica at 157 through 2017. Which means neither C Rogers nor Marsteller will be a 4-year starter, and one of them will sit on the bench their entire career. Meanwhile, Blees won't start at 157 until he's a junior.

Great to have depth, but not a great way to spread 9.9 scholarships.

Is Collica perhaps going back down to 149 since Kindig is gone? If so, then having Blees or Marsteller at 157 makes sense. Somebody still sits.

Collica will be going 149 the next two years which I put in my post earlier. Blees could be going at 157 his soph year. Somebody will sit and Rogers is a in state guy which has very little when it come to the 9.9!

It's called depth in the lineup and the recruits are coming in knowing that. They are up to the challenge, somebody also could get hurt. John has pulled in some top recruits the last 3 years. I think this high school recruiting class could be better than last years.
This post was edited on 4/17 2:47 PM by mike tognetti

Originally posted by mike tognetti:

Collica will be going 149 the next two years which I put in my post earlier. Blees could be going at 157 his soph year. Somebody will sit and Rogers is a in state guy which has very little when it come to the 9.9!

It's called depth in the lineup and the recruits are coming in knowing that. They are up to the challenge, somebody also could get hurt. John has pulled in some top recruits the last 3 years. I think this high school recruiting class could be better than last years.
Doesn't OSU offer in state to all athletes?

Originally posted by MN.HAWK:

Originally posted by mike tognetti:

Doesn't OSU offer in state to all athletes?
I believe that is correct and it definitely works to their advantage

Thanks for clarification, Tognetti. OSU will be tough if it all fits together. I'm curious to see how effective Marsteller will be at 157. Don't take Hall please.

Here is a example of in state against out of state. I give a out of state recruit a 80% scholarship which will cost the recruit ($33,000 a year full ride) $6600. I give the in state recruit 20% (instate recruit a year full ride $5,600) which will cost him only $4480. Instate pays less and it only cost wrestling program 20% of a scholarship. Instate recruits are the bread and butter to programs like OSU.

No, only the ones from in state. As for the math lessen MN, I had this class at Nationals on this matter and the room was full with people who had on Iowa jerseys. Ask Azchief and Ihawk9tmes, they we're in the front row.

I think minn was referring to the fact that your recruits move to ok before college so you can screw the system.

Wasdt21, the parents think of it as they saved some money coming a year earlier to Stillwater. They also had better wrestling coaches during that time. Now all we need to do is get Mark Hall to Stillwater for his senior year.
wink.r191677.gif
If that happens I don't think Wasdt21 will like me anymore.

Yea, finding jobs for the wrestler's parents is a great strategy as long as the NCAA doesn't find out
ashamed0006.r191677.gif

Originally posted by MN.HAWK:
Thanks for a math lesson that everyone here already knows. The question I asked was, doesn't OSU offer in state tuition to all athletes?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
MN

You are far too critical of Okie State's advanced math course example. As a froshie comes in, highly trained profs have to "learn up" undagrads from the finger counting system. The first transition is:

One of doez

Anoda one of doez

Tree a doez

Tree and anoda one a doez

etc etc

Marsteller is going 157 this coming year, he will also do whatever John tells him too. He has also said he needed to do a lot of growing up, second half of the season he did a lot of growing up. Also he got rid of one of his biggest problems ( I'm proud of Chance seeing his faults).

Alex will wrestle 165, we will be in the team race and Alex wants a team title ( not the second class dual title). Alex moves on, Chance moves up. Blees, Joe Smith steps in at 157. We are loaded and have depth from 125-165. When Mark Hall comes aboard will fill 174 or 184.
This post was edited on 4/17 12:52 PM by mike tognetti

I'd assume Mr Smith knows what he is doing but 157 is a stretch. Marstellar wrestled 170 / 180 in high school. Seems brutal.

I'd assume Mr Smith knows what he is doing but 157 is a stretch. Marstellar wrestled 170 / 180 in high school. Seems brutal.

Marstellar cut little to no weight in HS at 170. A college 157 pounder starts out at least 170 or so before cut down. Marstellar is very short too. The fact he never had to cut weight to perform at a high level is more of an issue for him than the amount he is cutting. It takes time to get used to not being on full feed.

ADVERTISEMENT