ADVERTISEMENT

You care only about the Dance

Fran might sit Weesy, if he isn't ready, but the team will be going to do what they can to win the BTT. The team is in a good place, except for injuries, and we need to keep that positive momentum going...

Playing in the B1G tournament gets the team used to survive and advance mentality that this team needs to be locked into from this point out.

Any other crap or reasoning ..why or why not, blah blah, is irrelevant.

Winning the B1G tournament would be nice, of course. But just the experience of trying to is more valuable now, ahead of the NCAA tournament.

tSPU, having just beaten Maryland on the road, is enjoying some good momentum right now. They should make quick work of knebby. Then, I think they take down wiscy. But with tired legs, they lose to the Hawks. So the scenario you mention (where Iowa plays the Lions) is very possible--perhaps even likely. But, as has been mentioned elsewhere here, if Iowa goes into the Dance having lost to either Nebraska or Penn State, they have much bigger problems than dropping down a seed.
I think the caveat would be IF they lose to psu with all hands there's reason for more concern. I think it would be a different thought process if JW and CJF were held out. They're a different team when either one of those guys can't go.

Reactions: cruhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT