ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder how.......

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Painters visit is going. Hope he commits to the Hawks, I like his inside/outside game.

I don't think he will commit for several weeks but I think we got a great shot.

I didn't expect a commitment while he was here either because he has a lot of opportunities to choose from. I hope he picks the Hawks but I think it will be a while before he makes is college choice.

I didn't expect a commitment while he was here either because he has a lot of opportunities to choose from. I hope he picks the Hawks but I think it will be a while before he makes is college choice.
Gotta believe it can be stressful on a coach to wait out decisions made by teenagers. Every kid should take their time as the college choice impacts their future but it could only add gray hair to the coaches waiting for the commitment. Glad we look good with Painter, Cook, and Rakocevic, as well as Santos and Huerter. Probably need a PG in this class though, unless Huerter could do it.

I actually think the Coaches have a very good idea who they are going to get. You get a vibe from a recruit one way or the other.

I actually think the Coaches have a very good idea who they are going to get. You get a vibe from a recruit one way or the other.
This true to a certain extent, coaches have good idea who they're going to get. However, I think Fran was surprised with the 2014 class both by Uhl's commitment and Ulis' noncommitment.

This true to a certain extent, coaches have good idea who they're going to get. However, I think Fran was surprised with the 2014 class both by Uhl's commitment and Ulis' noncommitment.
I read somewhere that some of the so called experts think Penn State has the edge with Painter. No idea if that is true or not.

This has been the norm since Fran took over. He and his staff keep a very tight lid on recruiting. I wish there was some tidbits but it doesn't work that way anymore. I like the fact that Painter is keeping his recruiting close to vest also. He's not an attention hoar.

Only time will tell.

I read somewhere that some of the so called experts think Penn State has the edge with Painter. No idea if that is true or not.
Pretty sure you read about PSU having an edge for Painter at 247. They make a living at the crystal ball by almost invariably picking the closest or most prestigious school pursuing a recruit. Since this is often the case, it's a fairly safe bet. However, I haven't seen much outside of 247 specifically linking Painter to PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT