ADVERTISEMENT

Zain must have the flu again

Yes....it's been reported on the PS board he must have the flu by a poster on there board.

Ahh, yes -- the recurrent strain of influenza A. It's been rampant in Happy Valley this flu season. Well known to the CDC. Has a predilection for 149-pound defending NCAA champs.

Reactions: HIWILLE and el dub
giphy.gif

Please don't take the words of some idiot posters at BWI as how the group as a whole feels.

Interesting that Zain has 3 stalling calls against Colica/Sorensen this year and they have zero in those matches.

I didn't expect it at all, but Brandon and Collica appear to have closed the gap on Zain. It looks like they've figured out how to hang with him. Still a big hump to get over, but he's looking far from unbeatable. Nolf has taken his place in that regard.

I like Brandon's chances better than Collica's, as Brandon scored more against Zain and Collica mostly just slowed down his offense. However, I think both guys have a legit shot at knocking him off.

Last edited:
I didn't expect it at all, but Brandon and Collica appear to have closed the gap on Zain. It looks like they've figured out how to hang with him. Still a big bump to get over, but he's looking far from unbeatable. Nolf has taken his place in that regard.

I like Brandon's chances better than Collica's, as Brandon scored more against Zain and Collica mostly just slowed down his offense. However, I think both guys have a legit shot at knocking him off.

if zain gets beat this year it will be a funky scrambler from outside the big 10 that does it. he trains with nolf so lets just call it a fluke if he loses. ok

Interesting that Zain has 3 stalling calls against Colica/Sorensen this year and they have zero in those matches.
Any decent official would have hit Zain with 1 or 2 additional stalls in his match with Brandon. Cael is slowly turning Zain into Tony Nelson.

Maybe Sorensen has closed the gap on Zain but as I've said before this result was no different than any other time collica has wrestled retheford. Collica has always been able to wrestle him close but he still hasn't been able to beat him.

2014, 33-3, 42% bonus
2016, 35-0, 89% bonus
2017, 19-0, 84% bonus

I'm seriously concerned. I'm fearful that Zain is regressing into a shell of his former self. Hopefully he can recover from his ailments and pick up the pace in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Chopper25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT