ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup

wow! this is crazy! ruth wins 22-13. that is NOT a type. the points were literally flying.

up 4-2 in the dual w/ 2 left.

varner complaining of getting poked in eye. time out. varner up 1-0 at break via stalling.

iran pimping belarus 7 matches to 0 right now.

varner lost contact lense. i lost audio---now it's back. beautiful picture tho...ankle pick TD for varner. 3-0 w/ 2 min. left.

ray active and wins 3-0 in a bit of a snoozer.

we take on russia on mat A at 8:30pm central this evening!

could u imagine this type of event in iowa city? seems like it would be a bigger crowd that what it seems this one is.

i kind of like how you can score 16 unanswered points in frestyle. daddy like these rule changes.

ruth was letting it fly in a fast and furious way to say the least.

This is the longest lamest lead in for a wrestling match I have seen EVER!! Get on with the wrestling! CHA would be going nuts about right now.

Amen HawkFT. And why have they not figured out the sound issues on mat A after several hours? Video is great. Sound is great on mat B. Come on technical peeps figure this out!

Ramos taken down by the Russian in the first.
Comes back with 2 TD of his own to win 4-2

Beautiful picture on the stream. I have both mats going and don't need the sound on A as B is providing all the ambiance I need.

I think they should sacrafice some of the picture quality though because the streams occasionally pause.

This post was edited on 4/11 9:05 PM by PapaBearSLIM

After giving up early td Metcalf opened a can of whoopass in the 2nd period to get th 13-3 tf. HiCs and guts...

No kidding. Scott looks lost out there. Give McD a chance!. Hawkeyes looking pretty damn good. Ramos got caught yes, but he was up 2-0 and controlling that match prior. Metcalf is a man among boys. So impressed

Marable loses 6-4

Iowa 2, Russia 2

This post was edited on 4/11 9:33 PM by Jackhawk87

What is the deal with with the refs slapping wrestlers hands? It happens when they are gripping in some way.

Originally posted by Fortunata:
What is the deal with with the refs slapping wrestlers hands? It happens when they are gripping in some way.
Interlocking fingers.

International refs take liberties in touching athletes and physically making them stop clinching fingers and other little things. When I first saw it some years ago I was like whoa. Used to it now.

Smacking a grown man's hands. SMH

Burroughs dominates.
Ruth gets pinned. Needs some defense in a bad way.
Varner loses 4-0
Dlagnev comes up huge and gets a 12-0 TF and is able to tie it 4-4 and win it for us on criteria.

Announcer speculated that Ruth may have popped shoulder out during scramble preceding fall. Curiously, the Russian wrestler tapped his own shoulder earlier in the match, probably unrelated but I noticed it.

Originally posted by akaoni:
Announcer speculated that Ruth may have popped shoulder out during scramble preceding fall. Curiously, the Russian wrestler tapped his own shoulder earlier in the match, probably unrelated but I noticed it.
I heard it was a torn meniscus. . . .

Originally posted by WWDMHawkeye:

That is what I thought when I was watching it. Seemed to be the same problem he had a nationals his freshman year. Hopefully he comes back just as strong.

Seriously though, that guy needs to develop some defense, some mental toughness, and wrestle the entire 6 minutes though. He has such tremendous physical abilities. If he learned how to wrestle smart and tough, he could be a multiple time Olympic gold medalist IMO.

Isn't he wrestling with Cael, Varner, and DT? You would think that he would be developing the freestyle abilities faster than he is. He doesn't look any different than last year to me. Last year, it seemed like McD and Ruth were in the same boat of needing to learn freestyle better and develop better defense. McD is improving, Ruth - not so much.

Disclaimer - I haven't seen Ruth wrestle all that much.

Originally posted by Jackhawk87:

Originally posted by WWDMHawkeye:

That is what I thought when I was watching it. Seemed to be the same problem he had a nationals his freshman year. Hopefully he comes back just as strong.

Seriously though, that guy needs to develop some defense, some mental toughness, and wrestle the entire 6 minutes though. He has such tremendous physical abilities. If he learned how to wrestle smart and tough, he could be a multiple time Olympic gold medalist IMO.

Isn't he wrestling with Cael, Varner, and DT? You would think that he would be developing the freestyle abilities faster than he is. He doesn't look any different than last year to me. Last year, it seemed like McD and Ruth were in the same boat of needing to learn freestyle better and develop better defense. McD is improving, Ruth - not so much.

Disclaimer - I haven't seen Ruth wrestle all that much.
In the match prior he was down 13-6 against the returning world silver medalist and rattled off 16 unanswered points to win. That shows some pretty good mental toughness in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT