ADVERTISEMENT

Willies to Missouri

This is going to be awesome. The whole situation will intimately show everyone just how stubborn and ridiculous both Ferentz and Davis really are. It's hilarious that this kid wasn't playing after what he did in the spring game. Like we had any better options? Our passing offense has been a total mess ever since David got here. Can you imagine our group of wide receivers next year after Tevaun Smith leaves? It's going to be amazing.

Ferentz showed what a terrible person he was in this situation. Not to mention his horrible coaching that had Willies on the bench in the first place. CJ should have jumped ship when he had the chance.
Good ole eddy trolling again, and not very well.

I can't say I'm thrilled with Davis but didn't he replace what most on here thought was the worst OC Iowa ever had? It doesn't matter because if we would happen to win 9 or 10 games this year all of the loosers would be gone and the people that think were going to be National champions next year would be out.

First Mizzou has to take him. Pinkel and KF treat players in a similar fashion. I'm sure he'll have some questions for Mr. Willies. He has red flags. Not getting what you think is enough PT as a freshman? Willies's response was to transfer and Tweet about it.

Major red flags.

The kid has raw talent and could become something special, but lots of kids have raw talent. Not many have the intestinal fortitude to persevere through challenges. Does Derrick? I would question it.

I would guess he is is walking on as of now because he is not listed as a commit. Let's see if this actually happens.

I can't say I'm thrilled with Davis but didn't he replace what most on here thought was the worst OC Iowa ever had? It doesn't matter because if we would happen to win 9 or 10 games this year all of the loosers would be gone and the people that think were going to be National champions next year would be out.
And what would be the big deal about winning 9 or 10 wins with their chicken shit schedule. They would get piss pounded in the Big 10 East. Their home schedule is a total joke. People buying season tickets either have a tone of money to piss away or no home life!

Reactions: RocknRollface
Ferentz showed what a terrible person he was in this situation. Not to mention his horrible coaching that had Willies on the bench in the first place. CJ should have jumped ship when he had the chance.
You know I get you being all pissy because you are an Iowa State fan but you don't have to be gay as well.

Reactions: Guidotheguide
And what would be the big deal about winning 9 or 10 wins with their chicken shit schedule. They would get piss pounded in the Big 10 East. Their home schedule is a total joke. People buying season tickets either have a tone of money to piss away or no home life!
Well I would think you for one would be very impressed with 9 or 10 wins. Is it really an easy schedule for a team you think has a horrible coach and crappy players? You are one angry little SOB aren't you?

Let's wait and see if he has a career somewhere before ripping on Kirk. Blowing up in the spring game doesn't mean a guy is a sure thing. It's a spring game. And our defense wasn't good last year. If Willies goes for 700+ yards somewhere I will question things. Until that happens, he's a project.

First Mizzou has to take him. Pinkel and KF treat players in a similar fashion. I'm sure he'll have some questions for Mr. Willies. He has red flags. Not getting what you think is enough PT as a freshman? Willies's response was to transfer and Tweet about it.

Major red flags.

The kid has raw talent and could become something special, but lots of kids have raw talent. Not many have the intestinal fortitude to persevere through challenges. Does Derrick? I would question it.

Still waiting on our offensive skill position players with raw talent..

So help me understand... Ha could have been a Soph.starter (possibly a stud) this year, but instead he chose to quit,spend a year either sitting out or at small school THIS YEAR... And then play next year at Mizzou? Brilliant choice! NOT

So help me understand... Ha could have been a Soph.starter (possibly a stud) this year, but instead he chose to quit,spend a year either sitting out or at small school THIS YEAR... And then play next year at Mizzou? Brilliant choice! NOT
He was smart enough to know Ferentz was going to continue playing worse players over him.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Let's wait and see if he has a career somewhere before ripping on Kirk. Blowing up in the spring game doesn't mean a guy is a sure thing. It's a spring game. And our defense wasn't good last year. If Willies goes for 700+ yards somewhere I will question things. Until that happens, he's a project.

Is that what James Cleveland thought as well? Pretty sure I remember correctly that Cleveland did the same thn
Not trolling it is the truth. He is a little man and poor coach. It would be easier to root for him if he was a good guy.

Eddie has a point. Ferentz has long been just the loyal coach to his upper classman and allows them to play even though they're are better options and higher talent that could be played. I could have thought of 2 other receivers who could have played ahead of KMM. CJB vs Ruddock is another example. A lot of fans see it the same way but the reality is Ferentz turns a blind eye to the best talent over tenure.

Reactions: eddie4star
Outside of Cleveland getting busted for illegals, he was in the same position as Willies. He killed it at Houston. Hope Willies does the same wherever he lands.

Is that what James Cleveland thought as well? Pretty sure I remember correctly that Cleveland did the same thn

Eddie has a point. Ferentz has long been just the loyal coach to his upper classman and allows them to play even though they're are better options and higher talent that could be played. I could have thought of 2 other receivers who could have played ahead of KMM. CJB vs Ruddock is another example. A lot of fans see it the same way but the reality is Ferentz turns a blind eye to the best talent over tenure.

I think it is more the "Ferentz Union Card" than upperclassmen syndrome. As long as guys work hard, prepare properly and do things the Ferentz way, they are rewarded despite their physical talents.

Reactions: DewHawk

Lol a project? That's insane.

Matt Vandeburg is a project.

No, he wanted to come back to Iowa.

I think it is more the "Ferentz Union Card" than upperclassmen syndrome. As long as guys work hard, prepare properly and do things the Ferentz way, they are rewarded despite their physical talents.

KMM played as a freshman, so how does go toward favoring upperclassmen?

The real question is do you take him number 1 in the NFL draft or do you go for a QB?

What happened to needing to be near his father? I wouldn't fault him if he really was worried about his father and needed to be close because of a life threatening illness, but his actions now seem to bring question on whether that was the whole story. Just guessing, but maybe that had something to do with the reason he had to work to get back on the team and wasn't just welcomed with open arms. Sometimes good players are bad for the team in other ways. He had a way to get back on the team and chose to quit instead. That might say something...

Reactions: saberfan
Willies may not have fully understood the offense but he stretched the defense and made plays, while buried behind a pack of mediocrity (at best) at WR. We have a huge problem with keeping our better recruits on campus. Willies should have been starting our wide receivers were awful. The players knew that too.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk

Damn?! That's it! The Ferentz Union Card. Why is this the first time I have heard of this?!?

Once you have the FUC in your possession, you don't have to worry about losing your job... That is sad, but true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT