ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling for Life Website

GG121AND2

HR All-American
Aug 1, 2007
The development proof of the Wrestling for Life website is up and I'd like your thoughts. We need more photos and videos so if you have pictures or videos of kids wrestling or we gave your group tickets and you have photos from your trip to Carver please email me at jbrown@wrestlingforlife.org.

We have very aggressive goals for the 2015/2016 year and this is one more step along the way. We have sent at least one group of 20 to every Hawkeye home event for three years in a row - that string will continue, but also:

The November 28, 2015 Panther dual with Missouri will be our second Middle School Wrestling Night at UNI. The university will allot us 200 tickets and I want to give them all away. Bill Bails' 3rd Take Down Cancer Clinic, featuring Panther Wrestling Club athletes, will be that afternoon before the meet.

We will give 1,000 tickets to the 2016 NCAA Division III Championships to kids' wrestling clubs, middle school teams and youth organizations.

Increase our support of Female Elite Wrestling (FEW) to facilitate the growth of girls' wrestling in Iowa. So far in 2015 FEW has won the 10U Nuway National Dual Folkstyle Team Championship, had 5 champions and 18 All-Americans at the Girls National Folkstyle Championships, trained 2 Womens' Collegiate Wrestling Association All-Americans and put the first-ever Iowa girl on the World Junior Team, Rachel Watters.

Last year we were able to send kids to duals at Maryland and Rutgers. We want to add 8 more "away" schools to our ticket program. Any Missouri Tiger lurkers want to join in the fun?

The donate page is not yet live, but we will soon have PayPal and credit card donation options.

Anyway - I would appreciate your feedback. As you visit the site, please take note of our corporate sponsors. Yes, I know - we are missing a few. Please be patient - they are coming.

www.wrestlingforlife.org

I agree that it looks great, Jim. The "donate" page and 501(c)(3) status, together, should give donations a big boost.

Reactions: Gobblin
Well, I couldn't pass up a deal like that! Support a great organization doing amazing things to grow wrestling, AND get a book about Dan Gable at the same time. That's a win-win on any scorecard. Now all of y'all can fight over the other four copies. ;)

3 copies. We received another one shortly after brucefan's. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Why does it not surprise me that the first four people to donate online are all Hawkeye Report posters? You folks are the greatest wrestling supporters in America.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT