ADVERTISEMENT

You guys played great last night...

Sep 2, 2001
Fun young team to watch. I'm sure the Freshman will go through some more ups and downs throughout the B1G grind, but you saw what kind of upside they have. I actually didn't think we did a bad job defending Jok...he just hit about everything with hands in his face. Our interior D was atrocious...both Swanigan and Haas played terrible defense in the second half. We can't seem to play with any consistency, and our fanbase is pretty down on this team. Beginning of the second half was key...you got after the 9 point lead in a hurry, and we couldn't pull away from there on. Good luck the rest of the way, and maybe we will get a rubber match in the B1G tourney!!!

Fun young team to watch. I'm sure the Freshman will go through some more ups and downs throughout the B1G grind, but you saw what kind of upside they have. I actually didn't think we did a bad job defending Jok...he just hit about everything with hands in his face. Our interior D was atrocious...both Swanigan and Haas played terrible defense in the second half. We can't seem to play with any consistency, and our fanbase is pretty down on this team. Beginning of the second half was key...you got after the 9 point lead in a hurry, and we couldn't pull away from there on. Good luck the rest of the way, and maybe we will get a rubber match in the B1G tourney!!!

Thanks, and it was certainly an entertaining game to watch. I thought it was just a clean, well-played, hard-fought B1G game. It surely could've gotten chippy but both sides handled themselves well, I thought.
We obviously benefitted from your shooters cooling off in the second half as it seemed like in the first half everything was going in for you guys (probably what it seemed like with us in the 2nd).
Jok continues to drop jaws and shake heads for us as well as it seems he's best when he's got a guy in his jersey and 4 hands in his face. So smooth and gets the shot off so fast....
Not to speak for everyone on here but the excitement for the future is very high and we're enjoying this season no matter what it brings as the youngins are entertaining to watch...bumps and all!
Good luck the rest of the year even though I think we're supposed to still hate you guys according to Jim Delaney.;)

Jim Delany would trade Purdue and Iowa for some East Coast teams in a heartbeat.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments and I think as the season goes on you will be more forgiving of your guys as I think we'll be making our win look more the norm than the exception.

Even though you are Iowa's most hated rival, thanks for the post. Good luck the rest of the way.

Nice post. I am very impressed with Purdue and I think they could make a deep tourney run. I'm not sure what their weaknesses are, but there aren't many. Iowa played inspired ball and Jok is the real deal. I sincerely hope we don't play them again unless it is in the B1G tourney title game!

Oh, and I hate Purdue!:mad:;)

Very gracious comments. Purdue got away from Swanigan in the second half which helped. Boilermakers will be right there in the end for the B10 title. This was a hard fought game.

I think this team is as good or even better than the team with E. Moore, Johnson & Hummel.
Glad that Cline cooled off at the very end! He had ice in his veins!
Best of luck the rest of your season!

Well played, hard fought Big Ten game. I think you guys have an excellent team and would not be surprised to see Purdue in the Final Four. Good luck the rest of the way(except if we meet in the B1G Tourney).

Nice post. I am very impressed with Purdue and I think they could make a deep tourney run. I'm not sure what their weaknesses are, but there aren't many. Iowa played inspired ball and Jok is the real deal. I sincerely hope we don't play them again unless it is in the B1G tourney title game!

Oh, and I hate Purdue!:mad:;)

Overall quickness, explosiveness, and coaching

Thanks. I honestly would be pretty happy if we could keep that up. Because I think everyone is aware how potent Purdue really is. Good luck in your run!!

Reactions: nagemj02
Swanigan has really suprised me this year. He is playing up to his ranking now.

I still think its a guards game, so it will be interesting to see how Purdue does in the tourney.

Thanks! It was a fun game to be at. You guys have the talent and the versatility to do some damage in the tournament. I will be pulling for you.

Reactions: nagemj02
Due to experience, I think Purdue is a bit superior to Iowa. The Hawks were a bit fortunate to get hot at the end just as Purdue got cold and stole one. I'd be ecstatic if Iowa looks a lot like this Purdue team over the next couple of seasons- they're the best all around team I've seen in Carver so far this year.

I'll be pulling for you guys to beat down Clappy at IU and to put a knot on the Badgers' heads. Good luck the rest of the way.

Purdue is the best team in the league.

Unfortunately for them, they still suffer from cases of "The Purdues"...

Reactions: torbee

Good luck the rest of the year Boiler...and IU SUCKS.....

Purdue is the best team in the league.

Unfortunately for them, they still suffer from cases of "The Purdues"...

A "case of the Purdue's" has a lot to do with the in-game coaching (from Keady through Painter), moreso than players not making good plays. We've seen the same results in other close games with varying personnel over the years. At some point, logic points to the constant (head coach and coaching staff) as being the main source of these repeated problems in close games and bad showings on defense.

Coaches are the ones that can put their players/teams in position to be successful. Painter has never been great at that, just average. This team's personnel is not a particularly good one defensively but Painter still runs the same defense with them (can't put square pegs in round holes). Offensively, they have a freshman that is arguably their most dynamic guard since E'Twaun Moore (freshman Carsen Edwards) yet Painter never runs any pick & rolls or iso's with him.

Even though you are Iowa's most hated rival, thanks for the post. Good luck the rest of the way.
ihatepurdue4.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT